What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

I had offerred to one serving three star and a former chief... was shot down faster than Abhinandan crossing the LoC @messiach
Feel your pain bro!

Hi,

I will guarantee you one thing---. When I win the lottery---you will have your funds for the machine---.
No amount of funds, can change a psyche.

Not a single PMP is to be found in project management on PAF side
LOL....

Last year I took a Six Sigma course at Pakistan Institute of Management. I was perhaps the only private individual who took the course; the rest being government employees. The interest level varied considerably among the other participants. As a tax-payer, attitude of some government employees was demoralizing.

Having done a PMP a while back, I can attest that pretty good PM instruction and course is available at PIM. I highly recommend Dr. Samnan's class at PIM Lahore (he may teach at Islamabad too). PAC & PAF should send a few guys for a course. Even a diploma course is good, if PMP certification is a bit much.

LOL....

Last year I took a Six Sigma course at Pakistan Institute of Management. I was perhaps the only private individual who took the course; the rest being government employees. The interest level varied considerably among the other participants. As a tax-payer, attitude of some government employees was demoralizing.

Having done a PMP a while back, I can attest that pretty good PM instruction and course is available at PIM. I highly recommend Dr. Samnan's class at PIM Lahore (he may teach at Islamabad too). PAC & PAF should send a few guys for a course. Even a diploma course is good, if PMP certification is a bit much.

PMP is akin to teaching someone what a screw driver is, what a wrench is etc,
it is not reasonable to trust someone to make a space shuttle just by knowing PMP.

This is a side discussion, but I have severe reservations on these PmP types.

LOL....

Project management is a very diverse fiekd. A successful project manager from construction would not be successful in software. But the issue at hand on this thread is how to approach the Azm initiative. Let me generalize it. Given we dont have an aerospace industry in Pakistan, how can we set it up? Do we need a university as a first step? Or is it better to take a handson approach of getting a focus group of people to deliver results and then make them pass on their learning?

Lesson learned
Screenshot_20190409-220904_Facebook.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom