What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Sir we agree, but do you have the same opinion about the J-10C that it is not a needed aircraft by the PAF ?

I think the same issue for the J-10b is true for the J-10C unless there is some dramatic change in the airframe or engine or both. It physically occupies a space between JF-17 and F-16. It isnt significantly changing PAF capability. PAF could use them in case of war with a quick transfer, but short of that, it doesn't make much sense. J-10 is a good fighter, it just doesn't bring anything new to PAF that cant be had by making more JF-17. Electronically, its equipment (or variations of it) will end up on JF-17 anyways so no advantages there.

I am not bashing any statement my friend. I just provided the statement and the statement was always there. At the moment the deal might not be there I totally agree but this deal was live and had taken place at the time so every one bashing that deal was never made is wrong. I have no knowledge of current state of deal and affairs and so does every one else here has no knowledge it is just that.

The problem is that the statement was true that 36 FC-20 Aircraft were approved for acquisition. The issue is at the time J-10A didn't meet the standards of the paf so china developed J-10b. The PAF never explicitly said which variant was FC-20, nor did it commit to buying the aircraft...but from the government perspective, the sale was approved. Following Mushy's government, there was a massive economic downturn and it seems the project was shelved given the lack of interest from PAF and lack of $$ from government. Now tje problem is much of this shelving issue is speculation given there was no deal signed and no J-10b has found its way PAF despite plenty of opportunity and time. All of this is speculation until it either shows up or doesn't. The discussion is rather pointless until them. As i said, i think PAF would be better served by having a heavy striken fighter like JH-7B with an AESA/IRST radar off J-11B/J-16, HMS and a LINK17 to allow ZDK-03 to guide its weapons.

The problem is that the statement was true that 36 FC-20 Aircraft were approved for acquisition. The issue is at the time J-10A didn't meet the standards of the paf so china developed J-10b. The PAF never explicitly said which variant was FC-20, nor did it commit to buying the aircraft...but from the government perspective, the sale was approved. Following Mushy's government, there was a massive economic downturn and it seems the project was shelved given the lack of interest from PAF and lack of $$ from government. Now tje problem is much of this shelving issue is speculation given there was no deal signed and no J-10b has found its way PAF despite plenty of opportunity and time. All of this is speculation until it either shows up or doesn't. The discussion is rather pointless until them. As i said, i think PAF would be better served by having a heavy striken fighter like JH-7B with an AESA/IRST radar off J-11B/J-16, HMS and a LINK17 to allow ZDK-03 to guide its weapons.

My friend the statement was always about J-10b with WS-10 engines when they would be developed and in 2012 there was a meeting on the possible time frame of deliveries. The suggested reports of deal being canceled only emerged in 2016 with no credible source. At that time Pakistan was not looking for procurement because Pakistan was already inducting JF-17. So the deal was made and the status is unknown. My thinking is that deal was canceled in favor of AZM or JF-17 Block 3 what ever case is but the current status of deal is unknown. Pakistan's procurement always come as a surprise. There are many things that Pakistan procure from China but never tells and one day out of a sudden Pakistan will announce that we have this capability. So I have no knowledge and I am not qualified to comment on the current status of the deal it is all speculations.

I am not bashing any statement my friend. I just provided the statement and the statement was always there. At the moment the deal might not be there I totally agree but this deal was live and had taken place at the time so every one bashing that deal was never made is wrong. I have no knowledge of current state of deal and affairs and so does every one else here has no knowledge it is just that.
I said basing.. not bashing.. you have based your knowledge on obsolete information whereas the current state of affairs is different.

I said basing.. not bashing.. you have based your knowledge on obsolete information whereas the current state of affairs is different.

Have I ever said that it is current state I said I have no knowledge of current state on the deal. I know that according to Wikipedia the deal was canceled in 2016 so if we take that info into account the deal was there till 2016 but you and I both know about the info of Wikipedia is posted by normal posters and any one can update that post. So what ever is being done no one knows but this is an evidence that there will be another platform coming to Pakistan. Now it is domestically made or foreign purchased but the deal being dragged to 2016 means Pakistan intent to include another platform. If the deal is canceled that means Pakistan has some better option than J-10 b that is why they are canceling it.

U were constatly asking for a proof thay deal was cancelled which implies that u beileve that the deal is still active and now u are changing ur stance.
Secondly,most of the people u argued here never said that the deal wasnt made infact what I and many others said that the deal has been cancelled.
And if u dont have info of current state of the deal and others try to tell u that it has been cancelled you ask for links.Bhai jan everything is not posted on the internet.

U were constatly asking for a proof thay deal was cancelled which implies that u beileve that the deal is still active and now u are changing ur stance.
Secondly,most of the people u argued here never said that the deal wasnt made infact what I and many others said that the deal has been cancelled.
And if u dont have info of current state of the deal and others try to tell u that it has been cancelled you ask for links.Bhai jan everything is not posted on the internet.
My friend I am neither denying nor accepting any thing I am just saying there is no info on deal being still in place or being canceled. In conclusion I don't know any thing about the current status of the deal. How hard is that to understand.

My friend I am neither denying nor accepting any thing I am just saying there is no info on deal being still in place or being canceled. In conclusion I don't know any thing about the current status of the deal. How hard is that to understand.
no money no honey simple

very few countries in the world can afford to maintain a large fourth gen fighter fleet

the only viable solution in current fiscal constrains are mass produced jet which is either the jf-17 or the f-16 due to existing infrastructure and training even that only used ones

now i am not saying Pakistan doesn't has money, i am saying PAF doesn't has money...
after all, how come PIA add a total liability of 450 billion rupees if we didnt had money!...
forget about the DESCOs and steel mills...

My friend the statement was always about J-10b with WS-10 engines when they would be developed and in 2012 there was a meeting on the possible time frame of deliveries. The suggested reports of deal being canceled only emerged in 2016 with no credible source. At that time Pakistan was not looking for procurement because Pakistan was already inducting JF-17. So the deal was made and the status is unknown. My thinking is that deal was canceled in favor of AZM or JF-17 Block 3 what ever case is but the current status of deal is unknown. Pakistan's procurement always come as a surprise. There are many things that Pakistan procure from China but never tells and one day out of a sudden Pakistan will announce that we have this capability. So I have no knowledge and I am not qualified to comment on the current status of the deal it is all speculations.
Bro you have all wrong information mushy government order j-10a, there was no j-10b at that time and next government (Zardari) was eat the funds of fc-20 and also those fund depleted by 2005 earthquake and there was WS-10 was in early phase of development tested on Chinese Su-27 at that time do research before you post @BHarwana since than no talks/order for either j-10a or j-10b @BHarwana :hitwall::devil::mad::angry:

Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman has underlined need to continue operational training to meet aerial warfare challenges.He said Combat Commanders School has been imparting quality operational training to future commanders which is vital for war preparedness of Pakistan Air Force. https://t.co/Ij80UQOH77
IMG_20180131_100915.jpeg

Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman has underlined need to continue operational training to meet aerial warfare challenges.He said Combat Commanders School has been imparting quality operational training to future commanders which is vital for war preparedness of Pakistan Air Force. https://t.co/Ij80UQOH77
View attachment 450866
But Sir, what about the Drones! !!!

no money no honey simple

very few countries in the world can afford to maintain a large fourth gen fighter fleet

the only viable solution in current fiscal constrains are mass produced jet which is either the jf-17 or the f-16 due to existing infrastructure and training even that only used ones

now i am not saying Pakistan doesn't has money, i am saying PAF doesn't has money...
after all, how come PIA add a total liability of 450 billion rupees if we didnt had money!...
forget about the DESCOs and steel mills...

Money has always been there for this purchase since the deal was signed. PAF always keep a kitty. and that kitty has increased ever since.

Bro you have all wrong information mushy government order j-10a, there was no j-10b at that time and next government (Zardari) was eat the funds of fc-20 and also those fund depleted by 2005 earthquake and there was WS-10 was in early phase of development tested on Chinese Su-27 at that time do research before you post @BHarwana since than no talks/order for either j-10a or j-10b @BHarwana :hitwall::devil::mad::angry:

Please stop spreading American propaganda to boost F-16 sales kindly. If Pakistan placed the order for j10a they would have been delivered because deal was live in 2016 and 2009 to 2016 is a lot of time for delivery. The funds for PAF cannot be rolled back by civil Govt so no one can do any thing Pakistani Military structure is different there is no civilian govt corruption in the procurement section get educated on Pakistan affairs first then comment.

Money has always been there for this purchase since the deal was signed. PAF always keep a kitty. and that kitty has increased ever since.

Please stop spreading American propaganda to boost F-16 sales kindly. If Pakistan placed the order for j10a they would have been delivered because deal was live in 2016 and 2009 to 2016 is a lot of time for delivery. The funds for PAF cannot be rolled back by civil Govt so no one can do any thing Pakistani Military structure is different there is no civilian govt corruption in the procurement section get educated on Pakistan affairs first then comment.
You said you only knew that the deal was live in 2013(as per your link).Now how did 2016 come in...where's the link to that?

You said you only knew that the deal was live in 2013(as per your link).Now did 2016 came in...where's the link to that?

Here my friend read in my reply to Oscar I said that this is from Wikipedia and there are some media reports about the deal in 2016 but no confirmation. In only 2013 there is firm evidence of the deal after that there is nothing on Media. I am no insider at PAF with claims I am just reading news as all of us here.

Few things to clear (This is all assessment and I could be wrong)

Deal was made for J-10b with WS-10 and AESA

The deal was perused as well till 2012 and 2013

Pakistan has a plan to buy a second platform other than JF-17

Pakistan is not interested in F-16 and Mirage 2000 any more the requirement for PAF is different. (In all the time frame there were many cheap second hand F-16 and Mirage 2000 were available but Pakistan never went for them)

Current status is unknown about the deal.

This is all I can asses from the info available.

I am no insider at PAF with claims I am just reading news as all of us here.
You said you had lots of friends at the airforce and now again your are backing off from your posts by saying this.
Not everyone here relies on internet.
Only a noob would trust wikipedia in such matters.

Come on man dont be Dr. Shahid Masood...just agree to the facts instead of changing your stance again and again. :)

You said you had lots of friends at the airforce and now again your are backing off from your posts by saying this.
Not everyone here relies on internet.
Only a noob would trust wikipedia in such matters.

Come on man dont be Dr. Shahid Masood...just agree to the facts instead of changing your stance again and again. :)
Yes I have many friends in PAF. But I also said that I can relly on them because they don't know any thing them selves only test pilots know don't quote my statements half man.

Yes only a noob will rely on Wikipedia so please read my statement again where I said that Wikipedia is updated by general public.

Dr. Shahid Masood has inside info like you. I don't have any inside info. :)

You want to be the one with inside PAF info you are most welcome to be I am not a PAF insider I am just a common Pakistani with no military ties and I an just a noob kid with access to internet. But I know how to use internet and get info which I need Mr. PAF insider.

Back
Top Bottom