What's new

Pak, China threat: IAF to deploy Sukhois

we are facing giant enemy like india thats y we have to spend more % gdp in defence and china is also facing enemies like US japan n india ... every neighbor of india have problem with india :angel:

1. India never attacked any of its neighbor.
2. Its pakistan's internal matter how much it spends on defence, I just said u cant complain about our expenditure till we are spending under established norms. (Though hardly u can do anything if we decide to spend more as well, U can do for urself not ours)

And regarding this SU30MKi's , tell me how we are gonna face those new fighters with China and Pakistan if we dont revamp our depleting forces, with those MIG 21? And if you just look around PDF as well u will find many threads which prove Indian IAF really is in need of enforcements.

I have no duty explaining this to u , we can just buy and deploy what we want but because this concern was raised so ..

I found this news in time of India today. Pretty interesting thought to share with you guys.

NEW DELHI: With Pakistan getting new F-16s from US and JF-17 ‘Thunder’ jets from China, IAF now has plans to progressively deploy its most potent Sukhoi-30MKI fighters on the western front.

This comes after IAF identified Tezpur and other bases in the North-East to also base the multi-role Sukhoi-30MKIs as a safeguard on the eastern front against China, which has gone in for a massive upgrade of airbases in Tibet and other areas near the Line of Actual Control.

At present, IAF has just about 60 of the 230 Sukhoi-30MKI fighters contracted from Russia at an overall cost of over $ 8.5-billion. Of the 230 jets, 140 are to be produced under licence by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) in India.

The government, incidentally, has directed HAL to complete the ongoing Sukhoi project by 2013-2014 since IAF is grappling with both a severe shortage in the number of its fighter squadrons, down to 32 from the "sanctioned" strength of 39.5, as well as "poor serviceability" of its MiG-21, MiG-27 and Jaguar fleets.

India has so far based its Sukhois — which can be jury-rigged to carry nuclear bombs — only at Pune, Jodhpur and Bareilly, though they have operated from as diverse places as the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Halwara.
With fresh deliveries of the "air superiority" fighters in the pipeline, the earmarking of important airbases to position future squadrons is taking place in full flow.

The operationally crucial Western Air Command (WAC), which covers virtually the entire western front stretching from Ladakh to Bikaner, in particular, figures high on these plans.

"Our assets have to be distributed all over the country in line with our operational thinking. After the East, the planning is to base Sukhois in our area of responsibility," WAC chief Air Marshal P K Barbora told TOI.

WAC controls as many as 18 important airbases ranging from Srinagar, Leh, Thosie, Awantipur to Ambala, Amritsar, Halwara and Nal. But several of them need new inductions to maintain their operational readiness. Halwara, for instance, houses the old and accident-prone MiG-23s which are in the process of being phased out.

The basing of Sukhois at new bases will, of course, require new infrastructure. The Tezpur airbase, for instance, is currently undergoing a huge revamp to house two Sukhoi squadrons.

The move is significant since the Sukhois, which have a cruising speed of 3,200 km and can carry eight tonne of armaments, can strike targets deep inside China after taking off from Tezpur. Their radius of operation, of course, can be cranked up to around 8,000 km with air-to-air refuelling by IL-78 tankers.

Interestingly, Bareilly, which already has two squadrons, has been earmarked as the "hub" for Sukhoi operations in the eastern sector. Some of the fighters have even been fitted with Israeli reconnaissance systems to enable them to "look" 300 km into China without crossing the border.

The Sukhois and the 3,500-km-plus nuclear-capable Agni-III missile, which will be ready for operational deployment by 2010 or so, constitute a crucial part of the "affordable nuclear deterrence" posture against China.

@Machoman

We know that you are from pakistan still.

why are you posting article dated May 18, 2008 now??

What are your intentions of posting it???

Troll and flame????

1. India never attacked any of its neighbor.
2. Its pakistan's internal matter how much it spends on defence, I just said u cant complain about our expenditure till we are spending under established norms. (Though hardly u can do anything if we decide to spend more as well, U can do for urself not ours)

And regarding this SU30MKi's , tell me how we are gonna face those new fighters with China and Pakistan if we dont revamp our depleting forces, with those MIG 21? And if you just look around PDF as well u will find many threads which prove Indian IAF really is in need of enforcements.

I have no duty explaining this to u , we can just buy and deploy what we want but because this concern was raised so ..

yeah in 1971 indians didnt attacked on our weaker part of pakistan that was just a drama na :angel:

every of ur neighboring country is disturbed coz of u mention any country with whome u dnt have problems lol :D

we are facing giant enemy like india thats y we have to spend more % gdp in defence and china is also facing enemies like US japan n india ... every neighbor of india have problem with india :angel:

See , who is complaning abt a problamatic neighbourhood country:blah::blah: Check the history who always started war and being a head ache for rest of the countries too.
Secondly this is very old news , why to post such old news here. And regarding Su-30 Mki deployment, Its India's choice to put right fighter in right place. Why India invested in Su-30Mki fighters if these are not going to posted in Eastern and Western sector?

minimum credible deterrent, nothing more nothing less.

Why? so that we can go to our offices without worrying if China is building this or that, Pakistan is testing this or that.

Add: I would listen to your complain the day you prove that India is spending more % of GDP than China or Pakistan.

hhmmm. minimal ditterance is not when you show 18 f 16 70 su 30 eh? that is not minimal that is an act of egression ... to me when i see india it makes me wanna:lol: beacuse all you say is that pakistan is the bad guy and ECT .... but when we face you like in an aggressive manner you cry wolf .... i mean come on if you want war bring it.. if you dont so stop saying you will beacuse all it dose is cause hate and alot of it

Indians are pussies so to speak.They have hundreds of jets and when we get 18 news jets they are scared..If we had that kind of weapons Pakistani Flag would be up in Delhi.

Indians are pussies so to speak.They have hundreds of jets and when we get 18 news jets they are scared..If we had that kind of weapons Pakistani Flag would be up in Delhi.

Thats whats called difference in point of view.

And by the way dont call other nations/citizens pussies or anything, you are degrading urself by calling names.

Thank you.

whattttttttttttttt ????????? :what:
anyways .....thats the difference buddy...even when we have that kind of weapons we dont talk like you....and talking about stuff like hoisting one's flag in India and Pakistan does not suit a senior member like you.:tdown:

BTW you must have heard, with great powers ,come great responsibility.:pop:

bakwas u people went on back step because u were very well aware if any stupid step from ur side will cause great deal of unrecoverable losses of decades.. the statement that u gave is just good to satisfy u from inside but the reality is different..

Yes its bakwaas ad we really stepped back but not bcoz we were afraid but india cares and loves it's ppl,Unlike th pak establishment and army which always considers itself looser b4 a single bullet has been fired and paniks to press the nuclear button.

India knows that if this attitude of pak persists then there will be huge huge losses on both sides,and pakistan will get only a single chance to kill india,after which i highly doubt there will be pakistan and india is on its path,tday we donot have that much arsenal,after this nuke deal who knows ,till then i will keep my fingers crossed.

And the whole of pakistan says that pak is a peace loving country.U by ur stmt admit that u are not advocating peace bcoz its in ur heart but u reliase that u cannot win against INDIA.

Why should we bother attacking you when you guyz are busy fighting yourself.

Here is the Difference between an Indian and a Pakistani...You people are Warmongers

The are 6 operational Sqds of Su30mki #

With 6 more to follow by 2015.

That makes anything between 100-115 flankers as we speak.

Only half are deployed in Indo Pak theatre. No more than 60 mki

Thats not our target short or long term plan, target is keep u guys engaged, Keep as much tools as required for any possible conflict and get out of poverty.

As I said we should not get provoked, what will we get by having our flag in Islamabad, nothing but nightmare. Nothing much to gain there , what more fruitful is 8 - 10 % growth for next couple of decades and other things will take care of themselves.

And about being pussies , If saying that satisfies ur ego then I am happy for you.

Why IAF need these? They already have the capibility to finish both china and pakistan in 96hs said by indian millitory chief.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom