What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

I know better than you what are you saying at long ranges bvr are faster,at closer range they are slower, and i am in USA i know far far better than English than you fart,keep trolling @Aasimkhan
i never said this, i was saying various BVRs have different ranges and different speeds. The BVRs with more speed have a larger NEZ even if they are fired from a longer range. A BVR with slow speed even if fired from closer distance will have a smaller NEZ.

Mirages for ground attack, Thunders for hunting flying pigs

After Indian mig-21 planes were shot down, Indian airforce planners are seriously considering F-21 offer from USA. I think 15 billon dollars is a lot of moneys for 4.5 generation fighter program.

We need to start production of JF-17 Block3 and get another long range miltrole fighter plane, J-31 or J-20.

After Indian mig-21 planes were shot down, Indian airforce planners are seriously considering F-21 offer from USA. I think 15 billon dollars is a lot of moneys for 4.5 generation fighter program.

We need to start production of JF-17 Block3 and get another long range miltrole fighter plane, J-31 or J-20.
I think paf shot down 2 mig 29

Seriously minded forum members would know that there is a lot of propaganda & misinformation from both sides during the war press briefings.

ISPR has been claiming that they shot down 2 Indian Mig -21 but only showing one pilot and debris of one aircraft. Indian spokesman, on the other hand, claims IAF also shot down one F-16.

IMHO only one aircraft was shot down by PAF and India did not shoot down any PAF fighter.

Seriously minded forum members would know that there is a lot of propaganda & misinformation from both sides during the war press briefings.

ISPR has been claiming that they shot down 2 Indian Mig -21 but only showing one pilot and debris of one aircraft. Indian spokesman, on the other hand, claims IAF also shot down one F-16.

IMHO only one aircraft was shot down by PAF and India did not shoot down any PAF fighter.
2 mig29 shot down

One landed in AJK and the other on IOK side

2 mig29 shot down

One landed in AJK and the other on IOK side

Sir,

It is the first time I have heard that the downed plane was a Mig-29; DG ISPR never mentioned Mig-29? How did you manage to dig out this piece of news? On the number downed planes have you not heard that "Truth is the first casualty in a war" and no one really knows what is really happening. I still remember that during 1971 war we were told that all was going well in the war in East Pakistan until the news of surrender.

You are welcome to insist that it was Mig-29. However, in reply to a question in Khanzah's program ACM (Rtd), Suhail Aman implied that it was a Mig-21 but also said that IAF Mig-21s had been modified to carry BVR missiles and thus capable of shooting down any fighter? You would agree that as recently retired Chief of PAF, he would know more than you and me together.

Finally, I posted what I believe to be closer to reality and it is possible that 2 planes were downed but these were not the Mig-29's.

Fog of war @niaz - the bigger issue is that NO one in the border areas or in critical cities is talking of civil defense initiatives or the like.

Its not that they are not sweating on the other side as well, and there is no need for us to sweat more; but at this could end up in a snowball effect where both sides aren’t able to control it.

Mug-21 and Dual seater mig-29, jf and mirages no f-16 involved at all

The mig type which fell in iok can be confirmed from other side but paf might have some indication as depending on range of visual than gun camera will confirm if bvr then iff data or awacs data might confirm

Bhai...
I guess i did not put my narrative the rt way..
Other than the pocket money that we may get from the sale of thunders. 2 or 3 squadrons of thunders in ksa /uae would mean
A) they have deeper pockets hence upgradation can be shouldered and will thus be comparatively early
B) western avionics and equipment would be relatively easier to acquire
C) sister countries of ksa/uae like bahrain egypt will be more willing to look at thunders
D) uae / ksa are better forces than myanmar or nigeria.. Hence better on the cv for thunders
Issue with just selling couple of Dozen Jf-7 is that what $1 Million profit margin or so per AC will need to be split between CAC / PAC.The long term after sale will make no difference today or next month.

Yes Pak is no Egypt, however Pak can dole out 100k+ solders easily for KSA/UAE needs while Egypt can't. Pak can stand up another couple of Divisions if needed in short notice ( finances permitted where as Egypt can't. ) KSA and UAE has gotten zilch from Egypt in favor of doling out $10+ Billions for Rafale etc.

KSA / UAE and other Arab countries need a strong Pak, Pak just need to get over the Iran hurdle and look out for its best interests.

IMG_2665.JPG

IMG_2663.JPG

IMG_2664.JPG

The engine exhaust look like su-30 from the size one that came down iok

Back
Top Bottom