What's new

Pak-Iran pipeline: KSE-100 index plumbs 441 points fearing sanctions

The extraction from shale and hard mountainous regions is quite expensive while Iranian gas is one of the cheapest in the world.

well not cheaper for us, second im not talking about shale gas, im talking about regular gas like sui gas etc

well not cheaper for us, second im not talking about shale gas, im talking about regular gas like sui gas etc

There is no more easy to extract sui fields left in Pakistan beside the surveying and infrastructure development cost could easily cover a large chunk of pipe line laying cost. The problem is be it local gas or IP pipeline, money is the core of issue and finance is what Pak Gov does not have.

There is no more easy to extract sui fields left in Pakistan beside the surveying and infrastructure development cost could easily cover a large chunk of pipe line laying cost. The problem is be it local gas or IP pipeline, money is the core of issue and finance is what Pak Gov does not have.

money or cost?, i have already posted many news about pakistani new gas fields being discovered, also we have off shore gas fields, money is one time investment then we will get cheap gas, iran gas deal is very expensive for pakistan, we cant pay such an amount of money and thats why we have made a barter trade with them, money is an issue even with IP gas deal

You understand that if completed, this pipeline will have severe strategic implications for India and the fall out will affect India-Iran and India-US relations. Not to mentioned the tilt of balance between GCC influence and Iran-GCC rivalry! The political importance of this pipeline far exceed the hydrocarbon wealth it will bring.

The extraction from shale and hard mountainous regions is quite expensive while Iranian gas is one of the cheapest in the world.

On shale gas we simply lack the infrastructure and know-how to extract it and sell at a competitive rate

We need investment and foreign assistance in this sector and Pakistan isn't exactly everyone's first destination for business bc of the "halaat"

@dark dude

If your problem is cost than your sltn is not viable. Who's gonna finance all the projects you're proposing? In the end Iranian gas will be cheaper than the sltn you're giving.

Last edited by a moderator:
@dark dude

If your problem is cost than your sltn is not viable. Who's gonna finance all the projects you're proposing? In the end Iranian gas will be cheaper than the sltn you're giving.

maybe private sector, or we gonna find finance somehow, its gvernment job to do it? allocate more funds to be used in this area perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Salaam to all the Muslims,

:pakistan:

Sanctioning Pakistan along with Iran at the same time would be a very very stupid move by the Americans. I mean, if Pakistan runs out of money to pay for the gas and oil... nukes will be up for sale. Iran will only end up testing a nuke much sooner than expected.

The last time Pakistan was under sanctions, Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto landed in North Korea in December 1993. Four years later, Pakistan tested its Hatf-2 Abdali for the first time on July 2, 1997.

Hmmm ... I wonder why Pakistan has been aggressively expanding it's nuclear arsenal for the past 5 years?

Salaam to all the Muslims.

What intrigues me is that the Govt of Pakistan knows everything about the Sanctions act , the implications of the venture and the dangers and yet they have decided to proceed with the pipeline ( Note that the Iranian section is complete and work on the Pakistani one has been started and its shorter than Tehran's route ) and this is coming at a time when the Gwadar port has been handed over to the Beijing and Iran has agreed to build a refinery at the new port of Pakistan with Mr. Ahmedinijad mentioning yesterday that the pipeline can be extended to the North of Pakistan ...

Connect all the dots ...

Can any senior member provide us a realistical estimate of benifit of Iran and Pakistan pipeline and how does economically benifit in case any kind of sanction happens? ( Please donot think that I am waiting for Pakistan to get sanction rather i am assuming that Pakistan leader might have done a SWOT analysis about the entire project)...

Benefit, additional gas, which means more gas for industrial sector. Since this gas will be sold on the "open access" system therefore chances of bad debts etc is low.
This was the best time to construct the pipeline. US sanction us,we close the NATO line and sanction the airspace. Now how will they go out of Afganistan :-)

US so far has only harmed Pakistan, Pakistan needs to break free from US & this here is a perfect way to do it.

I doubt the completion on this Pipeline project. Pakistan need at least $1B to finish this project apart from other issues in Baloochistan.

Breaking news...
Iran-Pak Pipeline would trigger sanctions-US

Back
Top Bottom