What's new

Pak Taliban declares an “open war” against Pakistan

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Pak Taliban declares an “open war” against Pakistan

Islamabad, Aug 13 : The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has declared an “open war” against the Pakistan Army in response to its offensives in the tribal areas.

The TTP said that it staged a bombing that destroyed a Pakistan air force truck and killed up to 14 people, including a child.

“It is an open war between us and them,” said Pakistani Taliban spokesman Maulvi Omar.

“If these kinds of operations continue against us in Swat and in the tribal areas, we will continue this,” he added.

The blast in Peshawar escalated the conflict in a region where the new government is struggling to contain increasingly brazen militants. It dealt another blow to efforts to strike peace deals with hard-liners in the Swat Valley and other areas.

The bomb hit the air force truck as it crossed a bridge on the outskirts of Peshawar. The blast tore a big hole in the bridge deck and reduced the Mazda truck to a smouldering wreck. The site was littered with debris, blood and a mangled motorcycle.

A provincial government spokesman, Mian Iftikhar Hussain, said the explosion killed 14 people, most of them air force personnel, and wounded more than a dozen.

The bombing follows threats from Taliban militants to launch attacks on the government for military operations in the northwestern frontier region bordering Afghanistan.
(ANI)

Pak Taliban declares an “open war” against Pakistan | Top News

"Open War", but if the GoP declares a ceasefire (so they can regroup and get some respite from the pounding they are getting currently) they will stop!

Bloody Takfiris and cowards.

Lets go to war and eliminate this cancer called Talibanism from our society before it spreads to other parts. This could be a great opportunity to settle FATA issue and bring it under central rule.

Lets go to war and eliminate this cancer called Talibanism from our society before it spreads to other parts. This could be a great opportunity to settle FATA issue and bring it under central rule.

I would agree Neo - at the very least go after the TTP and all its 'chapters' and reduce it to ashes - we can deal with the other groups involved in Afghanistan far easier and from a position of strength after that.

I wonder who the JI, JU-I, PML-N and PPP will blame for this "open war" this time...probably the army(as usual).

Another bombing

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The deadly bombing of a Pakistan Air Force bus as it passed a bridge on the outskirts of Peshawar is a grim reminder of the dangers faced by members of the armed forces and law-enforcement agencies as they risk their life and limb for the war against extremism and militancy. While it is too early to lay responsibility for the attack it is likely that the extremists, active in FATA and parts of settled districts of NWFP, are behind the bombing, in retaliation presumably to the offensive against them in Bajaur Agency, where they are reported to have suffered heavy casualties. The attack also follows a recent videotape of Al Qaeda number two Ayman Al Zawahiri exhorting members of the Pakistani military to “not fight America’s dirty war against fellow Muslims”. It needs to be reiterated – especially every time such a tragedy happens – that the fight against the militants and the extremists is a fight for the very survival of the country and there can be no ifs and buts about that. The armed forces, the police and other law-enforcement and security agencies fighting this battle need the full support of the people and not a nation of Doubting Thomases.

Another bombing

---------------------------------------------------------------

And this an editorial in The News of Jang Group no less!

Now if the pretentious talking heads on Pakistani Television would also understand what is at stake, and quit being Taliban appeasers, we could really start getting the masses behind the effort.

At the end of the day though, Pakistani leaders have to sustain these operations, and show results - public approval will follow.

I guess this time PAF should be added into the equation and let them handle the issue since its the second time that they have been hit in recent times. Let PAF sort this issue out since they are being challenge directly.

I would agree Neo - at the very least go after the TTP and all its 'chapters' and reduce it to ashes - we can deal with the other groups involved in Afghanistan far easier and from a position of strength after that.

TTP is mostly made of Pakistanis, islamist hardliners and extremist militants. It won't be easy for PA to fight them without nation's support.

In order to fight them we need to convince the nation that groups like TTP or AQ judged from their actions can't be considered as muslims and real jihad is to fight them, not the infidels.

Seek support from I.O.C. to determine a pan islamic code who's a muslim and who's not, thats the only way to save ourselfs from the curse of extremism.

I'm thinking about Islamic scholars from all over the world in joined in some kind of commitee :coffee:

I guess this time PAF should be added into the equation and let them handle the issue since its the second time that they have been hit in recent times. Let PAF sort this issue out since they are being challenge directly.

that's what the taliban want. for PAF to bomb a few more villages so that the villagers turn against the pakistani armed forces.

use of air power in areas with civilians will never solve the problem. and the taliban fights from between civilians, so it'll be hard to get lanes to drop bombs on them without hurting civilians.

that's what the taliban want. for PAF to bomb a few more villages so that the villagers turn against the pakistani armed forces.

use of air power in areas with civilians will never solve the problem. and the taliban fights from between civilians, so it'll be hard to get lanes to drop bombs on them without hurting civilians.

Typically warning leaflets are dropped, advising locals to either leave or prevent militants from using their areas. Most leave, since it really isn't possible for them to stop the Taliban, who will slaughter such locals as 'spies and agents'.

This can be negated by ensuring proper facilities for those displaced while the military operations are carried out, making sure the area is cleared of militants (unlike the start, stop 'peace deal' failures), and then rebuilding the affected areas and investing more to develop and integrate them into mainstream Pakistan.

There was an opinion poll of people in FATA posted by Rabzon, and I believe over 90 percent of them were against the Taliban. That sentiment can be used once the Taliban are gone, provided the GoP invest in the region.

The tactics are not necessarily bad - where NATO has failed (referring to them since they have been using these tactics of air power for a much longer time, with little headway) is in the effort expended upon rebuilding and development. That is the pitfall Pakistan needs to avoid.

Wednesday August 13, 3:22 PM

Missiles kill 10 militants in Pakistan tribal area: official

PESHAWAR (AFP) - A suspected US missile strike on an Islamist training camp in a Pakistani tribal area bordering Afghanistan killed at least 10 militants, officials said on Wednesday.

Four missiles slammed into two buildings in the camp in Baghar village in the troubled district of South Waziristan on Tuesday night, a senior security official told AFP.

"At least 10 militants were killed in the strikes," the official said. He did not specify whether they were from the Taliban or Al-Qaeda, both of which operate in the area.

"This is their work," he said, referring to US-led coalition forces deployed across the border in Afghanistan.

In Kabul, the US military said the missiles were not fired by either NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) or the US-led coalition.

"This is not true. We have no reports of missiles being fired into Pakistan," US-led coalition spokesman Lieutenant Nathan Perry told AFP.

The US Central Intelligence Agency is also known to operate pilotless drone aircraft armed with missiles, but it was not available for comment.

The Pakistani security official said foreign militants were reported to be in the camp. Pakistani officials frequently use the term foreigners to refer to militants from Osama bin Laden's Al-Qaeda network.

"There were reports about presence of Arab, Turkmen and local militants in the two hideouts, run by a local commander, Zanjir Wazir," the official said.

It was not clear whether Wazir was in the camp when the missiles struck.

Witnesses said the missile strike destroyed two houses close to each other and rescue workers were seen removing debris amid fears that more people could be trapped inside.

Local militants cordoned off the area and journalists were not allowed access to the site. Residents said the houses were part of a militant training camp.

Al-Qaeda chemical and biological weapons expert Midhat Mursi al-Sayid Umar was killed in a similar missile strike in July.

The Egyptian, 54, also known as Abu Khabab al-Masri, had a five-million dollar bounty on his head and allegedly ran terrorist training camps in Afghanistan.

Pakistan has protested over a wave of missile strikes attributed to US-led forces in Afghanistan in recent months which have killed dozens of people.

During talks with US President George W. Bush last month, Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani called on the United States not to act "unilaterally" against Islamic militants in Pakistan.

Gilani, whose new government has been facing intense US pressure to crack down on Pakistan-based militants, said that Islamabad was committed to fighting extremists.

The government launched negotiations with the Taliban earlier this year but has since launched several military operations, including an ongoing offensive in the Bajaur tribal region which has left more than 160 people dead in a week.

If, this missile strike is from PAKARMY, thn its very good. because it is what these so called (TALIBANS) killers wanted, but if it comes from CIA , thn its really not good because! it will give them (TALIBANS) a chance to use it a propaganda against PAKARMY.
One thing, shouldbe learned from all this conflict, which is that till these all sort of attacks from CIA+ NATO+ISAF couldnt stop, it will keep giving a moral boast to CIA backed miitants. who hoodwinked themselves in the cover of ISLAM.

I was, long waiting for PAKARMY ALL OUT OPREATION against these killers of innocent MUSLIMS. i guss , its the time for PAKARMY to unleash the !!! great fire which, it posses & i would like to see missile attacks from PAKARMY plus, REGULAR TROOPS in adition with SOF opreating against these killers with no mercy.:agree:

PAF shouldbe introduced, to give these traitors a lesson!!!
as i was posting this, post.. i just got the news that a ss.. bombing just happened in LAHORE dubai chowk was the target .:tsk::disagree:

I hope the army can do its job but also that its avoids collateral damage as much as possible.

To quote MastanKhans signature the army is a broadsword and not a scalpel.

These days new phrase "Pakistan Taliban" getting coined, looks good tactics to create a divide in taliban.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom