What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

I don't know if this has been brought up but, as per Alan Warnes, the Chinese have developed a launch pylon, the Stand-alone Weapon & Fire Control System (SWFCS), which can be integrated on the Russian & Western fighter jets in order to enable them to fire Chinese weapons. If the system is effective it could mean a lot for PAF as well in its potential future acquisitions. Its already been tested on Su-27.

I don't know if this has been brought up but, as per Alan Warnes, the Chinese have developed a launch pylon, the Stand-alone Weapon & Fire Control System (SWFCS), which can be integrated on the Russian & Western fighter jets in order to enable them to fire Chinese weapons. If the system is effective it could mean a lot for PAF as well in its potential future acquisitions. Its already been tested on Su-27.
Daniyal u mean we integrate them in F16 or mirages or future western platforms?

IMG_2634.JPG

The wireless remote basically means, in theory, you could pair this to the F-16s (to fire Ra'ad and REK), but then remove them when someone checks. It takes care of the stand-off/air-to-surface strike issue for most platforms, but I don't think it'll do much for radar-guided AAMs or AShMs unless the targeting info is passed by a third-party platform, e.g., AEW&C or (if we want to push it) a radar in a pod.

@Aasimkhan

Your quote " In the end it is the man behind the gun who matters. Result of the battle will be decided by the ones who are ready to go the extra mile "---.

I am surprised that you are so illiterate about modern warfare and modern weapons---.

Modern weapons have artificial intelligence---. The artificial intelligence will compensate for any shortcomings of the pilot---. A pilot of a modern aircraft is a vary capable pilot by default---.

Enemy pilots have more experience on their SU30's and M2K's---than pakistani pilots have on their JF17's---.

So forget about the myth about the man behind the machine---it is only to please the pakistani fanboys---.

To think that the enemy is a fool and his pilots inferior make you the enemy of your motherland---.

@MastanKhan sb..
I have gr8 respect for you and your lust for knowledge and education in a field that is not your profession but your hobby or obsession..
But its a humble request to tone down your rhetoric and the way you write your posts. One is cringed to read posts where another fellow member is belittled or called out for his remark, understanding or way of expression.
Think of others as juniors, development in progress or students. Why are you always volatile sir... Why put off the naive and the beginners. I urge you that if you think you know much then kindly share the knowledge without derogatory remarks. Its disturbing to say the least.
Good day sir

@MastanKhan sb..
I have gr8 respect for you and your lust for knowledge and education in a field that is not your profession but your hobby or obsession..
But its a humble request to tone down your rhetoric and the way you write your posts. One is cringed to read posts where another fellow member is belittled or called out for his remark, understanding or way of expression.
Think of others as juniors, development in progress or students. Why are you always volatile sir... Why put off the naive and the beginners. I urge you that if you think you know much then kindly share the knowledge without derogatory remarks. Its disturbing to say the least.
Good day sir

Hi,

When all posters are singing the same tune of "man behind the machine " mantra---they need to be given a wake up call---.

This is my 13th + year on this forum---and I have been writing about this B S of man behind the machine for that much time here---.

Is there a some kind of learning disability that young pakistanis are born with or are they eternally illiterate of learning---. Have they no concept how AI has taken over the technology---where machies do most of the owrk for the " man behind the machine " to compensate for much of the short comings---.

You must re-asses your views---. Pakistanis never learn with kind words---.

Sir, if you are on a crusade against slow learners then probably this aint the right forum or dare i say decorum. Why are you hell bent on proving them wrong and hammering in what you think is right, which infact may actually be right. Why do you think it is your duty or obligation to hammer in your point of view (which again is probably right).
If someone does not want to learn via the easy way even after a few reminders, let him be as eventually he will come around in time. If 13 years didnt dent the knowledge learning curve, if it hasnt led to a spike then trust me 30 more won't make a difference either as its simply not working. Having said that please let me say it again that i have nothing but utmost respect for your insatiable and resolute thirst for knowledge as this is getting rarer now. You have a knack of remebering everything as per ur profession or observations as i believe it helps you to remmeber it and then reproduce it later as well. But having said that i would like to admit that i do like to read naive comments and comments which are baffling to say the least as they also help me to reallign my thought process as well. Thats the learning curve or process of majority of us out here.

What i am afraid off and what i guess will definitely happen over time is that the standard of posting and expressing one's views will go down which will itself bring down learning , ingenuity and will gradually put off members who actually know something... Not only from this forum but dare i say from this forum because of yourself and your unyielding quest to educate all.

Think about it sir, what you have in your hand is not a whip or a hammer.... its a 2 edge sword and the forum will eventually bleed along with the stiff-necked, bruished or lacerated colleagues of mine.

Good day sir
Hi,

When all posters are singing the same tune of "man behind the machine " mantra---they need to be given a wake up call---.

This is my 13th + year on this forum---and I have been writing about this B S of man behind the machine for that much time here---.

Is there a some kind of learning disability that young pakistanis are born with or are they eternally illiterate of learning---. Have they no concept how AI has taken over the technology---where machies do most of the owrk for the " man behind the machine " to compensate for much of the short comings---.

@Aasimkhan

Your quote " In the end it is the man behind the gun who matters. Result of the battle will be decided by the ones who are ready to go the extra mile "---.

I am surprised that you are so illiterate about modern warfare and modern weapons---.

Modern weapons have artificial intelligence---. The artificial intelligence will compensate for any shortcomings of the pilot---. A pilot of a modern aircraft is a vary capable pilot by default---.

Enemy pilots have more experience on their SU30's and M2K's---than pakistani pilots have on their JF17's---.

So forget about the myth about the man behind the machine---it is only to please the pakistani fanboys---.

To think that the enemy is a fool and his pilots inferior make you the enemy of your motherland---.
Mr Mastan don't talk to me in general terms regarding smart weapons and artificial intelligence. Be specific tell me where SU30 and M2K is superior to our jf17. You can start from BVR regime towards WVR and staffing. Go ahead shoot

Mr 13 plus years of key board warrior there are people who have spent more than 35 years in ops rooms, those who have shot down these planes from the skies, what you have seen in the movies or heard or read in fiction books these people have done on ground with flying colurs. A person who thinks man behind the gun will be replaced is akin to an ostrich who has buried his head in the sand
Hi,

Mr Mastan don't talk to me in general terms regarding smart weapons and artificial intelligence. Be specific tell me where SU30 and M2K is superior to our jf17. You can start from BVR regime towards WVR and staffing. Go ahead shoot

Mr 13 plus years of key board warrior there are people who have spent more than 35 years in ops rooms, those who have shot down these planes from the skies, what you have seen in the movies or heard or tea books these people have done on ground with flying colurs. A person who thinks man behind the gun will be replaced is akin to an ostrich who has buried his head in the sand

Let's for a second forget about the radar, jamming capability and loiter time of the su30's and stick to the payload of both these machines. Su30 could carry a mix of 4 wvr's and and 8 bvr's. now there's a high probability that Indians won't be engaging us In a dog fight so what's left is the bvr arena - - - - - - - - -.

An Su30 gets airborne and fires a volley of 3-4 bvr's flying on a forward operating airbase near pak border cities like Lahore etc and then scoot back deep inside India - - - - - - - - - while the Thunder has the "luxury" of firing only 2 . Now tell us which aircraft's chances are high to score a hit ?

In this case your man behind the machine theory would crash somewhere in Pakistan if not already blown into pieces in the air .

Another example would be of a burger teenager armed with a Gatling gun pitched against a marine with a standard m-4 rifle - - - - - - - I won't bet a single penny on the mere jazba and training of that marine .

Back
Top Bottom