What's new

Pakistan Air Force needs to replace 190 planes by 2020

If it is the case then SU-35 looks more feasible than French costly gadgets. Hopefully, as the strategy is going to be changed, may the best be in our favor.

Forget Su 35 . It is not coming to Pakistan. INDIANS were pissed off when US approved sale of just 8 f 16. Imagine what will happen if Russia gives green signal to sell SU 35 to Pakistan. Looking at the current scenario and requirements of PAF, the only fighter which suits PAF is EF Typhoon. J 10 is also a good option but it falls in the same category of F 16.

Firstly, there was no official offer from Russia to sell SU-35 to Pakistan.

Secondly, the SU-35 isn't a 5th gen fighter!

Thirdly, will it be affordable to Pakistan? A SU-35 costs $60 million a pop (Rs 600 crores PKR). Even inducting one squadron would cost a mind boggling $1 billion or more than Rs 10,000 crores PKR!

French aircraft? Which ones?
Dawn news reporting on defence related subject is very dismal
I will like to add as well that France has no 5th generation program either. and the Russian 5th generation program has Indian participation as well which pretty much negates that option. the news Item missed the obvious mention of Chinese J-31 program which shows the clueless reporting

@Tank131 @Irfan Baloch @Khafee @Viper0011.

My thinking has always been that you major weapons system should be of the capability that your enemy must think of peace overtures of some kind at some stage.

That is what the basic function of a major weapons system is---to bring peace---amongst other things.

Pakistan had the opportunity of buying the Rafale after 9/11 and they had the funds as well---also the delay in placing the order of 72 F16's did not reduce the problems either---and when the earthquake came----.

And paf---out of sheer idiocy declared openly that we do not have the money anymore---we have donated it to the earthquake cause---.

That declaration was the stupidity of the highest caliber---why do you want your enemy to know you don't have the money.

Now coming to the growler part----again the JH7B is the best available aircraft for growler type capabilites.

It can carry a heavy jammers---extra fuel tanks for very long loiter time and can carry a few BVR & WVR missiles for protection---and if possible can be equipped with buddy refueller as well.

People talk about the price of the Rafale---with the right numbers---the peace overtures would be there---so you would not have problems in economy due to sabotage by the enemy.
a slang from Tiberium wars universe springs to mind "Peace through power".

Military manoeuvres, Drills and show of force are an age old way of communicating to the opposing side to back off and stay off. showing your empty kitty to the world is bad enough but the worse one is lax and criminal attitude towards secrecy and need to know information protocols, we got these hyper active military sons and brothers in laws who are obsessed with boasting and spilling away some secret information on the first chance they get.

(about year or more ago) there was one pillock we had to ban from this forum who despite being told and hit on a head repeatedly to stop what he was doing .... kept on uploading some equipment information including the formation signs of the vehicles and gave away their location along with pictures of personnel
it was not just him but his father or brother in law who allowed him to go around the base and take pictures . he must have continued to do that on face book or instagram but we decided not to become part in that.. foujis were informed and fck knows if they took action on the breach. that is just one example that I know and it just shows the lax attitude and over all mindset of oh why bother hiding in the age of satellites and all.

re JH7B.. I agree with your idea and the concept and I like the plane but that platform needs serious upgrade. and redesign for the future. its a jet of the 70s to be honest. put an A5 next to it and you will see so many similarities.

190 planes is a lot to replace within four years. Around 48 planes per year! Is there any manufacturer , even in developed countries who can make this number of planes within a year if we place order tomorrow! Something in not adding up.

OR

Are we selling the same "chorun" that Indians have been selling to the rest of the world about their MMRCA non sense all these years. From mighty 120 odd planes requirement to now 36. And all these years, every manufacturer was bending backwards to Indian.

Pakistan security establishment and defence have no strategies and neither any options left. Pakistan survival is based on how endia reacts. If endia decides to destroy or break pakistan then it will be just a matter of decision. The reason why Pakistan security establishment helping indianstate by giving names of kashmiri jihadis to save pakistan azz from indian attack. No options for Pakistan. A very sorry situation. Endia check mate Pakistan.

Really? How? Last I checked it was IAF which was crying over its numbers. IAF and IA hold no substantive edge over Pakistan. I would admit about Navy where Pakistan has to boost her capabilities.

Really? How? Last I checked it was IAF which was crying over its numbers. IAF and IA hold no substantive edge over Pakistan. I would admit about Navy where Pakistan has to boost her capabilities.

IAF is very smart and they are trying their best by not allowing only option left.
IAF being patriotic to their state doing great by making hue and cry for those f-16s because it will be IAF and its pilots that will face consequences when countering F-16. So what PAF will be do for Pakistan.
It depends on how each individuals thinkz and how each organizations works. I will not allow my enemy to get any knife forget any planes.

do not worry f-16 and jf-17 will replace them future is only 3 type of fighters jets in paf

IAF is very smart and they are trying their best by not allowing only option left.
IAF being patriotic to their state doing great by making hue and cry for those f-16s because it will be IAF and its pilots that will face consequences when countering F-16. So what PAF will be do for Pakistan.
It depends on how each individuals thinkz and how each organizations works. I will not allow my enemy to get any knife forget any planes.

IAF is neither smart nor they have closed any significant options for PAF. Not even Rafale. Only Tejas and T-50 (FGFA) are off limits due to IAF (thankfully). PAF is in much better position than it ever was in last two decades. It is the PAF which is the smart one here. PAF makes the best out of small budget and keeps balance with IAF. This is called being smart. Until IAF buys every single jet being produced in the world, options will remain available to Pakistan.

IAF is neither smart nor they have closed any significant options for PAF. Not even Rafale. Only Tejas and T-50 (FGFA) are off limits due to IAF (thankfully). PAF is in much better position than it ever was in last two decades. It is the PAF which is the smart one here. PAF makes the best out of small budget and keeps balance with IAF. This is called being smart. Until IAF buys every single jet being produced in the world, options will remain available to Pakistan.

Can you tell me how many new platform or aircraft PAF has added in last 2 decades,so that they are in advantage to IAF.
However IAF has added 270 MKI and now adding 36 rafles and also TEJAS in LCA ,needles to mention the project of 5th gen with RUSSIA FGFA.

Pakistan security establishment and defence have no strategies and neither any options left. Pakistan survival is based on how endia reacts. If endia decides to destroy or break pakistan then it will be just a matter of decision. The reason why Pakistan security establishment helping indianstate by giving names of kashmiri jihadis to save pakistan azz from indian attack. No options for Pakistan. A very sorry situation. Endia check mate Pakistan.

u on drugs ??? or is it that ur mind's working age has expired ??????

I dont know where in the world Pakistanis live in. Bro as you mentioned above about indian fgfa and tejas, they will be very good prospect in future and we have jf-17 only which can compete tejas. But how paf counter fgfa?
Secondly IAF has approx 270 su30mki in which 1/4 of the fleet is upgraded to su 35 which apprix 40+ planes. Pakistani jf-17 will be a sitting duck against su30s. F-16 will give a fight but not too much. How Paf deals 36 Rafales?
Now coming back to your options. Bro only option will be chinese planes. Paf has no money to buy eurofighter typhoon and it wil be a foolish strategy to go for tyohoon because paf knows they cant maintain it. Russian can become a partner to us but India will not allow it. Russian economy and defense sector cant afford it. Plz understand russian problem.
Being an optimistic a must say Pakistan should go for new joint striker fighter program with Iranis and malaysian. Also Joint striker fighter program with saudis, arabs and turks.
Pakistan dont have funds but they can involve saudis and arabs to fund the program which will be a big prospect in next decade. In short term no option but to go for chinese planes and F-16.

u on drugs ??? or is it that ur mind's working age has expired ??????
plz come up with logical debate.

Can you tell me how many new platform or aircraft PAF has added in last 2 decades,so that they are in advantage to IAF.
However IAF has added 270 MKI and now adding 36 rafles and also TEJAS in LCA ,needles to mention the project of 5th gen with RUSSIA FGFA.

IAF strength declined while PAF sustained its numbers and grew in capability. PAF is far ahead from what it was at the turn of century. From zero BVR aircraft in 2000 we have now some 140 of them. Please do not bring up imaginary stuff like Tejas, Rafale and FGFA. When they are with you we will talk. OK? We have enough fire power at the moment to devastate IAF plans. Hangar Queens aka Su-30 won't cut it.

I dont know where in the world Pakistanis live in. Bro as you mentioned above about indian fgfa and tejas, they will be very good prospect in future and we have jf-17 only which can compete tejas. But how paf counter fgfa?
Secondly IAF has approx 270 su30mki in which 1/4 of the fleet is upgraded to su 35 which apprix 40+ planes. Pakistani jf-17 will be a sitting duck against su30s. F-16 will give a fight but not too much. How Paf deals 36 Rafales?
Now coming back to your options. Bro only option will be chinese planes. Paf has no money to buy eurofighter typhoon and it wil be a foolish strategy to go for tyohoon because paf knows they cant maintain it. Russian can become a partner to us but India will not allow it. Russian economy and defense sector cant afford it. Plz understand russian problem.
Being an optimistic a must say Pakistan should go for new joint striker fighter program with Iranis and malaysian. Also Joint striker fighter program with saudis, arabs and turks.
Pakistan dont have funds but they can involve saudis and arabs to fund the program which will be a big prospect in next decade. In short term no option but to go for chinese planes and F-16.

plz come up with logical debate.

F-16 is more than a match for any aircraft which IAF has at the moment. JF-17 is good to take on most of them. There is no Rafale, no FGFA, not even Tejas in IAF. There might never be except Tejas. When any of it arrives in India we will have the answer as well. There is no shortage of fund if national security is at stake. At the moment there is none. Why waste funds then?

Iran and Malaysia have no capability to build an advanced jet. Turkey is making efforts and is most advanced in this area. They lack experience and are in learning stage, however. China is improving fast. Europeans won't transfer technology but will sell. US same but with political strings. Russia no problem again.

Secondly IAF has approx 270 su30mki in which 1/4 of the fleet is upgraded to su 35 which
I was reading till reached and stopped,you don't go through the news or do you?
Half of Su 30 are not functional as they require huge maintenance which IAF is not capable not because the do not have trained crew but because of heavy cost.ust for example it takes 24,000$ to operate a f16 per hour!!!so do the math yourself it is better to have 1 working small sharp sword then 5 big blunt swords.
Rafale isn't being inducted in near future because of egypt ,Saudi arab and Qatar orders so they wont be on the map till 2023ish so yeah
FGFA is not near production because of Russia tumbling economy cannot support it,just for the comparison america spent 1 trillion for F-35 program,which russia clearly won't spent.
Tejas is the least of worries they made 8 in what how many years 15 years huh
For there rest fleet we made anza which worked flawlessly in 99 war so don't worry and sleep tight.
Get your facts right 1/4 of fleet what?Don't to drugs boy they are turning your brain into a mush.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom