Pak women commandos could storm madrassa

Status
Not open for further replies.

KashifAsrar

Reaction score
News Article from 16th April 2007, ToI.
Kashif

Pak women commandos could storm madrassa

Islamabad: The Pakistan government reportedly intends to deploy women commandos to launch a crackdown on a seminary housing militant girl students who have stepped up their campaign to impose Sharia law in the country backed by radical clerics.
“Pakistan government while holding negotiations with the radical clerics of the Lal Masjid that fixed a one month deadline for the government to impose Sharia law in the capital, prepared a contingency plan to launch a commando operation at the Jamia Hafsa madrassa located adjacent to the mosque,” the Daily Times quoted US intelligence reports as saying.
The madrassa, according to Lal Masjid clerics housed about 3,000 girl students, majority of them hailing from poor families of North West Frontier Province or destitute children.
Local media reports also said the government has deployed several hundred male commandos at the nearby vacant buildings. The government, however, ruled out a crackdown in the immediate future fearing the political fall out of massive casualties to burqa-clad girls, who too threatened to resist with weapons and suicide attacks.
The government, which negotiated with the clerics through the ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Q , had failed to persuade the Islamists to give up their Taliban-style campaign in the capital. PTI

Is it really possible?
I doubt it at the moment. It would be the last nail in the coffin of BUSHARRAF.
Kashif

Listen Mr,

Name calling is the cheapest thing you can do in any discussion.

He is President of Pakistan and you are no body to call him any thing except Musharaf, what if I began doing same thing with Indian leaders, I think you wont be happy if I start some good names parody for Gandhi, wont you?

Learn some manners plz.

I would really like to see this Commando assault, hopefully we get some good video's of some cat fights...

I hope it works too. The more radicals that are killed, the better. Also, by using female commandos to fight female radiclas, there will be no allegation of rape or any other sexual harrassment.

lol............. this is not occupied Kashmir where such things would happen, it is a school in Islamabad.

lol............. this is not occupied Kashmir where such things would happen, it is a school in Islamabad.

i didnt say it would happen. but when men are sent to arrest women, there are always rumours of rape, even if nothing happens.

this way there's 100% guarantee that no such allegations will arise.

yes, you are right, we dont want to handle it like what happened to "Golden temple", it would be more sensative to use women force, if it happens, but it is quite unlikely.

Mir,

Muktar Mai rings a bell.

Golden Temple, Where did you get that piece of Information?

Bro,

I got my Doctrate on Asian ethnic and religious issues.

These days I am teaching that and few got few Indian students in my classes.

Is not it batter we dont ask personal questions.

yes, you are right, we dont want to handle it like what happened to "Golden temple", it would be more sensative to use women force, if it happens, but it is quite unlikely.

What up in golden temple? It was a beautiful operation. You seem to drag India into every thread:rolleyes:

Listen Mr,

Name calling is the cheapest thing you can do in any discussion.

He is President of Pakistan and you are no body to call him any thing except Musharaf, what if I began doing same thing with Indian leaders, I think you wont be happy if I start some good names parody for Gandhi, wont you?

Learn some manners plz.

I second that! He is the President of Pakistan...lets not get down to name calling..I am sure we have a bag full with derogatory names for the other side as well. :flag:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom