What's new

PAK-FA : photos and videos

^^^^^^^^
Hi ptldM3 , you have flown Jet yourself Mig if I am not wrong .
What do you make of this smooth take off in video ???
Engines smoke trail - Hardly see any trace during inflight

No i havn't flown jets, just civilian aircraft, the takeoff seems just like any other, but it was interesting to see the LERX and the fully moving vertical stabs.

Excellent... marvelous... really it looks like the best fighter in the world. Look at different angle.. wow. :dance3:

Thanks for sharing.

Many things are pretty much clear from the video,

1) The building quality, shapes, joints are excellent as for first prototype. The final aircraft will much better.

2) They tried to give as much as stealth possible from every angle. Look at the cockpit, how it differs from SU-30 and F-22.

3) Very very complex flight control system needed. As you mentioned huge LERX, all moving tail, TVC in addition to wings controls.

4) The engines are Saturn 117S as expected, the same on SU-35BM. The final one for PAK FA will be more stealthy design and more thrust.

Though we had to put huge money on PAK FA, I think its one of the best deal for India in 21st century. No matter what happens, by 2020 with FGFA our air force will lead in something that no one has outside US and Russia. We urgently needed a good fifth generation fighter due to increased complexities of PLAAF to take an edge. Note my words one day this FGFA will save our nation.... it will make difference.... :yahoo::victory::yahoo:

Last edited:
cool video
guys 1 question how do you up load videos??

Last edited:
New anti-G suits being developed for PAK-FA

: TOMILINO, near Moscow May 18

The research and production corporation Zvezda has made trial samples of the anti-G suit and other life-support systems for pilots flying G5 fighter jets, and are testing them, Zvezda General Director and General Designer Sergei Pozdnyakov told Interfax-AVN.

“The anti-G suit, the partial-pressure helmet and the oxygen mask are being developed as part of a plan to create the G5 fighter jet. The centrifuge testing has got underway. The entire testing program will last until the end of the year,” Pozdnyakov said.

“The aircraft designers have created a super-maneuverable plane.

But the pilot must have a reliable life support system at his disposal to cope with maneuvers and g-loads. The life support system under development will allow the pilot to conduct air battles of any complexity,” he said.

The anti-G suit’s primary mission is to prevent the outflow of blood from the head to the feet and to ease the crushing strain. The pilot won’t lose consciousness if such measures are taken,” said Pozdnyakov.

Back
Top Bottom