What's new

PAK-FA takes to the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notorious Eagle

Russia developed mid 4th generation flankers like su30 mki & su35 .

Russia introduced TVC & HMS in cockpits

They have already demonstrated their engineering ability.

PAK FA may not match F22

But it will match JSF & BETTER both Typhoon & Rafael

Notorious Eagle

Russia developed mid 4th generation flankers like su30 mki & su35 .

Russia introduced TVC & HMS in cockpits

They have already demonstrated their engineering ability.

PAK FA may not match F22

But it will match JSF & BETTER both Typhoon & Rafael

iTS being built to meet the full fledged Air superiority role.

I would think if it were not able to Match the F-22 then the whole project is a waste of time.

No...I do not. The current problems for current Russian aviation is little difference from past problems from the Soviet system. Under the Soviets, finance and engineering talents were not issues for concerns, but then why were the Soviets so consistently behind the US? Economics. Now look at today and see for yourself.

Might be? Yes. Will be? No. But what inevitably will happens is that many people will latch onto certain aircraft characteristics that are comparable to the F-35, or perhaps even surpass it, and grossly exaggerate the overall superiority of the Russian product.

When we have something ready to replace the F-22.

Here are the 'official' unofficial standard for this 'fifth generation' class:

1- Radar signature of less than one meter square at 200 km.
2- Supercruise.
3- Vectored thrust.
4- Internalized weapons.
5- An Active Elect. Scan Array radar system.

You left out one of the most important advantages the F-22 has as well.

The multifunction advanced data link system.

time and again we believed that static tests were on and people were downplaying russia and its delay for the first time ever KNAAPO the company making the PAKFA have released a confirmation of the static tests and that engines were powered on and the planes jogged on the runway with inhibition

here is a transation of the original article in russian dated 24/12 /2009
remember its not yet another source its confirmed by KNAAPO who are the makers confirmed by interfax

Lenta.ru: Îðóæèå: Íà÷àëèñü èñïûòàíèÿ ðîññèéñêîãî èñòðåáèòåëÿ ïÿòîãî ïîêîëåíèÿ

Russia a promising fifth-generation fighter - a promising frontline aviation aircraft complex (PAK FA) - the first jogging at the airfield of Komsomolsk-on-Amur Aircraft Production Association (KnAAPO). It is reported by Interfax, citing a source in the aviation industry. When it was held rollout of the aircraft and began his test was not specified.
After the rollout pilot started the engines and the plane started moving on the runway. During jogging PAK FA several times carried inhibition. Results produced two jogging. During the test was observed only employees KnAAPO. As expected the end of 2009 PAK FA will do some jogging, and in January 2010 made its first flight.

Earlier, Vice-Premier of Russia Sergey Ivanov declared that the test fifth-generation fighter will begin in late 2009-th - beginning of 2010. In mid-September 2009 Deputy Defense Minister Vladimir Popovkin announced that PAK FA, also known as T-50 and the product 701, will enter the Air Force of Russia with 2015.

Ministry of Defense of Russia plans to begin procurement PAK FA after it is fully executed contract to supply 48 Su-35 generation "4 + +". The first Su-35 military aircraft Russia will have in 2011, a contract for the supply will be fully implemented by 2015. On the number of PAK FA, which intends to buy the Defense Ministry, while nothing is known.

Officially, Russia's specifications prospective fighters were not reported. Presumably, PAK FA will be able to reach speeds of up to 2,1 thousand kilometers per hour. Range aircraft will be 5.5 thousand kilometers. Armament plane can be represented by 30-millimeter cannon. PAK FA will have 16 points of suspension, including eight located inside the fuselage.

Extremely exiting news. But unfortunately hard to believe. Cant find it anywhere after lot of searching on google, except for defense forums. Can you give more links, or this article is legit enough?

For The last time the FGFA is a redesign of the Airframe.

We have set a Number of requirements that Mean the Airframe already needs to Be adjusted and tweaked. So we can modify it as we need.

Foremost is the 2 pilot configuration

Also The FGFA is planned to be lighter as revealed during the MAKS 09

India wants to use more composites to lower the weight.

There is some legitimate design work involved.

Apart from all the differences, I had read somewhere that we insisted for a FBL fcs rather than FBW fcs. I am unable to get the source. Do you have any idea how true that is? Does HAL have any experience with the FBL fcs either with MKI test beds (if any) or LCA?

0f5db48954feb84912bbb1a773228ab9._.jpg

Apart from all the differences, I had read somewhere that we insisted for a FBL fcs rather than FBW fcs. I am unable to get the source. Do you have any idea how true that is? Does HAL have any experience with the FBL fcs either with MKI test beds (if any) or LCA?

Yes, there was an article during MAKS 09 that said India Had Insisted on Having quad FBL fcs. But we wont know anything Till HAL and Sukhoi release the specifications.

Publicly HAL has never used FBL. It might have to be developed. Or Sukhoi may provide the FBL

Lets just assume that today Russia is the only country in the world with the aero engineering capability to build something even close to F22...

if pak FA come even close i think both RUSSIA & INDIA will delighted.

Lets just assume that today Russia is the only country in the world with the aero engineering capability to build something even close to F22...

if pak FA come even close i think both RUSSIA & INDIA will delighted.

:agree: very true..... Even China I doubt could build a 5th gen plane. The only thing i see "indigenously" built by them is the J-10. J-11 is a copy of Su-27. Russians have better R & D.

We have to also see guys; the Obama administration stopped producing the F-22 due it's extreme costs. The PAKFA I doubt will cost anywhere near that amount (150 mil). Though it wouldn't equally match the F-22, the PAKFA is a major boost to India and Russia.

I'm happy the US won't be selling these things to other countries any time soon. :bunny: PAF will have to go for Chinese aircraft in the future... Also, I am hoping RUS won't sell the PAKFA to China.....

:agree: very true..... Even China I doubt could build a 5th gen plane. The only thing i see "indigenously" built by them is the J-10. J-11 is a copy of Su-27. Russians have better R & D.

We have to also see guys; the Obama administration stopped producing the F-22 due it's extreme costs. The PAKFA I doubt will cost anywhere near that amount (150 mil). Though it wouldn't equally match the F-22, the PAKFA is a major boost to India and Russia.

I'm happy the US won't be selling these things to other countries any time soon. :bunny: PAF will have to go for Chinese aircraft in the future... Also, I am hoping RUS won't sell the PAKFA to China.....
If Russia sell PAKFA to china then whats the mean of India investing 5B $ into it with no TOT. The whole politics is to avoid the sell of these beast to china and let only India and Russia have the fruit. I like Indian game .:victory:, And it was a tough decision for Russia to let the sell market die for china because it is the big buyer for Russia, But Russia left no other option just to fund the project and let the Indian demand on agreement.

Terrible!!!!
16 hardpoints??? :hitwall:

how's this thing supposed to be stealthy? 5th gen?

For stealth, only internal hardpoints would be used. Than again, it might be speculation. The real picture would be out there soon, so just have some patience.

If Russia sell PAKFA to china then whats the mean of India investing 5B $ into it with no TOT. The whole politics is to avoid the sell of these beast to china and let only India and Russia have the fruit.
it means india invested huge $$$ in other's defence industry but can't get any core technology of PAK-FA:cheesy:.please don't tell me india is special for russia :blah::blah:.......answer my question first, why was russia seeking for partners only after they finished the design of PAKFA?indian might say "we are not idiot",but please tell me " do india have any other options ?"U.S? they are not even willing to share the core technology of F-35 with their allies:D,and india have no chance get F-35 before 2025 even if U.S was agree to sell
I like Indian game
indian is playing no game ,all the cards is in russia's hand
And it was a tough decision for Russia to let the sell market die for china because it is the big buyer for Russia
it's a tough decision for russia if it was 10 years ago.please check the deals between china and russia in the last ten years, It is obvious where china is going.and we never expect too much from them ever since china-soviet reapproached.

Last edited:

These look like rip offs from back widow. F-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom