What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Did any of you bought the book Pakistan Air force 1998-2008. I wonder how it is.

I looked for it everywhere in Karachi, but didn't find it. The guys at Liberty Books told me that they'll have it in a month, so I've decided against ordering online for the time being. It should be awesome.

I looked for it everywhere in Karachi, but didn't find it. The guys at Liberty Books told me that they'll have it in a month, so I've decided against ordering online for the time being. It should be awesome.

its in its 3rd printing run - thats why the delay - i waited 1-month for it to be delivered (on-line order)

something new in it that has not been under discussion here??
i mean something about the AWACS, JF17 or the J10 projects??

regards!

If the book has lots of information about aircrafts, weapons, etc.. I will surely buy. What about information on squadrons, structure, etc.?

If the book has lots of information about aircrafts, weapons, etc.. I will surely buy. What about information on squadrons, structure, etc.?

I got mine in June. Plenty of pictures and this time in colour vs B&W in the older books. If you have read the previous two "Story of the PAF" books, you will find the book similar. Updates on all of the PAF sqns since where the previous one left off. Quite a bit of news on upgrade plans. One thing to keep in mind is that if you have been reading the very many AFM articles written by Alan Warnes, you will see the text being lifted from the articles into the new book. I have pretty much all of the AFMs whenever there has been a PAF article in it by Alan Warnes. He has used a bit of the content from his AFM articles in the book. But there is considerable new material as well.

Pictures are fresh. Some have been seen on the web already, most have not. I bought the book because it really is a nice book for one's collection.

Anything about JF-17 that we do not know already?

The book is split up into chapters like the "Western Fighters", "Chinese Fighters" etc. etc. However there is an entire chapter on JF-17 which actually puts all of the various pieces of information that we have read over the years in one place inside of a single book.

Some of the close up shots, specially the back cover shot is amazing frontal view of the JF-17. The aircraft really looks splendid. The other nice thing is the various air-to-air shots of various platforms. I really liked one of a Mirage IIID spitting out flares.

Read in the October issue of AFM

SWEDISH STUNNER
Jan Jorgensen examines the evolution of the Saab MFI-15 Safari/17 Supporter and Alan Warnes looks at its Pakistani derivative, the Mushshak.

SIX OF THE BEST: TOP SIX FIGHTERS
Robert F Dorr selects his personal top six US fighters.

Beautiful Pics, no doubt, i wish there were more like these, i don't have the book in question but i'd like to ask those who have, is there anything specifically new about PAFs future plans?

Back
Top Bottom