What's new

Pak-China Rail Link News

great news, but as usual a matter of concern for india :D
-------------------------------------------------
Chinese rail link to Pak matter of concern: India
PTI, Jul 7, 2010
NEW DELHI: India today expressed "concern" over China's plans to have a rail link with Pakistan through the Karakoram ranges, but said it was doing its own preparations to counter such a move.

"It is definitely a matter of concern. But we are taking our counter measures and we are doing our own preparation," Minister of State for Defence M M Pallam Raju told reporters here.

Chinese rail link to Pak matter of concern: India - India - The Times of India

Indian "concern" over China's plans to have a rail link with Pakistan through the Karakorum ranges, but said it was doing its own preparations to counter such a move.

Please explain what Indian Concern. Why they saying counter measures.

Lots of flip flops in this decision in the past 5 years. Its definitely going to be a marvel of human engineering if it goes through - the terrain over which it has to pass over makes such a project insanely ambitious.

But from both Pakistan's and China's point of view, we'll be sending our economies into a massive overdrive with the creation of such a link. It has to be done.

More than trade, I think it'll turn into a tourist attraction with the route it'll take - through the breathtaking Karakorum mountain ranges.

I know I'd ride it to China just for the experience. The PTDC (if that is still what it is called) can arrange for day long excursions/hiking trips along the way at certain stops.

Would be gorgeous.

But then again, seeing the Indian response of 'countermeasures', they might resort to pooping in plain view to dissuade the train service.:tongue:

What 'countermeasures' does a nation take to a proposed rail link?:what:

Set up a Donkey train?

Rather puzzling response from India.

What makes You think that there cannot be any Counter measures? anyways good Luck With The project:cheers:

SIR, AgNoStIc MuSliM
How much time this rail link will take in completion ? (Approximately)
& when it is going to be start ?

What makes You think that there cannot be any Counter measures? anyways good Luck With The project:cheers:

Oh sure there can be 'countermeasures', but my question was what kind of countermeasures, and which ones would you support and why?

Oh sure there can be 'countermeasures', but my question was what kind of countermeasures, and which ones would you support and why?

Unfortunately I have no answer to this, I myself am wondering what could be those counter measures:blink:

i think something like this is crucial, as mentioned in another thread it will increase the presence of pakistan within china and vice versa but on a more human level, instead of just the same old military deals

remember not every person in china bases perception on national interest..

some people just want to do business, pakistan needs to create the impression within china that we are not just a military friend but an attractive people and place to have and do business with, to develop cultural ties and deep economic ties as well

it will be a great thing if we can teach our people some chinese so that we can have a greater presence within their society and national psyche, student exchanges and so on....

SIR, AgNoStIc MuSliM
How much time this rail link will take in completion ? (Approximately)
& when it is going to be start ?

The feasibility study might shed some light on that. I do not have access to it and therefore have no clue.

Sparklingway might know.

---------- Post added at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

what kind of counter measure r u expecting,r u thinking about related to defense or trade

I have no clue what kind of 'countermeasures' India is contemplating. Every thing in the defence and trade field that India could try it has already tried in the aftermath of the Mumbai attacks, so I doubt there is any more that can be done there.

Lots of flip flops in this decision in the past 5 years. Its definitely going to be a marvel of human engineering if it goes through - the terrain over which it has to pass over makes such a project insanely ambitious.

But from both Pakistan's and China's point of view, we'll be sending our economies into a massive overdrive with the creation of such a link. It has to be done.
Lot of people laughed at us when we were building Shahra-e-karakuram. They said its impossible. But Pakistani and Chinese Engineers gave their life at many occasion and the road was build. Technology is much more advance now and i hope this rail track will be done with lot more perfection.

:pakistan: :china:

India voices concern over China-Pakistan rail link proposal news

07 July 2010

India has voiced concern over China's plans to construct a rail link with Pakistan through the Karakoram ranges and said it would have to take counter measures against such provocative moves.

A Chinese rail link to Pakistan is really a matter of concern for India, minister of state for defence Pallam Raju said, adding that the proposed link is through Indian territory, which is illegally occupied by Pakistan.

China is reported to be planning to build rail link to Pakistan via Gilgit-Baltistan region in ***************** Kashmir (***), so as to extend its reach to the Arabian Sea.

The prospect of China-Pakistan rail link is all the more worrisome for India since the two are working 'closely together' and 'cooperating closely' on defence and strategic issues.

Media reports said China and Pakistan are expected to sign a memorandum of understanding for a rail track linking Havelian in China and Khunjerab in Pakistan, soon.

Ishfaq Khattak, general manager (operations) of Pakistan Railways, is reported to have left for China on a 12-day visit. His visit coincides the visit of the official delegation of President Asif Ali Zardari

India's concern are absolutely well grounded and 100% correct. Kashmir under pakistan's control is a disputed territory and pakistan should not exploit it for benefit as they call it azad. Also, its not good on part of china when they want good relations with India.

Back
Top Bottom