Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pak-India World Cup semifinal fixing claims surface, ICC to probe
By Web Desk
Published: March 11, 2012
The International Cricket Council has launched a probe into a claim by the Sunday Times that Indian bookmakers fixed last year’s World Cup semifinal between Pakistan and India.
The newspaper’s investigation revealed that the bookmakers are fixing county games played in England and other international matches. The bookmakers offer thousands of pounds – £44,000 to batsmen to bat sluggishly, £50,000 to bowlers to give up runs and £750,000 for a player or official to for an assured match result.
To lure cricketers from different countries including England, the fixers claimed to have used a Bollywood actress.
The newspaper quoted a Delhi bookmaker as saying that good money could be made from county cricket as it “is a good market” as the matches are low profile and not monitored. The Sunday Times forwarded the findings to ICC, which said that it would probe into the allegations.
An ICC spokesperson said:
“We are grateful for the information you have provided and will launch an inquiry into these serious allegations.”
“Betting on cricket in the legal and illegal markets continues to grow rapidly and, with many, many millions of dollars being bet on every match, the threat of corrupters seeking to influence the game has not gone away.”
Pak-India World Cup semifinal fixing claims surface, ICC to probe – The Express Tribune

another nightmare for Pakistani cricketers....

And as far as Indians involved am damn sure they are gonna walk clean chit out of it down the line if they are found guilty. Money talks....

guaranteed match fixing. look at the way misbah played, as if its last session of a test match where only the 3rd innings was being played. simple catches dropped. srt lbw not given by hawkeye. sab mile hue hain

guaranteed match fixing. look at the way misbah played, as if its last session of a test match where only the 3rd innings was being played. simple catches dropped. srt lbw not given by hawkeye. sab mile hue hain
Look this naked Eyes, this was 100% Out.
But in Hawk eyes, It was just like Recorded video going towards leg stumph. Tedulkar was Out but turned into the faour of batsman. This was turning point in the match and Pak Lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
But in Hawk eyes, It was just like Recorded video going towards leg stumph. Tedulkar was Out but turned into the faour of batsman. This was turning point in the match and Pak Lost.

I think ICC is talking about fixing with video camera :rofl:

but how do you think hawkeye could have prepared something like a fake trajectory within seconds of the event happening? I think its impossible.

thats why indiais against use of drs. its very dicey tech. i think the charm of human element should be there in cricket. in this case i remember seeing this game live and couldnt believe this is not lbw. i felt bad but i thought it was right decision by u,pire. then i was happy it said not out , but this win was not that satisfying.

but how do you think hawkeye could have prepared something like a fake trajectory within seconds of the event happening? I think its impossible.
Just may be recorded video and you know the technology, how much time it take to click and change/drag the trajectory.I Can't believe the overturned decision.
2nd Angle. Look the original position and changed position by hawkeye.
:hitwall:

Just may be recorded video and you know the technology, how much time it take to click and change/drag the trajectory.I Can't believe the overturned decision.
:

the original and changed position frames are not in sync. notice tenulkars position its not the same. so this is not good evidence.

what i wish to say is , i think there was something fishy about this game. pak should have won it in my opinion. remember some dolly catches off srt? and misbahs batting in the last.

what i wish to say is , i think there was something fishy about this game. pak should have won it in my opinion. remember some dolly catches off srt? and misbahs batting in the last.
Misbah always plays like this and takes the game till last ball, but most times this strategy does not work because it puts the pressure on other batsman. This was very bad that they dropped many catches, may be the pressure of playing in India and from their crowd. Anyway, it was tight game on slower pitch. Both batsman struggled. Pakistan main weapon is always bowling, India main weapon is batting. Our batsman mostly disappoint us as here is no Inzi, Saeed anwar, Amir sohail in the team. Average batting lineup and it was expected.

:hitwall:

Mate i dont knoe about the LBW , they are always 50 -50 chancees oly....
But what made me wonder was the pakistani fielders put down 4 catches of sachin in which 3 of them was damn easy, 1 was tough....
An enquiry must suffice ....

Just few clips need to removed and hawkeye will show a big turn. There is no point in it discussing it again as it has been thrashed properly.

ya kar lo bhayya .... saare ke saare ****** hain . upar se le ke neeche tak har banda mila huwa hai ...:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom