What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Couple of points. The dorsal surface follows optimal aerodynamic configuration. The twin tails, thin and long wings seem to favor Low Observability. The non-conventional length to width ratio (because of very long wings) has the potential of throwing off legacy detection algorithms.

The underbelly isn't visible so can't say much. It would be interesting to know the composition in terms of materials used. Hopefully a high percentage of composites will be present.

I can't see any hard points on the wings. So payload may be completely internal. At this point, it is hard to say whether it will be armed or not, although it doesn't make sense to design only a surveillance drone.
It might be a preliminary design. If you look through the video (or other screenshots) you'll notice the staff working with other designs and concepts. I'm not sure about an internal-only payload though - the fuselage doesn't have enough width to sustain it. IMO an internal-only payload would likely result in a blended-wing delta-wing drone, unless if you're aiming for a minimal payload (e.g. Kratos Valkyrie).

IMO it kinda looks like TAI anka
In general a lot of these sub-500 kg payload MALE UAVs are inspired from the MQ-1 Predator.

I count at least 3 parallel UAV programs in Pakistan. Not sure if 3 is too many.
NDC's Burraq, AWC's Shahpar, PAF's unnamed MALE. Also I think it's too early for the PAF's MALE as these just look like crude 3d models just made for conceptual design and are very very early stages in the production life cycle. Just for comparison here's a tiny picture of the shahpar's 3D model which shows more detail
shahpar02.png

Air Platforms
Wing Loong I UAV spotted at Pakistani airbase
Gabriel Dominguez and Sean O’Connor - Jane's Defence Weekly
09 January 2018

Commercial satellite imagery captured on 24 November 2017 shows that the Pakistani military may be operating the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) Wing Loong I strike-capable, medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV).

The image shows what appears to be a single Wing Loong I in front of a hangar at the Pakistan Air Force’s (PAF’s) MM Alam airbase in Mianwali District – which is located in Pakistan’s Punjab Province – and confirms an online report published on 5 January by the Center for the Study of the Drone at Bard College in New York.

The South Asian country’s UAV programme, which got under way in 2007 with the acquisition of Leonardo Airborne and Space Systems Falco fixed-wing medium-altitude/endurance surveillance UAVs, has been expanding in recent years with the arrival and deployment of the Burraq and Shahpar unmanned aerial systems (UASs).

What if they scope out PDF for news???
That'd be freekin hilarious.
Air Platforms
Wing Loong I UAV spotted at Pakistani airbase
Gabriel Dominguez and Sean O’Connor - Jane's Defence Weekly
09 January 2018

Commercial satellite imagery captured on 24 November 2017 shows that the Pakistani military may be operating the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) Wing Loong I strike-capable, medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV).

The image shows what appears to be a single Wing Loong I in front of a hangar at the Pakistan Air Force’s (PAF’s) MM Alam airbase in Mianwali District – which is located in Pakistan’s Punjab Province – and confirms an online report published on 5 January by the Center for the Study of the Drone at Bard College in New York.

The South Asian country’s UAV programme, which got under way in 2007 with the acquisition of Leonardo Airborne and Space Systems Falco fixed-wing medium-altitude/endurance surveillance UAVs, has been expanding in recent years with the arrival and deployment of the Burraq and Shahpar unmanned aerial systems (UASs).

Man these F-16s are not being upgraded in Pakistan. This frame is of Lockhead Matin Assembly Unit. Behind aircrafts along wall USA flags are hanging.
Wish we had such Large Manufacturing & Assembly units in Pakistan. But series of big sales needed for that.

In 2013, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Sea Survival School (SSS) purchased two 4-passenger Neoteric Rescue Hovercraft for security patrol along the Korangi Creek Air Force Base shoreline in Karachi, Pakistan. The curved shoreline contains mudflats and mangroves that make it inaccessible to vehicles other than hovercraft.

Wabash.jpg

5.jpg

SSS.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom