What's new

PAK-FA : photos and videos

Haanzo i must say that Pak-Fa doesn't look like prototype at all. It looks like its ready to kill already. imagine when Pak-Fa gets ready. Am very big fan of russian jet fighters. Pak-Fa is sleek slim trim stealth beauty. i seen F-35 and i wonder how agile would it be. F-35 looks like slow, bit fat, bit baby face and more into stealth while pak-Fa looks like stealth, fast, furious, deadly, letheal. Hats off to russian. Am proud india part of Pak-Fa and soon FGFA will get ready to fly.

Haanzo i must say that Pak-Fa doesn't look like prototype at all. It looks like its ready to kill already. imagine when Pak-Fa gets ready. Am very big fan of russian jet fighters. Pak-Fa is sleek slim trim stealth beauty. i seen F-35 and i wonder how agile would it be. F-35 looks like slow, bit fat, bit baby face and more into stealth while pak-Fa looks like stealth, fast, furious, deadly, letheal. Hats off to russian. Am proud india part of Pak-Fa and soon FGFA will get ready to fly.

which one India got first ... Pakfa or FGFA

@Schindler irrespective of how good it looks now i expect major changes in the aft underbelly of the jet and he cockpit ...dont forget the intake ducts, single piece canopy like the f-16 ...these will be definite changes ...and i do believe these changes will contribute to its overall appearance too in the positive way

Can someone tell me if GOI and Russia have signed all the necessary documents, with regards to PAKFA development?

No not at all , not a single document has been signed .
Problem is Russians want to offer A Phased manner JV that is JV for diff phases of development of FGFA not a single JV .
This is what is holding up Signing .
Second thing is ,
some End-user monitoring and IP protection issue which Russians want similar to Indo-US agreement

Real good news on this front ,
Problems that I was talking about time back that held up signing the Phased- JV with Russians seems like over . India may well advance with FGFA without signing up any more JV agreement

Russian-Indian work on 5G fighter to go ahead without extra deal | Defense | RIA Novosti

Russian-Indian work on 5G fighter to go ahead without extra deal
17:51 11/06/2010
Russian aircraft holding Sukhoi has no plans to sign additional agreements creating a joint venture with its Indian partners in the production of a fifth-generation fighter, the general director said on Friday.
Russian Sukhoi holding and Indian Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) agreed in early 2010 to jointly develop a fifth-generation stealth fighter jet.
Sukhoi head Mikhail Pogosyan had said that an additional agreement would be signed specifying the Indian role in the project, but on Friday he said that the Russian company hoped work would begin soon without any such deal.
"We don't plan to sign a joint venture. We have agreed on joint work with our Indian colleagues," Pogosyan said.
He said the joint work could be carried out under the current agreement.
"We will do our part of the work, our Indian counterparts theirs," Pogosyan said. "At the initial stage it is not necessary to have a joint venture."
Earlier, HAL was reported to be seeking a 25% share in design and development in the project.
Russia has been developing its fifth-generation fighter since the 1990s. The current prototype, known as the T-50, was designed by the Sukhoi design bureau and built at a plant in Komsomolsk-on-Amur, in Russia's Far East.
Russian officials have already hailed the fighter as "a unique warplane" that combines the capabilities of an air superiority fighter and attack aircraft.
PARIS, June 11 (RIA Novosti)

x_a0442681.jpg

Russian-Indian work on 5G fighter to go ahead without extra deal | Defense | RIA Novosti

Putin meets 'Stealth': PAK FA T-50 fighter jet presentation

June 17, 2010 — Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin is personally overseeing the country's efforts to create one of the most advanced fighter jets in the world. He stopped by the Zhukovsky airfield outside Moscow to watch a test flight of the Sukhoi T-50 jet. The plane features an array of technical and design innovations. Sukhoi, the company behind it, says it'll be a few more years before the fifth-generation jet is ready for mass production.

Notice the short takeoff distance, and goes almost vertical immediately after takeoff. Those engines must be some beasts! Check out 00:56 to 1:02, some really nice maneuvers lazily done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Putin boasts new jet fighter better than U.S. plane

Putin watched a test flight of a "fifth-generation" stealth fighter, dubbed the T-50 and billed as Russia's first all-new warplane since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991.

"This machine will be superior to our main competitor, the F-22, in terms of maneuverability, weaponry and range," Putin told the pilot after the flight, according to an account on the government website.

Putin said the plane would cost up to three times less than similar aircraft in the West and could remain in service for 30 to 35 years with upgrades, according to the report.

Successful development of the fighter, built by Sukhoi, is crucial to showing Russia can challenge U.S. technology and modernize its military after a period of post-Soviet decay.

Russia also plans to manufacture T-50s jointly with India.

The F-22 raptor stealth fighter first flew in 1997 and is the only fifth-generation fighter in service. Fifth-generation aircraft have advanced flight and weapons control systems and can cruise at supersonic speeds.

According to the government website, the test pilot told Putin the controls of the T-50 allowed the pilot to operate most of the plane's systems without taking his hands off the joystick, which he said would be very useful under high forces of gravity.

"I know, I've flown," Putin replied. Sukhoi has said the plane should be ready for use in 2015.

Putin boasts new jet fighter better than U.S. plane | Reuters

Can anyone tell me is india still committed to the project or not, or they are just going to buy or licence produced it in future. And when it will be completed like by 2016 and start its exports in 2018 to india and others. Tell me the Estimated cost with and without spares, weapons and training.

Back
Top Bottom