What's new

Pak Taliban declares an “open war” against Pakistan

These morons may not be worth pitying, but think of the poor people who are caught in the midst of all this confrontation. What sins have they commited?

I believe that our battle is with the likes of TTP and Al Qaeda and it is with towards those groups that I was advocating my harsh doctrine.

I thought I had made it clear that the matter must be handled according to the laws of the land to safeguard those tribesmen who are not causing trouble or commiting acts of terrorism.

I believe that our battle is with the likes of TTP and Al Qaeda and it is with towards those groups that I was advocating my harsh doctrine.

I thought I had made it clear that the matter must be handled according to the laws of the land to safeguard those tribesmen who are not causing trouble or commiting acts of terrorism.

whilst i agree with you, seperating / segmenting the militants is becoming the issue. i had stated in a earlier post there are 3 types of dynamics playing out.

1. sectarian violence between sunnis and shias - which requires a totally different approach = talks to resolve these issues / greviances.

2. militants esp foreigners who are pushing / goading the locals to rise against the state = strong and sustained military action to weed them out and eliminate them.

3. miscreats / dacoits who are taking advantage of the situation in FATA = strong police and FC action required to arrest them.

Suspected U.S. missile strike kills 9 in Pakistan

The attack reported by local officials near the Afghan border may signal an increased U.S. campaign against Islamic insurgents. American officials deny knowledge of the strike.

By Laura King, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

August 14, 2008

ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN -- In what could herald an intensified U.S. campaign against Islamic insurgents in Pakistan's tribal areas, a suspected American missile attack killed at least nine people near the Afghan border, local officials said Wednesday.

It was not immediately known whether any senior insurgent figures were among the dead, but officials in the South Waziristan tribal region said those killed included "foreigners," often used to mean Al Qaeda operatives and commanders from outside Pakistan.

American military officials in Afghanistan and the U.S. Embassy in the Pakistani capital, Islamabad, disavowed knowledge of the strike, which tribal sources and Pakistani military officials said was carried out late Tuesday. But such attacks against Al Qaeda members and other significant militant figures by CIA-operated drones are rarely acknowledged publicly by Pakistani or American officials.

Adding to the air of crisis, a late-night suicide strike outside a police station in the eastern city of Lahore killed at least five people as crowds gathered to begin celebrating Pakistan's Independence Day today.

Los Angeles Times - News from Los Angeles, California and the World

^^^have PAF F-16s joined the WoT in the FATA?

Official: 460 militants, 22 troops die in Pakistan

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistan's top civilian security official has vowed to "wipe out" Islamic militants in a volatile tribal region where he says more than 460 insurgents and 22 troops have died in 10 days of fighting.

Interior Ministry chief Rehman Malik says Pakistani intelligence has reports that about 3,000 armed militants are present in the northwestern region of Bajur, which borders Afghanistan. He says they include Pakistanis, Afghan Taliban and Central Asians.

Pakistani army helicopter gunships and jets have been pounding militant positions since the fighting broke out Aug. 6. Malik told a news conference Friday that "We will wipe them out."

Provincial Gov. Owais Ahmed Ghani says about 219,000 residents have been displaced by the fighting.

http://ap.goggle.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Their safe havens and their sympathisers ought to be uprooted. That is only way to defeat the menace and make the pest Karzai stop chirping.

My Brother
Iagree with the post but also must emphasize that all action must be taken within the framework of the Law. If war has been declared , it must be treated as such. This binds you to the Geneva convention. I knoew these desperate men will do anythging for their personal gain, but we must abide by the Law This was the reason for my post. Apologies for not havinfg read your post cvompletely.
Regards
WaSalam
Araz

Official: 460 militants, 22 troops die in Pakistan

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistan's top civilian security official has vowed to "wipe out" Islamic militants in a volatile tribal region where he says more than 460 insurgents and 22 troops have died in 10 days of fighting.

Interior Ministry chief Rehman Malik says Pakistani intelligence has reports that about 3,000 armed militants are present in the northwestern region of Bajur, which borders Afghanistan. He says they include Pakistanis, Afghan Taliban and Central Asians.

Pakistani army helicopter gunships and jets have been pounding militant positions since the fighting broke out Aug. 6. Malik told a news conference Friday that "We will wipe them out."

Provincial Gov. Owais Ahmed Ghani says about 219,000 residents have been displaced by the fighting.

http://ap.goggle.com

Fatman
If Rafi of Pakdef.info is to be beleived, then a ROSEmirage was used for thids strike. He also stated that it may be possible that the top leadership may have been targetted and neutralized. And by top I mean the very top!!!
Araz

My Brother
Iagree with the post but also must emphasize that all action must be taken within the framework of the Law. If war has been declared , it must be treated as such. This binds you to the Geneva convention. I knoew these desperate men will do anythging for their personal gain, but we must abide by the Law This was the reason for my post. Apologies for not havinfg read your post cvompletely.
Regards
WaSalam
Araz

the geneva conventions do not cover the WoT IMO!

Fatman
If Rafi of Pakdef.info is to be beleived, then a ROSEmirage was used for thids strike. He also stated that it may be possible that the top leadership may have been targetted and neutralized. And by top I mean the very top!!!
Araz

very plausible!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom