What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Sir, this aircraft will become a money pit. From spares to upgrades, the Europeans will milk us from out balls.

For top cover just pair RD-93 with Mirage 3/5 and upgrade the airframe with modern manufacturing, composites etc.

The real thing is the weapons + avionics. Now, even if we somehow acquire these, what is the guarantee that India will not be provided with codes/jammers to counter these? The knowledge for these is distributed throughout Europe and India/America/Israel have significant inroads there. All in all, a very, very bad idea.
:) now you are talking about Super Cheetah :)

Su is good but Americans r after theior arms industry with sanctions on most of buyers we should avoid that route

You think they won't sanction the RD-93 engines we buy?

:) now you are talking about Super Cheetah :)

Aaaaaahhhhh NOW everything falls into place. I have been such an idiot!!!!!!!!! Now I really, really, really hope whatever you and @Bilal Khan (Quwa) have been hinting at comes out to be true :)

So for used EFT we will have to look for T 2?
as per my understanding at least T-2 block-10 configuration but induction Rafale (with AESA radar) and Su-30 upgrade would again put us in the same situation against India which we are currently facing.
.........................................................................................

BTW @Quwa / @Bilal Khan (Quwa) and @Oscar I was thinking will it be possible to refit Tranch-1 eurofighter with Vixen AESA ....??

Irrespective of this initial development just want to know about this on technical ground ....

You think they won't sanction the RD-93 engines we buy?

Aaaaaahhhhh NOW everything falls into place. I have been such an idiot!!!!!!!!! Now I really, really, really hope whatever you and @Bilal Khan (Quwa) have been hinting at comes out to be true :)
It's small item compare to S-400 with Su s they r big ticket items avoid that Shit European option is bit expensive but trouble free.

It's small item compare to S-400 with Su s they r big ticket items avoid that Shit European option is bit expensive but trouble free.

If the Americans want to squeeze you, they just need an excuse. Nothing is big/small. If it's an arms purchase, it's an arms purchase. What do you think about AK-103, or military helis, or Pantsir? Europe, because of sanctions and leaking counter-measures to India IS NOT trouble free. Europe will DEFINITELY NOT allow you to integrate Raad. Why would we want our top of the line aircraft to be unable to perform nuclear strikes?

It should be a package of New trench3 with used as well if it's sums up 5 billion 28 to 30 new and 24 to 30 used it would be awesome.
If we can pick up the storage aircraft at a reasonable price, they would be ideal replacement for the held back Vipers and a good stop gap measure until Block-3 Thunders become operational.

They (PLAAF) already have 400+ WS-10 on various J-11 series of jets and some of J-10B/C, and recently they tested TVC version of WS-10 on i think J-10B @tps77 :angel:
WS-10 is used for J-11B/BS and J-16 in mass-production now.
There are about 100 J-10Cs in service already.(Maybe about 300 in total in plan)

Last edited:
as per my understanding at least T-2 block-10 configuration but induction Rafale (with AESA radar) and Su-30 upgrade would again put us in the same situation against India which we are currently facing.
Yes I meant with something like MLU for T. 2's
Maybe T 2's with Aesa can be bang for money?

Buying a single engine is cheaper than a western fighter aircraft package with its spare parts and sanction risks!

J-10CPAK with Russian, engine and a western BVR missile!
Nice idea :toast_sign:

Yes I meant with something like MLU for T. 2's
Maybe T 2's with Aesa can be bang for money?
Captor-E AESA is planned for Tranch-3 we can not say If and when it would be made available for earlier tranche as upgrad.

Last edited:
.........................................................................................

BTW @Quwa / @Bilal Khan (Quwa) and @Oscar I was thinking will it be possible to refit Tranch-1 eurofighter with Vixen AESA ....??

Irrespective of this initial development just want to know about this on technical ground ....
Im pretty skeptical on the news bearing fruition.
The T-1’s are very air to air focused and nothing short of remanufacturing them will make them as capable as T-3s.

Im pretty skeptical on the news bearing fruition.
The T-1’s are very air to air focused and nothing short of remanufacturing them will make them as capable as T-3s.
Interesting fact ... in 2005 the PAF actually did take a serious look at the T1. Alenia had in fact invited the PAF to watch flight trials of some T1s back then. I don't think it being "too advanced for us" had any bearing.

Rather, the T1's focus on A2A was the likely turn-off, esp. considering the bevy of A2G munitions the PAF bought with the F-16 Block-52+. In fact, from an electronics standpoint, the Block-52+ offered comparable electronics and A2A capability as the T1, though with mature A2G (which, albeit if the US allowed, could blossom with the JASSM, JSOW, Sensor-Fuzed Munition, etc). With the T1 at the time, there weren't many non-ITAR munitions to use, so going to the US (and paying up more) would've been the case anyways.

The situation is slightly better with the T3, though much more expensive. However, if by some miracle it can be done, then the PAF can speak to Turkey to get its AAMs, AGMs and AShMs to the aircraft.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom