What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Had a very good briefing on the PAF’s Vision air defence system. It has merged air and ground radars from USA, Europe and China into one Recognised Air and Maritime Picture (RAMP). Includes Chinese CETC ZDK-03 and Sweden’s Saab Erieye datalink feeds into one RAP.

Is there a video available?

There is no laser guided seeker in front and a bit too big and well designed for guide bombs. They are some type of cruise missiles I cannot find them in any category. But the bombs are part of JF-17 munition.

Jf-17 glide bombs have kits made in Pakistan. They are different. First thought they were som cruise missile but then som is different. So a bit confused on them.
Glide bombs r generally GPS guided so no need for laser seekers... I am also guessing because there is no visible propulsion system visible underneath for it to be a cruise missile...

Looks like Iranian Air Chief ☫ couldn't hold himself during #IDEAS2018 & leaked the news of Persian Jf17 with one of my friend.
Well, Iran is looking for replacing its outdated fleet of F5, Mig21, Mig29, F14 from Jf17 and they are aimed at placing largest export order of jf17. https://t.co/IUxdBeAXI1

Makes sense
IMG_20181128_140427.jpeg

Was told by @LeonardoDefence that no one is allowed to talk to media. Even though they have sold AW139s to Army and more recently Air Force. And they are still trying to sell M346 to PAF as a potential LIFT. I bet that wouldn’t happen at Bangalore...

Glide bombs r generally GPS guided so no need for laser seekers... I am also guessing because there is no visible propulsion system visible underneath for it to be a cruise missile...
A glide bomb is for distance, so GPS assist is pretty much necessary. However...

https://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/stormbreaker
The seeker works in three modes to provide maximum operational flexibility: millimeter wave radar to detect and track targets through weather, imaging infrared for enhanced target discrimination and semi-active laser that enables the weapon to track an airborne laser designator or one on the ground.
The Stormbreaker, used to be called Small Diameter Bomb (SDB), is a glide bomb with sensors.

GPS guidance does not provide immediate area information such as weather, target (re)location, and even battle related obscurants like smoke.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/6-71/Ch1.htm
Battlefield obscuration can be provided by artillery, mortars, smoke pots, rockets, hexachloroethane (HC) (smoke) grenades, and large area smoke generators. It is an aid in deceiving the enemy, concealing maneuver, and increasing your potential force ratios.
GPS give geo-coords guidance. Active sensors provides real time targeting information. The more precise the bomb, the smaller it can be, and the more payload per sortie.

I was surprised to hear that one of the JF-17 prototypes PT-4 is now back in Pakistan. It’s near the end of its useful life so hopefully will be preserved. Maybe at the excellent PAF Museum at Faisal. Just down the road from here.

I was surprised to hear that one of the JF-17 prototypes PT-4 is now back in Pakistan. It’s near the end of its useful life so hopefully will be preserved. Maybe at the excellent PAF Museum at Faisal. Just down the road from here.
Could you link Alan’s tweet too, it would help give context to the post.

I asked the Nigerian Air Force Commander today if he was still going to acquire the JF-17 Thunder. His response was “we are still planning to buy it.”

Air Cdre Habib also said that Block 3 JF-17s would be operational in 2021. I was told production of the Block 3s would commenced towards the end of next year. By then a decision on the radar will have been made.

Air Cdre Habib also said that Block 3 JF-17s would be operational in 2021. I was told production of the Block 3s would commenced towards the end of next year. By then a decision on the radar will have been made.

When you copy and paste other people’s tweets, make sure you give due credit. You are a senior member, you should know this.

Where is the chief 2 page interview from by Alan ??

Alan Warnes
Alan Warnes
@warnesyworld
·
Nov 26
GIDS did dummy run on the launch of their new Burraq UAV tomorrow when I hope to find out more. I’ll be working on the ⁦@AsianMilitaryReview Show Daily. There will be several Pak mil stories in there over coming days. Tomorrow’s issue includes 2 page interview with PAF CAS.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom