What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

brother jh 7 e is for export . you can ask chinese member we can get them giving peanuts
Jh7 as I told you brother no more in production. If you ask Chinese they would offer you other planes like J10. J10 has all the capabilities of strike, maritime strike and air interception.

brother jh 7 e is for export . you can ask chinese member we can get them giving peanuts

JH-7E doesn't exist, best bet be to buy surplus JH-7As when they become available. I will not debate with you why you shouldn't as it seems others writing hasn't made a dent in your pursuit of JH-7.

Come on guys, no need to argue here. JH-7E exist, but the decision to buy such aircraft is with Pakistan Air Force. We can't be conclusive on this matter. Just have to wait on what pans out in the end.

My understanding is JH-7 is no longer in production. Those JH-7s that are currently in service are being offered for sale after refurbishment amd these are being marketed as JH-7E. While it may be the case that there is no further production, i dont think ignoring it is good. If you dont think of it as a a2a fighter but rather a maritime and strategic strike fighter, it is still the best of all available options. With the exception of Mirage, no aircraft in PAF can currently carry RAAD or be set up for nuclear strike. Buying second hand JH-7A for pennies on the dollar (i would ask also for upgrades electronics with J-16s electronic suite esp AESA and ISRT) is an inexpensive way to help retire Mirage and maintain/augment you nuclear strike, a2g missions amd most importantly, maritime strike capacity. 2 sqn along with the No. 2 sqn operating JF-17 would be a profound upgrade for the above requirements. It buys time for a newer more advanced fighter tontake its role (Azm?).

absolutely sir. thats what i wanted to say
My understanding is JH-7 is no longer in production. Those JH-7s that are currently in service are being offered for sale after refurbishment amd these are being marketed as JH-7E. While it may be the case that there is no further production, i dont think ignoring it is good. If you dont think of it as a a2a fighter but rather a maritime and strategic strike fighter, it is still the best of all available options. With the exception of Mirage, no aircraft in PAF can currently carry RAAD or be set up for nuclear strike. Buying second hand JH-7A for pennies on the dollar (i would ask also for upgrades electronics with J-16s electronic suite esp AESA and ISRT) is an inexpensive way to help retire Mirage and maintain/augment you nuclear strike, a2g missions amd most importantly, maritime strike capacity. 2 sqn along with the No. 2 sqn operating JF-17 would be a profound upgrade for the above requirements. It buys time for a newer more advanced fighter tontake its role (Azm?).

Well one of two things could happen here.

1. Pakistan either develops technologies to make ALCM small enough, yet effective enough to be carried on Thunders. Meantime prolonging the life of Mirages with additional purchases like the ones from Egypt.

2. Pakistan marks the requirement for J-16 or Su-34 or JH-7 like missile carrier, which would eventually can fill the combat role that the Mirages fulfill currently.

In my view, presently the most likely thing to happen is the purchase of Egyptian and other countries' Mirages to maintain our Mirage fighter-bomber fleet at optimum operational readiness. Perhaps sometime in the not too distant future, Pakistan Air Force will decide on what aircraft would suitably replace the Mirage fighter-bomber role. In an ideal world, it would've been Vipers, but that's not the sort of world we live in.

Well one of two things could happen here.

1. Pakistan either develops technologies to make ALCM small enough, yet effective enough to be carried on Thunders. Meantime prolonging the life of Mirages with additional purchases like the ones from Egypt.

2. Pakistan marks the requirement for J-16 or Su-34 or JH-7 like missile carrier, which would eventually can fill the combat role that the Mirages fulfill currently.

In my view, presently the most likely thing to happen is the purchase of Egyptian and other countries' Mirages to maintain our Mirage fighter-bomber fleet at optimum operational readiness. Perhaps sometime in the not too distant future, Pakistan Air Force will decide on what aircraft would suitably replace the Mirage fighter-bomber role. In an ideal world, it would've been Vipers, but that's not the sort of world we live in.
PAF is in the mode of replacing Mirage, not adding more. They are starting to literally fall from the skies. It would be safer to get a low cost option like JH-7A which could easily soldier for another 10-15 years safely and protect your pilots while at the same time adding capability. People think because it isnt agile. It isnt worth it, but it isnt an air superiority fighter, its a missile truck. It will be as effective at long range as any other 4th gen fighter. Its range and payload are comparable to Su-30. While Mirage can carry 1 exocet and JF-17 can carry 2 C-802A, the JH-7A can carry 2 CM-400AKG AND 2-C-802A all while still carrying 2 SD-10s AND 2 WVR missiles. It could potentially carry 4 RAAD. It is the ideal low altitude strike aircraft for PAF and equipped properly would be a boon in the strike game for PAF. It will buy time for the PAF to re-equip sqn with older aircraft with JF-17 Blk 3 or AZM or whatever you select in a manner that protects your pilots while adding tremendous capacity to protect your coast for relatively cheap.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thank you for your post---. Most members on this board have no clue how important is it for one aircraft to have more than one strike missile on its pylons.

With anti missile capabilities increasing exponentially---the chance of one missile to get thru has decreased tremendously. So---when there is only that one opportunity available to make the strike---the aircraft must be loaded to the hilt---.

Last edited:
Why not go for some H-6K bombs?
20190131041428-.jpg

PAF is in the mode of replacing Mirage, not adding more. They are starting to literally fall from the skies. It would be safer to get a low cost option like JH-7A which could easily soldier for another 10-15 years safely and protect your pilots while at the same time adding capability. People think because it isnt agile. It isnt worth it, but it isnt an air superiority fighter, its a missile truck. It will be as effective at long range as any other 4th gen fighter. Its range and payload are comparable to Su-30. While Mirage can carry 1 exocet and JF-17 can carry 2 C-802A, the JH-7A can carry 2 CM-400AKG AND 2-C-802A all while still carrying 2 SD-10s. It could potentially carry 4 RAAD. It is the ideal low altitude strike aircraft for PAF and equipped properly would be a boon in the strike game for PAF. It will buy time for the PAF to re-equip sqn with older aircraft with JF-17 Blk 3 or AZM or whatever you select in a manner that protects your pilots while adding tremendous capacity to protect your coast for relatively cheap.

If a bomb truck is what's needed, I'd prefer utilizing transport aircrafts for the purpose.

If a bomb truck is what's needed, I'd prefer utilizing transport aircrafts for the purpose.

They aren't equipped with dire control radars and they are not able to defend themselves. A JH-7A can launch 4 AShM and still has 2 SD-10A and 2 PL-10 (which could be married to a HMS) and can escape at Mach 2.2. Alsonit is a low altitude fighter whereas transport AC are higher altitude and huge RCS. This is an ideal stop-gap. Dont get me wrong, the J-10 is a great aircraft and as far as multirole AC go, its no contests between the two, but a. New. J-10C likely to cost 3x as much as a refurb and upgraded JH-7A.

Why not go for some H-6K bombs?
View attachment 535993

I have made that argument countless times. I have stated numerous times that 7-8 H-6K would be a game changer for PN. They could be equipped with 6 air launched variants of Babur (which would presumably have 1000km+ of range). These would be the single most effective counter to S400. A single bomber could be 500km inside Pakistan and still launch deep strikes into India, at S400 positions and with 6 CM it would likely be able to overrun the S400 battery.

They aren't equipped with dire control radars and they are not able to defend themselves. A JH-7A can launch 4 AShM and still has 2 SD-10A and 2 PL-10 (which could be married to a HMS) and can escape at Mach 2.2. Alsonit is a low altitude fighter whereas transport AC are higher altitude and huge RCS. This is an ideal stop-gap. Dont get me wrong, the J-10 is a great aircraft and as far as multirole AC go, its no contests between the two, but a. New. J-10C likely to cost 3x as much as a refurb and upgraded JH-7A.

If a transport is to be used at all during a modern war, it must be equipped with situational awareness ( enemy planes, incoming threats), and counter measures at the very least. Now, I raise the question. What stops a transport from firing a BVR for self-protection? And why can't we have active protection against aerial threats? Armed with such capabilities, the transport becomes a flying fortress. On top of that, the range of A2G missiles should be increased such that the need for flying low is eliminated. Interestingly, the higher the plane and the faster it flies, the longer the missile's range.

Back
Top Bottom