What's new

Pakistan Air Force needs to replace 190 planes by 2020

Remember Pakistan will always maintain the acceleration ladder... Thats whats been said..
Sorry to be that guy but, ahem: *Escalation*.
I would take 10 Gen 5 crafts along with standoff cargo planes filled with BVR's and other stuff over 190 obsolete planes which will only be a burden on the state and the taxpayer and will become scrap metal once an actual war starts.

Numbers don't mean anything in any future war...even one gen 6 craft can run circles around 190 gen 4 crafts just by lasering them down like flies...unlimited ammo has its perks. :rolleyes:

Only when you get into a shooting war you realize that 4 gen 5 gen 6 gen don't matter. BM's will be the flying in all directions and aircraft can do jack all about it.

Until then, for skirmishes; these aircraft would do you just fine. You get to keep your pilots up to spec, unless you have spare change lying in your pocket and could do with an off the shelf purchase.

The word " project azam" is tossed around in a very callas manner.

We all need to understand that project azam is not one ac but a host of things related to air warefare....one of which h happens to be an ac.
And it does not say when the ac will see the light of the day.

Does PAF really need another 4th gen jet like the J10? when they already have F16 and JF17s.
I think time has gone for J10's, if they do purchase a jet from China then it will be a 5th gen.

Does PAF really need another 4th gen jet like the J10? when they already have F16 and JF17s.
I think time has gone for J10's, if they do purchase a jet from China then it will be a 5th gen.
No, as long as PAF can get more F-16s Block-52 or better. The requirement for F-16 class fighter is 110+ or so.

A requirment is there for 75 4.5 generation fighters that can supplement the new block 3s. J-10c is the natural choice. Comes with Pl-15, the capability to launch 2 raads (better than mirages), data-linked with the link 17/KLJ-200awacs, and a longer range AESA radar similar to the block 3s KLJ-7A.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom