What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

but don't you really think so that they would have downloaded such big size software for just a blue print display for 3-4 seconds, and that within a song. !!!!!!
Look, anything is possible. But since this was edited by a Post Production House, its very likely that they have all these softwares available as it is.

Maybe it is 'B' version - maybe its a Block III.

Only time will tell...

Did any one find Jf-17 blk3 design clue from PAF song.
Aye watan Song by Paf, in which the aeronautical Engineer watches the computer screens displaying aircraft blue prints in PAC kamra.

Animation Looks bit familiar to f-18 in 1st screen but in second one you can see f16 and Jf-17-blk 3 with two rudders.

View attachment 514988 View attachment 514989 View attachment 514990
Hmmm! a twin engined fighter with in 2-3 yrs. I think this is not it. I do not see the benefit in a twin engined JFT with 8-10 HPs. We need a stronger engine and if need be HPs can be increased although with dual racks do we really need to throw the money and time when there is an easier option available???
A

Those are all valid concerns, but Pakistan's reliance on China (and to an extent, Europe and the US) stems from our inability to produce core systems such as gas turbines, semi-conductors, aviation grade steel, etc. We want to make radars and planes, but without mastery of the core stuff, we'll always rely on someone -- due to our lack of funding, that source is mostly China.
Sir,
Pakistan is not under any sanctions at the time being, armed forces must sit with the bureaucrats and convince them to take steps in which these problems are solved then ask the parliamentarians / politicians to pass orders implementing these agreements. There are many other sources that can offer semi-conductors, aviation grade steel etc. As far as engines are concerned Pakistan must also get in contact with British, Italians and Ukrainians as they can provide decent engines. Potentially Turkey would one day become also a potential engine exporter.

Pakistan is good at cherry picking may be some thing extraordinary comes out with limited resources from most unlikely places.

Last edited:
Pakistan Air Force Falcons in 1955
Photo Courtesy : Natasha Bukhari

45487225_1960680574012386_6403397386198056960_n.jpg

aviation grade steel,
Sir,
In my earlier reply I left this out so that proper research could be done before a reply could be given with proper facts and sources.

These days modern aircraft use mostly carbon fiber composites fused with titanium alloy. Two potential sources for high grade titanium alloy are Canada and Italy. Italy should be the ideal choice as it produce both the material in high grades. These are used for EFT wing and engine. More diversified approach could be through Canada which includes acquiring the technique to forge the Titanium alloy something they have been doing since the late 50's. (Remember the AVRO ARROW). They still have the Canadian Engine technology that was meant to power prototype 4.

To really spice up the things ask Turkey to provide access to how they make the F-35's weapons bay.

Sir,
In my earlier post I specifically quoted what are PAF's Requirements i.e Air Superiority.
In that role the Tranche 1 do not need any upgrades for the time being i.e Short term 5-10 years.
NB: This is if Project AZM is really progressing at its ideal pace, however, might not be possible.

As far as I know update 5 required wings to be strengthened (New wings) along with other modifications. The delay in its research meant costs increased but now have significantly reduced due to demands from Middle East along with Germany (which is in the process of upgrading their entire fleet along with capability to fire US made Nuclear Arsenal).

PAF would have F-16 & JF-17 available for dedicated ground strike roles with EFT's giving them Top Cover.

Remember the initial offer by BAE Systems to India for 126 aircraft was for $7 Billion which included a new production facility. This comes down to $55.5 million. These were Tranche 2 aircraft that did not include AESA radars.

The issue of USA embargoing sales by European Union once signed prior would never be accepted by the European Parliament or European Court of Justice.

You already have seen this in case of Iran.

The German Parliament can not enforce a trade embargo on deas already in effect as European Court of Justice would never tolerate retrospective effect. This can be seen with the case of Iran

Its not just money. There are other factors too.

Sir,
With due respect I would like to ask why PAF is once again going to repeat its mistakes. If PAF purchases J-10's then it will one again have a single source once F-16's are embargoed. China though a strategic partner / all weather friend / brother what ever one may call it can also act against in the time of need by saying not this time sorry.

Light weight 5th Gen PLAAF does not need nor dose PLAAN. They have already showcased J-31 as a light weight 5th Generation aircraft for export. Unfortunately no one is willing to purchase it.

The only way possible For PAF to procure 5th Gen aircraft is through Turkey provided TFX wishes to provide the single engine design and technical knowledge.
Hi I’m talking in terms of EF been supplied to KSA through uk as I have read somewhere on this forum coz of Germany we can get hold of EF as my understanding is all the consortium countries are free to make deal at their own will to sell these planes and the remaining countries whosoever is bound to supply the concerned parts and other stuff
Any info on this and thanks for your earlier reply
Thank you

1841785-image-1541518083-694-640x480.png

The air chief witnessed the aerial display of "Pride of Pakistan" JF-17 Thunder aircraft

Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan on Tuesday was in attendance for the opening ceremony of China’s Zhuhai Air Show in which “Pride of Pakistan” JF-17 Thunder aircraft also took part.

Hi I’m talking in terms of EF been supplied to KSA through uk as I have read somewhere on this forum coz of Germany we can get hold of EF as my understanding is all the consortium countries are free to make deal at their own will to sell these planes and the remaining countries whosoever is bound to supply the concerned parts and other stuff
Any info on this and thanks for your earlier reply
Thank you
Hi,
Here is what was able publicly in regards to the Eurofighter Typhoon. Britain wanted a new fighter that was second to none as USSR had showcased not just one but two highly capable fighter aircraft i.e Mig 29 and Su-27. What was offered by the USA was F-16's which were considered to be insufficient.

Hence Britain contacted her partners Italy & Germany which produced Tornado & France which produced the Jaguar.

As KSA was an operator of the Tornado hence had clearances from Germany. The problem with Germany and Sweden in regards to supply of weapons is that they can only sell to those countries that will uses them for defensive purposes and not for offensive. This is really confusing to understand as most of the weapons are offensive in nature.

In simpler term those countries that perform preemptive strikes are not allowed right of sale. This is because they did not defend themselves from an attack but became the aggressors.

Till the War with ISIS and Yemen KSA was never involved directly in any conflict hence Germany did grant licencesses for the export of EFT and other stuff.

The question that comes to mind is why is the licence important from Germany?

Answer
EFT is not made completely by any of the partner countries but in parts which are then exported to England where they are finally assembled. This is the reason non of the partner nations have the technical knowledge or the expertise to make an entire EFT.
That parts that are manufactured in Germany need to comply the licence requirements before they can be approved for any sale.

. The Block II variant is expected to be followed by the much improved Block III, which might feature a more powerful engine (WS-13E or RD-33K? 9,000kg class), a new AESA radar developed by NETRI/14th Institute (KLJ-7A, range 170km, track 15, engage 4) or by the 607 Institute (LKF601E, air cooled), IRST, HMD, full authority digital FBW and additional types of weapons. The assembling of the first three JF-17 Block IIs (S/N 15-2xx) started at PAC in mid-2014. First flight of 15-201 took place on February 9, 2015. A total of 50 were built by the end of 2017. It is expected that all the Block I/II JF-17s will be upgraded with the KLJ-7A AESA radar.
JF-17_236a.jpg

LFK601E.jpg

ZDK-03 is serving as the airborne command & control center for the JF-17 fighter fleet currently in service with PAF. However it does not have the secure NATO datalink installed to effectively command western fighter aircraft such as American F-16. Therefore ZDK-03 operates together with Saab-2000 in a "high-low" combination in order to coordinate various Chinese and western made combat aircraft effectively. The latest news (November 2018) indicated that a new variant (KLC-7/Silk Road Eye) featuring a mechanically rotating AESA radar is being developed.- Last Updated 11/7/18
KLC-7.jpg

ZDK-03 is serving as the airborne command & control center for the JF-17 fighter fleet currently in service with PAF. However it does not have the secure NATO datalink installed to effectively command western fighter aircraft such as American F-16. Therefore ZDK-03 operates together with Saab-2000 in a "high-low" combination in order to coordinate various Chinese and western made combat aircraft effectively. The latest news (November 2018) indicated that a new variant (KLC-7/Silk Road Eye) featuring a mechanically rotating AESA radar is being developed.- Last Updated 11/7/18
View attachment 516610
Sir now we can use it for all jets ? Just explain for layman like me thanks

Air Platforms
Airshow China 2018: Wing Loong II armed reconnaissance UAV enters PLAAF service
Kelvin Wong, Zhuhai - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
08 November 2018

p1732803_main.jpg

The PLAAF has inducted the Gongji-2 MALE UAV for armed reconnaissance missions. Source: IHS Markit/Kelvin Wong
The People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) revealed at the Airshow China 2018 exhibition on 6-11 November in Zhuhai, Guangdong Province, that it has acquired the Aviation Industry Corporation of China's (AVIC's) armed reconnaissance Wing Loong II medium-altitude, long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle (MALE UAV), which is known in PLAAF service as the Gongji-2 ('Attack 2' or GJ-2).

PLAAF officials declined to provide details about the specific configuration and capabilities of the displayed GJ-2 - which bears the serial number 53130 - or the number and distribution of the type, saying only that it offers significantly longer range, endurance, and payload capacity than the previous GJ-1. They would also not disclose if the GJ-1 will eventually be phased out in favour of the newer and more capable air vehicles.

First unveiled at Airshow China 2016, the baseline Wing Loong II is developed and manufactured by Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC): an AVIC subsidiary that is also responsible for building the PLAAF's J-20 next-generation multirole fighter. The UAV was first marketed in company literature at Airshow China 2015, although it was not until the 2016 exhibition that CAC debuted a "production-ready" version of the air vehicle along with an array of compatible UAV-launched weapons.

The Wing Loong II bears a strong resemblance to General Atomics Aeronautical Systems' MQ-9 Reaper UAV as it features a low-wing monoplane slender fuselage and empennage with lifting surfaces that terminate in winglets, as well as a prominent V-tail and ventral fin. Like its US-made counterpart, each wing can incorporate up to three hardpoints for external stores.

However, the in-service GJ-2 shown at the PLAAF's static display appears to be different from the baseline air vehicle as it does not feature winglets and it was shown equipped with only two hardpoints under each wing.

Sir now we can use it for all jets ? Just explain for layman like me thanks

a link has been developed to do that. modified and improved.

Air Platforms
Airshow China 2018: Wing Loong II armed reconnaissance UAV enters PLAAF service
Kelvin Wong, Zhuhai - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
08 November 2018

p1732803_main.jpg

The PLAAF has inducted the Gongji-2 MALE UAV for armed reconnaissance missions. Source: IHS Markit/Kelvin Wong
The People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) revealed at the Airshow China 2018 exhibition on 6-11 November in Zhuhai, Guangdong Province, that it has acquired the Aviation Industry Corporation of China's (AVIC's) armed reconnaissance Wing Loong II medium-altitude, long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle (MALE UAV), which is known in PLAAF service as the Gongji-2 ('Attack 2' or GJ-2).

PLAAF officials declined to provide details about the specific configuration and capabilities of the displayed GJ-2 - which bears the serial number 53130 - or the number and distribution of the type, saying only that it offers significantly longer range, endurance, and payload capacity than the previous GJ-1. They would also not disclose if the GJ-1 will eventually be phased out in favour of the newer and more capable air vehicles.

First unveiled at Airshow China 2016, the baseline Wing Loong II is developed and manufactured by Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC): an AVIC subsidiary that is also responsible for building the PLAAF's J-20 next-generation multirole fighter. The UAV was first marketed in company literature at Airshow China 2015, although it was not until the 2016 exhibition that CAC debuted a "production-ready" version of the air vehicle along with an array of compatible UAV-launched weapons.

The Wing Loong II bears a strong resemblance to General Atomics Aeronautical Systems' MQ-9 Reaper UAV as it features a low-wing monoplane slender fuselage and empennage with lifting surfaces that terminate in winglets, as well as a prominent V-tail and ventral fin. Like its US-made counterpart, each wing can incorporate up to three hardpoints for external stores.

However, the in-service GJ-2 shown at the PLAAF's static display appears to be different from the baseline air vehicle as it does not feature winglets and it was shown equipped with only two hardpoints under each wing.

a link has been developed to do that. modified and improved.
Thank you sir

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom