What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Nigeria has received the first five of ten of Super Mushshak trainers for its air force. The batch were received at the NAF’s 401 Flying Training School, Kaduna, and will take over from four trainers previously loaned by Pakistan last December so Nigeria could commence training pilots immediately. Other aircraftdestined for Nigeria from Pakistan include three JF-17 multi-role fighters, while 12 A-29 Super Tucanos are on order with Brazilian firm Embraer.

Hi It says the KLJ7-A AESA radar is the much improved version of the existing KLJ7 radar for JF17. It has the capability of air-air, air-sea, air-land combat, GPS mode. Its working distance, working bandwidth, ability to target multiple targets all been improved greatly.

Hope this helps, thanks

From that statement '' improved version" one can assume at least in theory std KLj-7 v2 can be upgraded to klj7A ?? By replacing transmitter/receivers and antenna so there is an upgrade package ?? Just guessing

Version means it's not a new product but product modified form

Nigeria has received the first five of ten of Super Mushshak trainers for its air force. The batch were received at the NAF’s 401 Flying Training School, Kaduna, and will take over from four trainers previously loaned by Pakistan last December so Nigeria could commence training pilots immediately. Other aircraftdestined for Nigeria from Pakistan include three JF-17 multi-role fighters, while 12 A-29 Super Tucanos are on order with Brazilian firm Embraer.

Statement about jf-17 is this your guess or something from a credible source

MiG 35 is now a must for the PAF.
A better and much more realistic option COMPARED to the others that are talked about like the Su-35 or the EFT (Latest model - Tranche 3) or even the F-16s now. Will give an extremely potent aircraft and fill in that gap between current 4th gen and the future 5th gen procurement (still will want the JFT to go beyond the 150 planes planned as of now)

Sir, the Mig program has basically fed into FC-1/JF-17 uptil now. Do you think the new RD-33 OVT engine will find its way into some block (3,4+) at some time? I personally believe that PAF should keep evolving this line of fighters, leveraging the technological advancements on the Mig line. It is slowly becoming a cash cow, establishing its worldwide market. And just like F-16 diplomacy in the past, it will give us influence around the world, and bring us closer to the Russians as well.

Mig-35 is $50mil a piece, attractive option as has newer version of same engine platform as JF-17 so maintenance will be easier. However I would prefer we wait for J-31 as it too will likely share similar engine platform with JF-17 block-3 as well as Chinese origin munitions.

Sir ji, u know well we cant get it. Better to go for J10s if necessary or else best to keep eyes on the 5th Gen program and pursue it as we did for JF17s.
As i was saying, a much more "probable" option compared to Su35 or EFT Tranche 3 etc!

J10 yes, but objection on that are of a different nature.

Also as said,
WILL WANT JFT to evolve and go beyond 150 planes. That is perhaps the best thing we can ask for.

As i was saying, a much more "probable" option compared to Su35 or EFT Tranche 3 etc!

J10 yes, but objection on that are of a different nature.

Also as said,
WILL WANT JFT to evolve and go beyond 150 planes. That is perhaps the best thing we can ask for.
Neither we will get Su35s or Typhoons. As said no need to waste money on these now, try to get 5th tech in 8-10 years. Dont know the objections of J10 but its heavy in nature, so if cant buy, get it on lease as stop gap measure.

And as for JF17, it has a limit for upgrades and load which restricts its further development. Reach 250 figure with 70 F16s and if needed which may be then get j10s and look to 5th gen.

Neither we will get Su35s or Typhoons. As said no need to waste money on these now, try to get 5th tech in 8-10 years. Dont know the objections of J10 but its heavy in nature, so if cant buy, get it on lease as stop gap measure.

And as for JF17, it has a limit for upgrades and load which restricts its further development. Reach 250 figure with 70 F16s and if needed which may be then get j10s and look to 5th gen.
There is that same old question then, 150 JF17, 70F16 and a fifth gen plane that WONT go above 70-72 planes MAX. This all adds up to 290 odd planes. No a comfortable number AT ALL!! That is why i think that JF17 SHOULD go beyond 150 planes, to 250! Those next 100 planes after Blk-III may even come as relatively expensive planes with structural modification and more expensive and better equipment to make it into a 4+ gen plane, HMD, AESA, better weapon systems, IRST/FLIR, More load carrying capability etc. These things will address two problems:
  1. Numbers will go up to 380-400 planes, much decent and comfortable place to be in
  2. The technology bridge between current 4th gen and future 5th gen will be built
This is my argument. HOWEVER, this remains personal opinion as of now. Nothing official on this matter.

There is that same old question then, 150 JF17, 70F16 and a fifth gen plane that WONT go above 70-72 planes MAX. This all adds up to 290 odd planes. No a comfortable number AT ALL!! That is why i think that JF17 SHOULD go beyond 150 planes, to 250! Those next 100 planes after Blk-III may even come as relatively expensive planes with structural modification and more expensive and better equipment to make it into a 4+ gen plane, HMD, AESA, better weapon systems, IRST/FLIR, More load carrying capability etc. These things will address two problems:
  1. Numbers will go up to 380-400 planes, much decent and comfortable place to be in
  2. The technology bridge between current 4th gen and future 5th gen will be built
This is my argument. HOWEVER, this remains personal opinion as of now. Nothing official on this matter.
I also agreed with ur argument that numbers are the problem. 150 may be not enough, so either increase them or get another plane and that is where i added J10 which will be a suitable option looking at what enemy will have in future. 70 F16s cant hold 250-300 Sukhois and Rafaels.

If one assumes one on one replacement than 2x a5 sqn 7x f7p/pg sqn and 6x mirage sqn total 16 sqn needed replacement
Last time I spoke to someone not including pg if all a5, f7 and mirage are replaced by jf than total needed was 200 plus now add pg as well a number 275-300 was mentioned, per paf latest history original contract with china was paf 150 and plaaf 100 total 250 but paf was moving ahead because they knew they will require more than 150 lastly if jf block 3 meets the requirement than no need to add additional type the only diff between j10 and jf is/ was range and load, which cannot conform but may be resolved by block 3 via cfts and we already know load has gone up as max to weight gone up

Bottom line block 3 order needs $$ not sure if confirmed plus PAC may need to cover gap between block 2 and 3 so additional block 2 in 2018 to continue production line

Any way you never know what's cooking

I also agreed with ur argument that numbers are the problem. 150 may be not enough, so either increase them or get another plane and that is where i added J10 which will be a suitable option looking at what enemy will have in future. 70 F16s cant hold 250-300 Sukhois and Rafaels.

The Thunder shall Insha Allah pay for itself through sales if we do the marketing correctly. This is argument enough to keep following the MIG technology curve for propulsion and airframe while watering down our fifth gen technology to fit it. It would be madness to kill an established product line. With numbers and quality, it will fulfill the role of homeland defence very well, Insha Allah. The fifth gen can be used for deep strikes. No need to look at SU-35 etc. Even the EFT is becoming old technology as Europeans form a new consortium for their next gen plane.

Back
Top Bottom