What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Our mirages do not carry any targeting pods, thus they cannot deliver LGBs on their own unless someone else provides a laser beam to the target.

They don't even have ''Laser-spot tracking'' capability, so it's good to use Vipers with Snipers

I think PAF should look towards acquiring as many as possible T-37s from foreign countries and upgrade them for Attack purpose as they are really very useful and cheap to operate. Where as K-8 can be used for training and attack; when needed.

Cessna T-37 Tweet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Acquire as many as possible and Free Avionics from US or NATO countries.

I think PAF should look towards acquiring as many as possible T-37s from foreign countries and upgrade them for Attack purpose as they are really very useful and cheap to operate. Where as K-8 can be used for training and attack; when needed.

Acquire as many as possible and Free Avionics from US or NATO countries.

In the dark of the night, how would a Rose self-lase a target? I'm just talking about LGBs not other munitions.

My point is this.
If we use F16s like we are we can prove to the US congress the effectiveness of the F16. Remember the propoganda of our eastern neighbour that F16 cannot be used in such ops which the blind US congressmen tried to derail our MLU deal. This can also then make it easier to buy additional vipers.

BTW no 27 squadron zarrar Mirages are day/ night tactical strike capable.

My point is this.
If we use F16s like we are we can prove to the US congress the effectiveness of the F16. Remember the propoganda of our eastern neighbour that F16 cannot be used in such ops which the blind US congressmen tried to derail our MLU deal. This can also then make it easier to buy additional vipers.

It's not a concern what neighbours ''think.''

If we had other platforms capable, they sure wud have been complimenting the F-16. In that case, It wud be a sin to use excessive flight hours of F-16 so quickly just to satisfy U.S, but it's not the case.

BTW no 27 squadron zarrar Mirages are day/ night tactical strike capable.

They can fly at low level with FLIR in low light, pop-up near the target, launch H2/H4 etc and then make a run home. But no LGBs.

If we had other platforms capable, they sure wud have been complimenting the F-16. In that case, It wud be a sin to use excessive flight hours of F-16 so quickly just to satisfy U.S, but it's not the case.

They can fly at low level with FLIR in low light, pop-up near the target, launch H2/H4 etc and then make a run home. But no LGBs.

It is whether you like it or not. Indian lobby in US congress is far more influential than miniscule pak lobby and India uses it well.

This war was not of our making. Our airforce is configured to fight our eastern adversary and not the type of ops we are conducting now. It has done a hell of a job of adjusting its tactics and inducting weapons and sensors with the meagre resources at hand. Making sweeping statements and playing Monday morning quarterback is all too easy.

@fatman17 janab, We were discussing something else and my point was IF we had something else with capability, it sure wud've shared the workload with ef sola and then PAF wudn't have put all the stress on sola considering their long-term employment and unsure future with U.S.

Pakistan shows interest in Russia's Yak-130 trainer aircraftTraining and combat military aircraft Yak-130, presented at the International Airshow Singapore Airshow, on the territory of exhibition center "Changi". Source: Marina Lystseva/TASS

Parties have already held preliminary talks, according to reports.

August 26, 2015

Pakistan could become the fourth country to operate the Yak-130 combat trainer aircraft, the website Defenseworld.net has reported, saying that Islamabad has expressed an interest in the aircraft. The website claims that the parties have already held preliminary talks.

Industry sources told defenseworld.net that Pakistan Air Force officials have been talking to executives from Rosoboronexport and Irkut.

According to the report, the Pakistani side has evaluated the flight performance of the Yak-130 and noted “its unique feature of mimicking the flying characteristics of a number of fighter aircraft such as the F-16 and JF-17, which will make the task of transiting from a trainer to a fighter a lot easy for pilots.”

The Yak-130 is designed for training flying school cadets in piloting skills and combat engagements against ground and air targets specific to fourth- and fifth-generation aircraft.

For a training flight, the aircraft can be programmed to suit different weather conditions and take into account the specific type of aircraft for which the pilot is trained – from the Russian Su-30 to the US F-35 and the French Rafale.

Pakistan’s acquisition of the Yak-130 would be the second purchase the country has made of Russian aircraft. In 2014, Russia lifted its arms embargo against Pakistan, and a contract for the supply of four Mi-35M transport and attack helicopters was concluded.

Attachments

• 1440657223882.jpg
    1440657223882.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 1440657236756.jpg
    1440657236756.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 140
@fatman17 janab, We were discussing something else and my point was IF we had something else with capability, it sure wud've shared the workload with ef sola and then PAF wudn't have put all the stress on sola considering their long-term employment and unsure future with U.S.

Sirjee exactly what I'm trying to say also. It's difficult to change horses in midstream. If they get the Yak 130 it would certainly take the load off the ef sola. Drones would be an additional advantage especially in Shawal valley.
Cheers and please don't mind

Modi govt's 'Mission Encircle and Isolate Pakistan.

Sirjee exactly what I'm trying to say also. It's difficult to change horses in midstream. If they get the Yak 130 it would certainly take the load off the ef sola. Drones would be an additional advantage especially in Shawal valley.
Cheers and please don't mind

There's no reason to mind at all.

But my point wasn't that we shud start using Mirage now or whatever you meant by ''changing horses in midstream''

Argument started when we said Mirages can't deliver LGBs and you countered by saying they are Precision Strike Capable. True, but both are different things hence I said if both were same, we wud've used Mirage from the start. Even ef-solas couldn't support B.o.G during night, before Snipers.

Last edited:
The Yak-130’s multi-mission capabilities in training, air policing, and counterinsurgency make it an attractive option for some customers beyond Russia.

The Yak-130’s multi-mission capabilities in training, air policing, and counterinsurgency make it an attractive option for some customers beyond Russia.
So is this interest genuine or is it another wishlist "beyond the reach of my pockets" item. I know that the item has cropped up multiple times in previous debates on CAS. BUT beyoñd the talibans do they have any other utility beyond being training aircrafts. Response would be appreciated.
Regards.
Araz

Back
Top Bottom