What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Two to three months back when new Air chief was brought in, a Paf friend of mine I formed me that 2-3 teams have been sent abroad for evaluation and study of new options. He described J10 as the most possible option to be selected.

It's just Hello or we may get EF Italy have stored them.
Discussed to death EF is expensive to operate and those of tranch 1 are seemingly expensive to update for multirole (rather than air Superiority) last high chances if sanctions more than uncle sam, you sneez here and germans will sanction you

British did uodated their tranche 1 for 5-10 million for decent a2g roles(block 5 trench 1 had same FOC as trench 2-3) There are plenty of EF lying around in every country (england, austria, spain etc)..if the price drops to sub 40m and PAF has enough money to get 60 odd than it looks to be good aircraft but just don't sneez otherwise germans will block it

Sir what about jh 7 a and j 10 c?. Can china sell us j 10 c?

Sir what about jh 7 a and j 10 c?. Can china sell us j 10 c?
Jh-7 is outdated old plateform..one wonders about j10c offering same weapons and basic tech as willcome with thunder..you want a different approach/weapon system

China willing do so but remember JF-17 BLK-3 is almost similar, except range and payloads @Maxpane
Thank you sir . Sir can i ask a question ? What is the combat radius of jf 17?

Jh-7 is outdated old plateform..one wonders about j10c offering same weapons and basic tech as willcome with thunder..you want a different approach/weapon system
So any idea sir ?

Screenshot_20180910-213740.png
This beast can fulfil all jobs like F16s. Just have to take initiative

Flow fields, vortex flow control & latency of vortex breakdown is impressive at low AoA. Just a mini F16 but overall significantly inferior to FC1.
Seems Grumman started the idea of the double delta on the F-7, if the old concept paper drawings are to be believed.

...2-3 teams have been sent abroad for evaluation and study of new options. He described J10 as the most possible option to be selected.
Okay, lets say 2-3 Teams were sent. Each Team would probably go to one country.
Now One being China, as you already mentioned the J10.
What about the other Two?
US (not a chance in hell)
France (can't affort 'em)
Sweden (can't afford those, either)
Russia (ehh, more loyal to neighbours)

What about seeking (used) F-16's from Turkey, Egypt, Jordan (again), or from the East...?

The country is begging for loans and grants to pay short term debt and folks here have a wish list ;)

Educate masses and become an economic power first and rest will follow ;)

Okay, lets say 2-3 Teams were sent. Each Team would probably go to one country.
Now One being China, as you already mentioned the J10.
What about the other Two?
US (not a chance in hell)
France (can't affort 'em)
Sweden (can't afford those, either)
Russia (ehh, more loyal to neighbours)

What about seeking (used) F-16's from Turkey, Egypt, Jordan (again), or from the East...?
Yes brother Russian also showed thier Su 35. These teams are not there just to see shows, but access the technical aspects of setting maintenance depots, training supplies of parts etc. My friend also told me one team bought Mirage engine parts from south Africa at throw away prices. Not all details he shared but specifically mentioned the J10 inspection from all aspects.

Back
Top Bottom