What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

I was guessing same we need third platform when F16 chapter is closed gir good. EF used and new fits the Bill.plus we don't need to look at Russian option no need to put hands in American Hornest net.
Long range SAMS we can look at Italy too. Third option is better than tussle between Russia and US.

Last edited:

fatman17, bro you cant be serious ??
Can't tell if @fatman17 is just pulling legs here, but for clarity, it's worth noting that the only thing the Italian Air Force can offer are Typhoon T1s. I think there are around 18~24 of them available for sale for around $60-80 m each (with remaining spare parts, etc). But keep in mind, they have limited A2G and would basically serve in the A2A role.

Last edited:
Can't tell if @fatman17 is just pulling legs here, but for clarity, it's worth noting that the only thing the Italian Air Force can offer are Typhoon T1s. I think there are around 18~24
Can they be upgraded to T3?

Nope. In fact, the T1 and T3 would basically have to be maintained as two different aircraft platforms.
So If for example Paf buys t 1 how can they'll be used?
I think maybe for AD duties or to cover mirages/jft when they are on offensive missions?

Initial discussion s have taken place. Lots of hurdles to overcome.
So thats why Nishan e Imtiaz was given

nope T-1 consist of block-2 and block-5, from T-2 new hardware standard was adopted
So for used EFT we will have to look for T 2?

Can't tell if @fatman17 is just pulling legs here, but for clarity, it's worth noting that the only thing the Italian Air Force can offer are Typhoon T1s. I think there are around 18~24 of them available for sale for around $60-80 m each (with remaining spare parts, etc). But keep in mind, they have limited A2G and would basically serve in the A2A role.
Bilal they can't be MLU s like F16s to trench 3? they r worth than SU family but should avoid Russian purchase stay away from theior tussle with America.

24 to 30 would be good numbers can replace two legacy Sqd of Mirages or F7 or we can make them as anti ship role.

So If for example Paf buys t 1 how can they'll be used?
I think maybe for AD duties or to cover mirages/jft when they are on offensive missions?
Basically. Typhoon T1s to provide top cover to Mirage ROSE and JF-17, the latter deploying SOWs.

Bilal they can't be MLU s like F16s to trench 3? But they r worth than SU family but should avoid Russian purchase stay away from theior tussle with America.
Nope. The T1 wasn't build for A2G in mind. For credible A2G/AShW the PAF would need the T3 and, the spending for that (purchasing + maintenance) is nearly $300 m per jet. Besides loans from each consortium member, we'd need a 50%+ offset (via targeted investments in the R&D that will lose out to fund a Typhoon purchase) to even have a chance at a T3 purchase these days.

Basically. Typhoon T1s to provide top cover to Mirage ROSE and JF-17, the latter deploying SOWs.

Nope. The T1 wasn't build for A2G in mind. For credible A2G/AShW the PAF would need the T3 and, the spending for that (purchasing + maintenance) is nearly $300 m per jet. Besides loans from each consortium member, we'd need a 50%+ offset (via targeted investments in the R&D that will lose out to fund a Typhoon purchase) to even have a chance at a T3 purchase these days.
We can do that by buying trench 3 in small badges? It's a good platform. Good news if it's true

Back
Top Bottom