What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

That definitely means the Thunder is getting new, uprated engines. About time, Alhumdulillah.

Or its getting lighter. BTW, i was under the impression that the speed limitation on the JF-17 is more to do with the DSI than then engine/weight itself. Afterall, even the J-10's top speed dropped from Mach 2.2 to Mach 1.8 after the DSI was placed. The F-35 (with the single most powerful jet engine) has a Top Speed of Mach 1.6, also has a DSI. I know its been discussed before, but maybe someone can shed more light?
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal Khan 777 @Oscar @MastanKhan?

Or its getting lighter. BTW, i was under the impression that the speed limitation on the JF-17 is more to do with the DSI than then engine/weight itself. I know its been discussed before, but maybe someone can shed more light?

Hi,

Speed limitations are indeed due to DSI---.

The important part is not the speed---but acceleration---. The speed in itself from 1200 mph to 1400 mph ain't gonna do anything in combat.

For fighter aircraft---it is all about acceleration---from 300 to 550 knots---.

Or its getting lighter. BTW, i was under the impression that the speed limitation on the JF-17 is more to do with the DSI than then engine/weight itself. Afterall, even the J-10's top speed dropped from Mach 2.2 to Mach 1.8 after the DSI was placed. The F-35 (with the single most powerful jet engine) has a Top Speed of Mach 1.6, also has a DSI. I know its been discussed before, but maybe someone can shed more light?
Since DSI is not a moving part(cannot adapt or change) it is kept limited to a certain performance parameters or in this case a Mach number and compression flow optimized around that.(the original test DSI on the F-16 was good to Mach 2 but not the most efficient flow manager)

Since modern combat aircraft VERY RARELY exceed Mach 1.5 in countless scenarios seen in the past 30 years; the limit is well thought out and works well.

49895807_2402866709741113_2531916799046320128_n.jpg

yes am grade 10 kid . what do you want you want to ask ?
Thanks man Atleast u answered I found ur comments very weird that's why I asked. You never wrote a sentence or put ur own thought all I see was likes pics and wow, I am glad ur a real human being not an artificial intelligence Bott.
Cheer up and thanks for the answer wish u all ur best.

Thanks man Atleast u answered I found ur comments very weird that's why I asked. You never wrote a sentence or put ur own thought all I see was likes pics and wow, I am glad ur a real human being not an artificial intelligence Bott.
Cheer up and thanks for the answer wish u all ur best.
sir i dnt have time to write paragraphs. mostly i comment wow or great which are weird but these comments allow me to see the discussion and getging different point of view and help me to have a balance views and not be single sided. So my weird comments are useful to enhance my knowledge . Hope you now get my point

sir i dnt have time to write paragraphs. mostly i comment wow or great which are weird but these comments allow me to see the discussion and getging different point of view and help me to have a balance views and not be single sided. So my weird comments are useful to enhance my knowledge . Hope you now get my point
Do find the time to write a few lines and learn how to argue your point of view. It is important for your future development. Wows abd thats great do not add much to the value of the debate.
A

Back
Top Bottom