What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

"Yet"; things might change once a domestic engine is installed.
Hi akasa a technical Q from you although China is marketing j10a but do you think they still running the A assembly lines as what I have read and saw the pictures of B&C A lines must have been disassembled to give way for higher blocks so it doesn’t make sense until unless 5bey want to phase out A block fighters from their stock which are not even new planes
You input will be appreciated
Thank you

Hi akasa a technical Q from you although China is marketing j10a but do you think they still running the A assembly lines as what I have read and saw the pictures of B&C A lines must have been disassembled to give way for higher blocks so it doesn’t make sense until unless 5bey want to phase out A block fighters from their stock which are not even new planes
You input will be appreciated
Thank you

I don't think they would keep J-10A assembly lines if production has already stopped, although that doesn't mean they won't be able to reactivate it some time in the future.

J 10 A has been discontinued for years and around 250 to 300 J 10 B have already been Inducted, the C has now been in testing for some time. Usually China doesn't show its new gadgets to public unless basic certification is already done. The testing videos or pictures being shown of C are more symbolic than real first testing images. Product is ready and available.

Only a Musharaf type enthusiast general or Air Marshall is required to push Paf to realise its actual needs on ground. Not in papers

Mirages now belong more on 80-90 chowks and round abouts around the country than on Paf bases.

Nigeria is making progress in its JF-17 fighter jet acquisition program. The country recently signed a $184.3 million contract with Pakistan that covers the production of three PAC/CAC JF-17 Thunder fighters. The Thunder is a joint Chinese-Pakistani project aimed at reduceing Pakistan’s dependence on western firms for advanced fighters, by fielding a low-cost multi-role lightweight fighter that can host modern electronics and precision-guided weapons. The fighter jet is a single engine, lightweight, multipurpose combat aircraft that costs $20 million per unit. Nigeria earmarked about $54 billion for the JF-17 program in its 2016 and 2018 budgets.

Europe

APP87-29Kamra.jpg
APP88-29Kamra.jpg
APP89-29Kamra.jpg

:pakistan::china: now we are exporting aircrafts .
Yeah it is a good feeling, although I think Nigeria might officially be our first customer since we have suspended sale of the JF-17 to Myanmar.

Source: Morning Mail
https://morning.pk/story/11661

Q. Is Nigeria going for the conventional JF-17 (1-seater) or the JF-17B (Duel-Seater)?

Block 2 would be pointless when they have no Air-to-Air Refueling.

Nigeria is making progress in its JF-17 fighter jet acquisition program. The country recently signed a $184.3 million contract with Pakistan that covers the production of three PAC/CAC JF-17 Thunder fighters. The Thunder is a joint Chinese-Pakistani project aimed at reduceing Pakistan’s dependence on western firms for advanced fighters, by fielding a low-cost multi-role lightweight fighter that can host modern electronics and precision-guided weapons. The fighter jet is a single engine, lightweight, multipurpose combat aircraft that costs $20 million per unit. Nigeria earmarked about $54 billion for the JF-17 program in its 2016 and 2018 budgets.

Europe

Million not billion $ ;) Janes also had typo

Today three PAF's JF-17s arrived at Zhuhai (China) Airshow.

How long before would the PAF consider replacing the K-8 Karakorum Trainer?

T-50: would never be in conversation as it has a Lockheed Martin label on it.
300px-RoKAF_T-50_Golden_Eagle.jpg

YAK-130: though a sweet Trainer/Light Attack jet. But i'm not sure if we'd get the support from the Russians, considering they have strong relations with our neighbors.
300px-Yakovlev_Yak-_130_%28modify%29.jpg

L-15: now THAT would be ideal as it can also carry upto 3 tons of armament. We could produce those just as we did the K-8.
300px-Hongdu_L-15_Falcon.jpg

YAK-130: though a sweet Trainer/Light Attack jet. But i'm not sure if we'd get the support from the Russians, considering they have strong relations with our neighbors.

L-15: now THAT would be ideal as it can also carry upto 3 tons of armament. We could produce those just as we did the K-8.
Still around 10 years, by then the Turkish Hurjet could be a real option.

Still around 10 years, by then the Turkish Hurjet could be a real option.
Likeliest outcome is to build next-gen K-8s or remanufacture the existing ones with service life extension, new engines and electronics.

Back
Top Bottom