What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Definitely with russian engines.

It's odd. But I haven't seen AVIC market the J-10B or J-10C, you'll only find mock-ups of the J-10A at their stalls and exhibits during events. If not J-10C, then I guess AVIC's priority is to market the JF-17 and, later on, FC-31?

Last edited:
Hi in my opinion Russian doesn’t have any objections in selling j11 or j16 to Pakistan
As china already flying them with their own engines most of the russsian objections will
Be or can be turn down by Chinese as they are getting su35 to give Russians a financial
Shoulder
Thank you

I concur with my friend. They continued to have narrow interest and completely lacked out of the box thinking. Now, as there are multiple evolutionary threats they face, they are still boxed in their mindset and refuse to acknowledge these gaps; they need a new fresh outlook - regretfully they suffer from being the initiator of ideas to implementors of ideas which is the primal failure point and now to let R&D incubators come up due to petty politics and protection of the turf... in short nothing less than traitors of their own making; the country also is to blame for holding them to high standards which was and is a fallacy. The ability to keep one step ahead is completely amiss and always the China card is there. There is no sense to own and develop further; that is exactly what my friends who were seconded over to Kamra said - they just take in but have no concept of taking it further because of the bureacratic red tape.
Mastan, in my work, we were not measured at the end of year based on how you towed the line but rather how frequently you went against the grain and came up with new ideas ... for example the algorithm for stable ultra high g manouvering using tvc that is on the a-darter. Constant challenging is required; that is regretfully my analysis of Kamra and PAC. I am very harsh in critism because that is how my senior mentors groomed our entire R&D engineering groups - never to be boxed in.

Hi,

Your truthful and harsh criticism is very " UN PAKISTANI "---.

Pakistanis would lie thru their teeth to not be embarrassed by their failures---.

Everything failure has an excuse---and there is an excuse for the incompetent leadership.

Hi in my opinion Russian doesn’t have any objections in selling j11 or j16 to Pakistan
As china already flying them with their own engines most of the russsian objections will
Be or can be turn down by Chinese as they are getting su35 to give Russians a financial
Shoulder
Thank you
China has to consider the relationship with Russia.

Pk wants russia to contribute to PAF future needs.
Yep, I don't think PAF is willing to put all its eggs into one basket.
Buying fighters from the west or Russia is a reasonable choice to PAF, I guess.

Yes, the partnership is vital. China is not going to sideline russia. Pk wants russia to contribute to PAF future needs.

You think Russian will contribute in PAF needs in upcoming future ? specially after S-400 , it would be odd to pitch Russian Fighters against Russian SAM's ..

You think Russian will contribute in PAF needs in upcoming future ? specially after S-400 , it would be odd to pitch Russian Fighters against Russian SAM's ..

Why not? Russia is selling the same weapons to both China and India

The Russians provide RD-93 engines for JF-17s. Why would they object or show concern if China sell J-11s and J-16s to Pakistan. China already sold 253 Mig-19 and 180 Mig-21 copies to Pakistan back in the 90s and the Russians didn't object or showed any concern about those deals.

Russia can always offer MIG-35 Fulcrum-E and SU-35 Flanker E as an alternative to Pakistan.

The Russians provide RD-93 engines for JF-17s. Why would they object or show concern if China sell J-11s and J-16s to Pakistan. China already sold 253 Mig-19 and 180 Mig-21 copies to Pakistan back in the 90s and the Russians didn't object or showed any concern about those deals.
When China sold J-6 and J-7, Soviet Union/Russia had stopped the production of Mig-19 and Mig-21 long ago and abandoned such light-weight fighters. They did not affect Russia's arms sales at all.

But when China chooses to export J-11 and J-16 now, they will compete directly with Russia's Su-30 and Su-35 in the international market. It will be another story.

Instead of "buying " the ac in question from China, a simple and most doable solution be to simply "lease" the ac.
It will keep both the Russians and Chinese happy.

Instead of "buying " the ac in question from China, a simple and most doable solution be to simply "lease" the ac.
It will keep both the Russians and Chinese happy.
Why not buy the fighter from Russia directly?

Back
Top Bottom