What's new

Pakistan agrees to further defence co-operation with Turkey

Good news on cooperation in some high tech fields:

- NBC protection

- Precision guided munitions

- Stealth Technology (possible future applications for JF-17?)

- Tubojet motors - Does turkey manufacture cruise missiles/naval missiles etc? If not, potentially a means to circumvent the MTCR? Locally developed.manufactured jet engines?
Turkey produce SOM cruise missile, also Som-J which will be used in f35.
Turkish kale group made turbo jet engine for SOM missile and Pakistan can also use it in its cruise missile.

Turks Seek Indigenous Engine Technology
Kale, a privately owned Turkish defense company, has said it completed the design phase of an engine it is developing for the SOM turbo-jet cruise missiles. Kale has pledged to deliver the first engine for the SOM in April 2016.

"Turkey imports each SOM engine at $150,000 to $200,000," Kale's chief technician Osman Okyay said. "Our program will end engine imports for the SOM. We will then start exporting the engine."

SOM is a next-generation high-precision cruise missile that can be launched from land, sea and air platforms. It was developed by TUBITAK SAGE, a state-run defense research and development institute. SOM was showcased in 2011 after five years of development work. It has a range of 180 to 200 kilometers.

Okyay said that upon President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's orders, Kale will develop an engine for SOM with a range of up to 1,000 kilometers. Kale's work will make the basis for the indigenous engine Turkey hopes to develop for the TF-X.

Kale is engine-maker Pratt & Whitney's Turkish partner. Last June, the two companies inaugurated a $75 million plant in Turkey for the production of critical engine parts for the F-35. Pratt & Whitney has a 51 percent share in the joint venture while the Turkish company holds the remaining 49 percent.

Would not be surprised if we see a new ALCM in Pakistan (Ra'ad II?) that borrows a lot from the SOM.

USA cruise missile programs (JSOW, SLAM, Tomahawk): USA based Teledyne and Williams International turbo-jet and turbofan motors
French Storm Shadow Cruise Missile: French Turbomeca turbojet engine
German Kept 350 Taurus Cruise Missile: Williams turbofan engine
Norway JSM/NSM cruise missiles: French microturbo tubojet engines

USA: Teledyn/Williams
Franch: Turbomeca

It seems NATO has two cruise missile engine supplier country which is powering the most effective missile systems of the World. Turkish engines are coming very serious with generating more power than What French equivalents produces !

Turkey: Kale Aero

CEOr4fHUgAAckBU.jpg:large

I know Pakistani experts underline weight issues but I have strong consideration regarding a likely cooperation for mainly Altay. Once qualification phase completed, I think Altay's performance will satisfy our Pakistani brothers' requirements.

USA cruise missile programs (JSOW, SLAM, Tomahawk): USA based Teledyne and Williams International turbo-jet and turbofan motors

It seems NATO has two cruise missile engine supplier country which is powering the most effective missile systems of the World. Turkish engines are coming very serious with generating more power than What French equivalents produces !

I know Pakistani experts underline weight issues but I have strong consideration regarding a likely cooperation for mainly Altay. Once qualification phase completed, I think Altay's performance will satisfy our Pakistani brothers' requirements.

Along with Altay , Pakistan should also consider purchasing UMTAS anti tank missiles from Turkish brothers, these would be pretty effective to counter any Indian armored thrust !!!

Turkey should work on Long Range Ballistic Missiles and also Long range cruise missiles which can be fired from Land as well as sea

wich movie this scene have been taken plz

Looks like iron man. Not a fan of action hero movies but i think this one is supposed to be really good for even people who don't like this genre.

On topic it is great to see Pakistan and Turkey cooperating. Both are developing not only their R&D but also have actual military experience of fighting wars unlike most countries in the wider middle east, where the military is basically an extended version of the police.
I also think that turkeys eastern areas are geographically similar to our north western ones (both areas where insurgencies are ongoing). We can share our experiences with each other and develop weapons more suitable for this kind of a hilly and sometimes dry terrain.

A good news. Having good terms with Turkey will benefit Pakistan. Also, in this crucial time, Pakistan needs to have good relationships with counties like Turkey.

Both countries are pretty advanced in technology in Islamic world and combining the resources and experiences can benefit a lot.

Turkey should work on Long Range Ballistic Missiles and also Long range cruise missiles which can be fired from Land as well as sea

There has an ongoing project called Gezgin aiming to develop a land/ship based cruise missile which is powered up by a turbo-fan engine+booster to reach 1000+km ranges.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom