What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Like here in this PS photo.
View attachment 400162
I hope it comes out like this, but the intake doesn't seem to have inner roots for such job, by inner roots I mean no space for routing the wires or mounting, as it's seems to just a plane body hull unlike the F-16 intake which was designed from the beginning for such a mount.

I hope it comes out like this, but the intake doesn't seem to have inner roots for such job, by inner roots I mean no space for routing the wires or mounting, as it's seems to just a plane body hull unlike the F-16 intake which was designed from the beginning for such a mount.

There was no pylon mount in tally for pods in block 5 u think it was 10 or 15 when Lm added pylon for it

Look at j10 and Jf pylon attachments will look like it

JF17 is the foundation of PAF, integrating with Arslan targeting pod make it an open platform access to both Western and Chinese precision guided munitions.

I'm look forward to the JF17BLK3.

image.jpeg

Following its first order last June, Pakistan has ordered a second batch of the ASELPOD targeting pod from Turkish defense electronics firm Aselsan. The $25 million repeat order calls for a total of 16 pods to be delivered and will be installed on Islamabad's fleet of JF-17fighters. Originally developed by Aselsan for the Turkish Air Force, the targeting pod has already been used on the F-16 and F-4E 2020 aircrafts. The pod works by marking the target with a laser while being monitored with the camera allowing for pilots to fire spot-on shots with sensitive ammunition.

I though first order was for 16 pods for 1 sqn now another order for same no of pods

PAF is a pragmatic airforce, they always try to bring out the best with limited budget. Salute to PAF.

Compared with it counterpart, spend wildly and get nothing done.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

PAF JF17 had inducted Yings III type 390 targeting pod, have similar ability of AN/AAQ-33. Same type of targeting pod had been installed on J16.

image.jpeg
J10b flyin with new generation targetin pod Yings III type 330.

I hope PAF shall hold excercise with PLAAF in a more frequently way, then China shall invite PAF to join our red flag excercise. Then PAF's pilotes have the chance to face the J20/Su35/J16/J10c.

It's very regret that PAF can't send F16BLK52 to China.

Following its first order last June, Pakistan has ordered a second batch of the ASELPOD targeting pod from Turkish defense electronics firm Aselsan. The $25 million repeat order calls for a total of 16 pods to be delivered and will be installed on Islamabad's fleet of JF-17fighters. Originally developed by Aselsan for the Turkish Air Force, the targeting pod has already been used on the F-16 and F-4E 2020 aircrafts. The pod works by marking the target with a laser while being monitored with the camera allowing for pilots to fire spot-on shots with sensitive ammunition.

What is the source of this news ? Second order ?

No pictures yet of JF with pod ??

Thoughts

As far as I can tell paf never ack having a Chinese pod only fc1 Jf has flown and integrated but paf never bought it there were Sipri claiming paf ordered it but paf never ack

JF17 is the foundation of PAF, integrating with Arslan targeting pod make it an open platform access to both Western and Chinese precision guided munitions.

I'm look forward to the JF17BLK3.

View attachment 400208
The YJ-6 is very interesting. Reminds me of the JSOW.
What is the source of this news ? Second order ?

No pictures yet of JF with pod ??

Thoughts
The Turkish Gov't's Public Disclosure Platform confirms another ASELPOD order (link).

Turkish news outlets believe it is from Pakistan.

The YJ-6 is very interesting. Reminds me of the JSOW.

The Turkish Gov't's Public Disclosure Platform confirms another ASELPOD order (link).

Turkish news outlets believe it is from Pakistan.
Yeh, looks like JSOW. You know PLAAF are quite a big fans of Western weapon than Russia ones. PAF always keep the weapon deal in low down, to paralyze their enemy.

it is conformed, another order for Alsepod placed.

Turkey’s ASELSAN announced that it had secured a $25 million contract to supply its ASELPOD targeting pod to Pakistan. The pods will be mounted on the latter’s JF-17 fighters. This is a repeat order and the first sale was signed in June last year. This round, Pakistan will procure a total of 16 pods.

http://alert5.com/2017/05/30/aselsan-secures-second-aselpod-order-from-pakistan/

Back
Top Bottom