What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

I don't think so PAF would change all present thunders to this radar as it's new and untested yet. PAF would change only after plaaf is configured to it. And as far as buying new jets PAF is damn too slow than even India for deciding it.

although it is off-topic, but if we have budged had we not given up the enrichment route as well as processing route? what do you say?
It only would have mattered if we had been of relevance to thew US. Without it US would have found another reason to cancel the corsair deal after we had brescinded on our reprocessing plant. You need to have some staying power as a nation. Without it you would be a total walkove r for the rest of the world. I disliked Zia for his role , but admired him for his courage. He showed the US how things are done, and probably lost his life as a consequence, but things were fine with US while he was there.
A

I don't think so PAF would change all present thunders to this radar as it's new and untested yet. PAF would change only after plaaf is configured to it. And as far as buying new jets PAF is damn too slow than even India for deciding it.

In time...

Upgrading a 100+ fighters to AESA is too much of an opportunity to give up.. it completely changes the EW environment for you as well as for the enemy..

To Celebrate 50 Years of Mirage Services

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of its Mirage III/V fleet, the Pakistan Air Force has painted this Mirage VEF in special markings. The jet was seen by thousands on March 23 when it flew over Islamabad during the Pakistan Day celebrations. It is operated by 27 Squadron ‘Zarrars’ stationed at PAF Base Rafiqui under Central Air Command.

Serial 706 is one of two aircraft marked up to commemorate the PAF’s order for 18 Mirage IIIEPs, three Mirage IIIRPs and three Mirage IIIDPs in 1967. The other aircraft was on overhaul at PAC Kamra in late April. Alan Warnes
AWARNESMIRVEF.jpeg

Last edited:
Who ever has made this file, dont know how our F-22P Frigates look, check the frigate picture it does not belong to PN, its a PLAN 053H3 (Jiangwei II) frigate 521 Jiaxing. Really sad, wonder what kind of people are working in this branch !

View attachment 398684

And what 47mm Gun ? We have 37 mm AA guns !

View attachment 398685

And we made fun of Indians showing JF17 in their promotion. "What goes around comes around."

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has launched a process to procure an additional three Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C airborne early warning and control aircraft.

According to airforcesmonthly.com, the Pakistan Air Force’s Marshal Sohail Aman said that that first aircraft will be delivered in December and the remaining pair will arrive next year.

They will boost the PAF’s AEW&C fleet, which is currently made up of three Erieyes serving 3 Squadron and four ZDK-03s with 4 Squadron.

The Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C system provides Airborne Early Warning & Control and the rapid performance required to make the right decisions.

The aircraft, fully equipped for airborne early warning and control, can also be used for national security missions, border control, airborne command and control, disaster management coordination and for emergency air traffic control.

Saab issued a press release on May 15 announcing that it had signed an AEW&C contract worth SEK 1.35bn (£120m), with deliveries being made from 2017 until 2020.
IMG_20170523_163420.jpeg

Per article in AFM on Greek erieye the ground moving mode were suppressed to avoid af and army conflict so if needed can be turned on ofcourse at a price ;)

It may not be jstar equivalent but it does exists

I was just getting curious about SSW size. What PAF visions it's size to be I can't exactly remember but I think I read some where or listen that PAF wants SSW size to be 5000 to 6000 ?

The Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) has completed the development of an air-cooled active electronically-scanned array (AESA) radar that it will now propose as a possible solution to the Pakistan Air Force’s (PAF) JF-17 Block-III’s AESA fighter requirement. Design and development of the radar was conducted by AVIC’s 607 Institute, officially known as the China Leihua Electronic Technology Research Institute (LETRI), and have already developed the SD-10 beyond visual-range active radar-homing air-to-air missile for the PAF. The institute’s announcement on the Chinese micro-blogging site WeChat, stated that the AESA radar will help offset the internal space and power limitations of many in-service fighters, providing these aircraft with an AESA radar that is easier to integrate than liquid-cooled systems, such as the competing KLJ-7A offered by the Nanjing Research Institute of Electronics Technology (NRIET).

I was just getting curious about SSW size. What PAF visions it's size to be I can't exactly remember but I think I read some where or listen that PAF wants SSW size to be 5000 to 6000 ?
What may be the reasons for this.

Back
Top Bottom