What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

China says air force drills with Pakistan "routine", no need to overreact https://t.co/zIHOUPhNGy https://t.co/Ri5xTOKfZO
KJ-200A_62.jpeg

I watched It completely while also wasting my mobile data :p:, But It completely worth it . The Guy who was commanding the controllers of stated sqn I know him. So when the news were circulating that it was completely destroyed he always said to me that No U are wrong and I really feel happy that I was proved wrong.Apart from that This incident gave paf alot of lessons which were later implemented one by one the most important one was security of bases and installations.

I watched It completely while also wasting my mobile data :p:, But It completely worth it . The Guy who was commanding the controllers of stated sqn I know him. So when the news were circulating that it was completely destroyed he always said to me that No U are wrong and I really feel happy that I was proved wrong.Apart from that This incident gave paf alot of lessons which were later implemented one by one the most important one was security of bases and installations.
The change is visible and it trickles down from fhe chief. As to the Programme it was good for the public but I kept sying to myself "why are they skirting the issues. Give us a straight answer".
PAF has converted this setback into an opportunity. However to me still the future seems a bit vague. Whether this is intentionally being kept this way or is the case needs to be seen.
A

The change is visible and it trickles down from fhe chief. As to the Programme it was good for the public but I kept sying to myself "why are they skirting the issues. Give us a straight answer".
PAF has converted this setback into an opportunity. However to me still the future seems a bit vague. Whether this is intentionally being kept this way or is the case needs to be seen.
A

Basically, they are saying PAC has the full capability to take a proposed aerodynamic design, transform it into a structural design per international standards, and then manufacture it using aluminium alloys. In the process, they can also create the complete wiring for the aircraft. For the future, they will need to perform the following:

1. Define the threats we are facing, and the requirements which the next gen aircraft needs to fulfil in order to neutralize those threats.

2. A design phase where various aerodynamic designs are tested to find compliance with laid down requirements. Parameters such as climb rate, drag, life etc. will be calculated based on wind tunnel tests.

3. Engine needs to be finalized. A decade from now means TFX will be a reality.

4. Avionics, EW etc. need to be produced.

They haven't given us any insight into how much of these 4 capabilities we have. But given the whole approach of Aviation City, they will be looking to train local talent in these fields. There will be further acquisitions such as wind tunnels and engines. The production line for AESA radars will need to be set up.

Insha Allah, it looks achievable if we don't digress in the middle and keep the passion, funding, and efforts going.

they were talking about 2 damaged aircraft. it has been debated to death, but did they mentioned that just 2 were damaged and the theory that one was destroyed is baseless?

they were talking about 2 damaged aircraft. it has been debated to death, but did they mentioned that just 2 were damaged and the theory that one was destroyed is baseless?
We had a retired PAF officer a while back say that 2 were being repaired and one other had to be replaced entirely. Around the time he said that, the PAF imported another Saab 2000. Then in the recent MoDP report, the DGDP-A listed "Recovery of 4th AEW&C" at around $125 m. So one was a goner, but it has or will be replaced as part of a fresh order of 3 new Erieye, bringing the fleet to its originally planned force of 6.

Thanks for sharing.. Excellent work. "Zara geela ho tu yeh mitti bhi bara acha ha"
This highlights that we have people with in depth knowledge who were able to pull a seemingly impossible job. This is not your average denting and paint job on a car damaged in a road accident. The structural integrity of the airframe is vital. Furthermore a design tip that airplanes are not designed similar to the land vehicles with factor of safety whereas the airplane airframes are designed with Margin of Safety (I can explain the difference if asked) to keep the weight to a minimum. So an airplane is on leaner side and normally discarded if it gets damaged because repairing it to the level where it can fly and pass structural tests is next to impossible and the reason is that the cracks propagate at microscopic level and under extreme loads and temperatures fatigue and creep set in. Airframe of such large airplanes is mostly made of a wireframe and then skin is added on top of it.... multiple levels of complications. My objective is to highlight and appreciate their job.

Furthermore, there are great aerospace engineers working at PAF Kamra, AERO, Air University and in SUPARCO and also some in private sector like integrated dynamics. We have basic soil for undertaking the fifth gen A/C program, of course through JVs and collaborations.

Thanks for sharing.. Excellent work. "Zara geela ho tu yeh mitti bhi bara acha ha"
This highlights that we have people with in depth knowledge who were able to pull a seemingly impossible job. This is not your average denting and paint job on a car damaged in a road accident. The structural integrity of the airframe is vital. Furthermore a design tip that airplanes are not designed similar to the land vehicles with factor of safety whereas the airplane airframes are designed with Margin of Safety (I can explain the difference if asked) to keep the weight to a minimum. So an airplane is on leaner side and normally discarded if it gets damaged because repairing it to the level where it can fly and pass structural tests is next to impossible and the reason is that the cracks propagate at microscopic level and under extreme loads and temperatures fatigue and creep set in. Airframe of such large airplanes is mostly made of a wireframe and then skin is added on top of it.... multiple levels of complications. My objective is to highlight and appreciate their job.

Furthermore, there are great aerospace engineers working at PAF Kamra, AERO, Air University and in SUPARCO and also some in private sector like integrated dynamics. We have basic soil for undertaking the fifth gen A/C program, of course through JVs and collaborations.
They were coy about it, but from the footage given it seems like they built Depot level MRO for the Saab 2000. Honestly, the next step should be to revive the Saab 2000, but with new PW 150 turboprops and most of the airframe manufactured in Pakistan. I think our civil commuter market can provide decent scale for the cost of setting up, though we can add few unarmed ISR platforms to the mix too.

They were coy about it, but from the footage given it seems like they built Depot level MRO for the Saab 2000. Honestly, the next step should be to revive the Saab 2000, but with new PW 150 turboprops and most of the airframe manufactured in Pakistan. I think our civil commuter market can provide decent scale for the cost of setting up, though we can add few unarmed ISR platforms to the mix too.

Sometimes seemingly unfavourable conditions lead to very positive outcomes and perhaps this incident is one of them for PAF and Pakistan if we can capitalise on it and build from here.

:D :smitten:
:kiss3:

Back
Top Bottom