What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Qatari armed forces cheif of staff was in Pakistan today for offical visit
...and he needed 02 C-17 Globemaster III for a visit.

That's quite an entourage. Just one of those beasts is big enough to house a small Army.

I recall in my early years of flying when I used to see them practically everyday for the USAF in Bagram and Kandahar & some military Bases in Iraq.

Those P&W engines used to be so powerful that we had to close the FWD Door of our B737's just to avoid the pure thrust of those engines before taxi.

2 Qatar Airforce C-17 Globemaster at New Islamabad International Airport

Wonder why are they here and that to on New Islamabad airport rather then Nur Khan Airbase

View attachment 518799

I think PAF is holding something really secret. New Islamabad airport got construction right near the Nur khan base. Nur khan base was a joint civil and military airport. A long history of US aircrafts landing at Nur khan base with a reason of landing at Islamabad.

But now u see more longer runways, better bigger airport (i mean new Isl airport ), so US or other countries might not interrupt in Pak military affairs, like they used to at Nur Khan base)

giphy.gif

I think PAF is holding something really secret. New Islamabad airport got construction right near the Nur khan base. Nur khan base was a joint civil and military airport. A long history of US aircrafts landing at Nur khan base with a reason of landing at Islamabad.

But now u see more longer runways, better bigger airport (i mean new Isl airport ), so US or other countries might not interrupt in Pak military affairs, like they used to at Nur Khan base)
Not much of a secret when you have 02 of those beasts in town that can easily be detected by the likes of the NSA or something like flightradar24.

Commonly secret meetings require something small like a Gulfstream, LearJet, Citation etc.

...and he needed 02 C-17 Globemaster III for a visit.

That's quite an entourage. Just one of those beasts is big enough to house a small Army.

I recall in my early years of flying when I used to see them practically everyday for the USAF in Bagram and Kandahar & some military Bases in Iraq.

Those P&W engines used to be so powerful that we had to close the FWD Door of our B737's just to avoid the pure thrust of those engines before taxi.
Yes bcuz he was from air force and u know arabs they even bring there cars in it.

It was just a visit nothing more.

Bro It was just a visit nothing else

First President of Pakistan Iskander Mirza in PAF Risalpur academy at the passing out parade of his son Enver Mirza in 1950's..

46235653_1972043509542759_1434662691980443648_o.jpg

First President of Pakistan Iskander Mirza in PAF Risalpur academy at the passing out parade of his son Enver Mirza in 1950's..

46235653_1972043509542759_1434662691980443648_o.jpg
doesnt seem to be risalpur. the hills in the background appear very close to the parade ground. cherat hills are not that much close to risalpur.

C4iSR: Air

KLJ-7A AESA radar being considered for China’s J-20 fighter aircraft

Reuben F Johnson, Kiev - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

16 November 2018

The Nanjing Research Institute of Electronics Technology’s (NRIET’s) KLJ-7A active electronically scanned-array (AESA) radar is being considered for use with China’s J-20 multirole ‘fifth-generation’ fighter aircraft, a Chinese industry source has told Jane’s .

The radar, a mock-up of which was displayed by NRIET in a three-array configuration at the Airshow China 2018 on 6–11 November, is one of the options being evaluated for use on the platform, said the source, without providing further details.

The KLJ-7A is an advanced variant of the KLJ-7 (also referred to as Type 1478) X-band airborne fire-control radar (FCR) that has previously been presented in a number of different configurations.

C4iSR: Air

KLJ-7A AESA radar being considered for China’s J-20 fighter aircraft

Reuben F Johnson, Kiev - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

16 November 2018

The Nanjing Research Institute of Electronics Technology’s (NRIET’s) KLJ-7A active electronically scanned-array (AESA) radar is being considered for use with China’s J-20 multirole ‘fifth-generation’ fighter aircraft, a Chinese industry source has told Jane’s .

The radar, a mock-up of which was displayed by NRIET in a three-array configuration at the Airshow China 2018 on 6–11 November, is one of the options being evaluated for use on the platform, said the source, without providing further details.

The KLJ-7A is an advanced variant of the KLJ-7 (also referred to as Type 1478) X-band airborne fire-control radar (FCR) that has previously been presented in a number of different configurations.
What? Isnt it the same that was considered for JF-17 sir? I know it was!!
Same radar on the fight generation J-20? i doubt that.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom