What's new

Pakistan Air Force has an edge over Indian Air Force: Indian Parliamentary panel

India has already 39 squadron compare to sanction 45 of them 25 is operational compare to Pakistan air force total size is equal to the operational size of India . the report is to pressurizes govt fro more fund or speedy release of sanction fund in addition to dodge the world its massive military buildup in the region.

IAF gets a handsome yearly budget...Why do they need more money...Seem's like Rafale deal is near...
While the army’s modernization budget has almost doubled, the air force (IAF) --- traditionally the biggest spender on modernisation --- has seen funding slashed, endangering its multi-billion dollar plan to purchase 126 French Rafale medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA).

The army has gained at the cost of the equipment-intensive IAF. While the air force has again been given the lion’s share of the capital budget, its allocation has been trimmed to Rs 31,818 crore, which is Rs 4,199 crore less than the current year’s modernisation budget.

I really hope funds are released this budget(few weeks now).

not possible
funds have neither been allocated not there are any funds to release

any change in allocation will require parliamnet approval - supplymentary grants

It might be a prelude to huge budget increase for IAF in coming years. They are preparing mindset of public and politicians.

However PAF does enjoy some specific advantages. F16 are outnumbered but are superior to anything they have at the moment. PAF also has been able to complete some projects earlier than them like JF17, AEW induction, and network integration. Some other projects are also progressing well so there is some truth in the statement that PAF has edge in some areas and they know it!

F16 superior to Su30 ? not even USA makes such claims

Hi,

Its just a speculative report presented in Parliament as wake up call to speed up the acquisition process of new fighters thats all.

Any sane person wouldnt believe that a country as big as India which faces two tough rivals to go sleeping like that over the issue. I am sure they cant project their power but sure they can give a tough fight like Pakistan,
just my two cents

I think if Muslim world have also develop a fund for Pak Military then it will be great for PAF to get UAE-Qatri-Egyptian Mirage-2000s and upgrade them to a similar standards more over will be able to acquire more for spares from South America as well as from France too.
Hi,

You just sound like one of those new member who have just joined overboard.
Welcome and please take sometime educate the ground realities surrounding the topic you took the liberty to contribute.

Once again welcome and happy hunting

View attachment 178273

NEW DELHI- The strength of Indian Air Force combat fleet is down to 25 squadrons, the Parliamentary panel observed.

"With regard to the existing squadron strength, we are down to 25 squadrons today while Pakistan Air Force has 26 squadrons of operational combat fleet," the committee pointed out.

The standing committee on defence in its report observed that the national security was being compromised.

According to the committee, one of the reasons for the plight of their combatant strength in the skies is the considerable delay in procurement of various platforms.

The 33-member panel said, "Our capability in contrast to our neighbors is eroding quickly."

The committee members were concerned to know about the strategy being pursued to fill the huge gaps in sanctioned and existing trainer aircrafts.

Pakistan Air Force has an edge over Indian Air Force: Indian Parliamentary panel

if you believe this, i have a bridge over the gobi desert to sell to you.....typical indian hyperbola.

While the army’s modernization budget has almost doubled, the air force (IAF) --- traditionally the biggest spender on modernisation --- has seen funding slashed, endangering its multi-billion dollar plan to purchase 126 French Rafale medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA).

The army has gained at the cost of the equipment-intensive IAF. While the air force has again been given the lion’s share of the capital budget, its allocation has been trimmed to Rs 31,818 crore, which is Rs 4,199 crore less than the current year’s modernisation budget.

Going on the figures in the news for MMRCA, 126 Rafaels for $20 Billion( Some Sources Put it at 28-30 Billion $)spread over a time line of 5 years (starting from 2015), that is $4 Billion yearly that IAF needs for Rafales...Looking at the Budget of IAF at $5 Billion Yearly, they certainly need another $4 Billion every year to complete the deal...it might be difficult but not impossible to secure such funds.

if you believe this, i have a bridge over the gobi desert to sell to you.....typical indian hyperbola.
For a change fatman, try to go beyond the headlines and see why this lie is being peddled.

Let me correct myself
Becuz you are our archenemy
This is just in your minds. We don't even care thinking about you!! :yes4:

Defence Correspondent of ABP News is reporting that IAF has clarified that they have 34 squadrons & not 25 and the Parliamentary report is wrong.
The Parliamentary report apparently forgot to include Mig-29, Mirage-2000 and Jagur Squadrons.

@faisal6309 @Donatello @Zarvan @Junaid B @balixd @hunter_hunted
This shows competency of people who have created parliamentary report.

Back
Top Bottom