What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Old news but not reported in local media

Pakistan Air Force delegation visiting WZL-1

On the 24th of November 2017, Military Aviation Works No. 1 had a pleasure to host the delegation of Pakistan Air Force in the head of which was General Sohail Aman. In addition to Pakistani delegates, the representatives of Polish Ministry of National Defence and Polish Armaments Group also participated in the meeting. The dialogue focused on overhaul and modernization capabilities for Pakistani Mi-171, with a particular input on adapting those helicopters to modern NVG solutions.
Sohail Aman visit to Poland (Mi-17 repair and overhaul) 24 Nov, 2017 glowne.jpg
Sohail Aman visit to Poland (Mi-17 repair and overhaul) 24 Nov, 2017 meeting013.jpg
Sohail Aman visit to Poland (Mi-17 repair and overhaul) 24 Nov, 2017 meeting026.jpg
Sohail Aman visit to Poland (Mi-17 repair and overhaul) 24 Nov, 2017 meeting035.jpg
Sohail Aman visit to Poland (Mi-17 repair and overhaul) 24 Nov, 2017 meeting055.jpg
Sohail Aman visit to Poland (Mi-17 repair and overhaul) 24 Nov, 2017 meeting095.jpg

http://www.wzl1.mil.pl/lodz/pakistan-air-force-delegation-visiting-wzl-1

Old news but not reported in local media

Pakistan Air Force delegation visiting WZL-1

On the 24th of November 2017, Military Aviation Works No. 1 had a pleasure to host the delegation of Pakistan Air Force in the head of which was General Sohail Aman. In addition to Pakistani delegates, the representatives of Polish Ministry of National Defence and Polish Armaments Group also participated in the meeting. The dialogue focused on overhaul and modernization capabilities for Pakistani Mi-171, with a particular input on adapting those helicopters to modern NVG solutions.
View attachment 483900 View attachment 483901 View attachment 483902 View attachment 483903 View attachment 483904 View attachment 483905

http://www.wzl1.mil.pl/lodz/pakistan-air-force-delegation-visiting-wzl-1
My question - why not go direct to Russia vs Poland for maintenance of Mi-17s.

My question - why not go direct to Russia vs Poland for maintenance of Mi-17s.
Actually I am surprised at this news ... as in the year 2014 we establish an overhauling facility with the collaboration of Saint Petersburg Aviation Repair Company(SPARC) in Army Aviation workshop Rawalpindi, now for what reason Air force was seeking a separate facility that too from a different source is bit difficult to comment, might be modernisation and specially about night flying capability are the intriguing factor
http://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/226683-Army-aviations-capacity-building-necessary-Army-

But one thing I would like to mention that one of our provincial government Mi-17 was sent to Russia for overhaul in 2016 or 2017 for the reason (if I am not wrong) of time saving as Army give preference to its inventory first than to entertain others entities

Last edited:
Actually I am surprised at this news ... as in the year 2014 we establish an overhauling facility with the collaboration of Saint Petersburg Aviation Repair Company(SPARC) in Army Aviation workshop Rawalpindi, now for what reason Air force was seeking a separate facility that to from a different source is bit difficult to comment, might be modernisation and specially about night flying capability are the intriguing factor
http://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/226683-Army-aviations-capacity-building-necessary-Army-

But one thing I would like to mention that one of our provincial government Mi-17 was sent to Russia for overhaul in 2016 or 2017 for the reason (if I am not wrong) of time saving as Army give preference to its inventory first than to entertain others entities
The PAF might be looking to set-up a Depot Level MRO site for the Mi-17/35 at PAC. The PAA site is likely I-Level.

Pakistan Air Force visiting WZL-1

On the 30-th of January 2018, Wojskowe Zakłady Lotnicze Nr 1 (Military Aviation Works No. 1) had a pleasure of hosting Pakistan Air Force delegation, as well as the representatives of Polska Grupa Zbrojeniowa (Polish Armaments Group). The dialogue was focused on WZL-1's capabilities in overhauling and modernizing Mi family helicopters with a particular input placed on Mi-17 and its adaptation to night operations.
Pakistan Air Force visiting WZL-1 Poland 30 Jan, 2018 98.jpg
Pakistan Air Force visiting WZL-1 Poland 30 Jan, 2018 107.jpg
Pakistan Air Force visiting WZL-1 Poland 30 Jan, 2018 129.jpg
Pakistan Air Force visiting WZL-1 Poland 30 Jan, 2018 611.jpg
Pakistan Air Force visiting WZL-1 Poland 30 Jan, 2018 711.jpg
Pakistan Air Force visiting WZL-1 Poland 30 Jan, 2018 155.jpg
Pakistan Air Force visiting WZL-1 Poland 30 Jan, 2018 1113.jpg

Pakistan Air Force visiting WZL-1 Poland 30 Jan, 2018 811.jpg

http://www.wzl1.mil.pl/lodz/pakistan-air-force-visiting-wzl-1

Actually I am surprised at this news ... as in the year 2014 we establish an overhauling facility with the collaboration of Saint Petersburg Aviation Repair Company(SPARC) in Army Aviation workshop Rawalpindi, now for what reason Air force was seeking a separate facility that too from a different source is bit difficult to comment, might be modernisation and specially about night flying capability are the intriguing factor

Just because a facility is present that doesn't mean it can repair and overhaul everything. Not every facility has the approval or knowhow to fix every part of the aircraft.
Airplanes are not like cars.

SINGAPORE AIR FORCE SELLING ALL F16 i-e bulk of 60 examples by 2028 oldest OCU variant to be retired by 2020 according to a friend who lives in Singapore.
36436151_997169837130008_4759460338250809344_n.jpg
Their is huge demand of f16 from coalition patners who don't have money.. Pakistan isn't one of those countries

Just because a facility is present that doesn't mean it can repair and overhaul everything.
that facility is specifically established for the overhaul of Mi-17 .... but your post make it look like a Facility built for a SPECIFIC purpose of Mi-17 overhaul is NOT able to perform the task for which it is built ....

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) explanation seem more logical, but than the question arise why are they not going to the same source from Russia for the D-level facility ....??

that facility is specifically established for the overhaul of Mi-17 .... but your post make it look like a Facility built for a SPECIFIC purpose of Mi-17 overhaul is NOT able to perform the task for which it is built ....

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) explanation seem more logical, but than the question arise why are they not going to the same source from Russia for the D-level facility ....??
Russia isn't easy to deal with when it comes to d-level maintenance, spare parts manufacturing, etc. Their local industry relies on providing these services.

Army is overhauling its fleet at paa facility so paf going separate way??

Or it’s just the upgrade for nvg

Last edited:

PAF does all the major maintenance on its F16 in house and yet they had to send all the aircraft to Turkey for MLU. What does that tell you?
Any mod requires supplemental type certificate, and only certain organizations are capable of performing such mods. If the facility is not certified to carry out that task then they simply can't do it, unless they want to risk voiding the warranty

PAF does all the major maintenance on its F16 in house and yet they had to send all the aircraft to Turkey for MLU. What does that tell you?
Any mod requires supplemental type certificate, and only certain organizations are capable of performing such mods. If the facility is not certified to carry out that task then they simply can't do it, unless they want to risk voiding the warranty

US did not allow pac/paf to do Mod in country and it had no option

Paf did sent a team to participate at turkey to learn some new items stated only partial of the fleet was worked in Turkey and rest at PAF Base but not sure what’s true

Even turkey had to wait for Lm to mod two models and confirm modifications as paf had different equipment like Apg-68 v9 and other versus EU mlu which had paf-66v2 etc

Out of total 45 4 were mlued at Lm in USA and 41 in turkey/local ( local mod not sure)

Actually the u.s had agreed for mlu to be carried out kamra until our "brothers" ie turkey convinced the americans other wise n hence we lost a huge opportunity.

Actually the u.s had agreed for mlu to be carried out kamra until our "brothers" ie turkey convinced the americans other wise n hence we lost a huge opportunity.

Its per official paf history, not sure where is your information based on

Paf history book clearly stated what I shared

Back
Top Bottom