What's new

Pak Army Aviation helicopter hard landing under fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
In such situation, always use Helo drones to analyze the situation or anyother type of drone.

As usual, the ignorant at their usual rants. Its a national disease or characteristic to speak before you think or read.

The attack was at Badaber and the closest and quickest responding assets were thrown out there. The Squirrel is unarmed and armoured. It was tasked with finding and putting the nightsun light onto the terrorists. It was inevitable that it would come under fire and hence it was brought down.

As for the "Huge loss". Capt Asfandyar was a huge loss you materialistic arses.
The AS-550 C3 you see brought down there costs around $2.5 million. Which is not even 1/10th of the Monthly wages doled out to Pakistanis in Just Lahore and Islamabad. So about you all put in 100rs and buy us a new one instead of whining like the Kashmir Earthquake happened again.
could you please unban me from the air force forum and military image forum?

hence the need of MI 35. Utility copters are not meant for this situation.

the army says 13 attackers were shot dead during the attack but only showed the bodies of 6 of them? seems like some ones talking B.S.

Sir aur helicopter kis din istemal karnay kayliye liye thay?
I like your replay,but i want to discuss is this is helicopter strength ? When a bullet hit , it comes down?or we have some better heli which can resis bullets ?or all hellicopters have same issue? If its only in this case then yes this helli fails the real war time test,

Only if you will not be a repetitive parrot and pointlesskly derail arguments.
it wont happen, arguments won't be derailed, but i will speak my mind and i'm not 1 to be blinded by patriotism, i call things as i see them, but i will stick to the topic and not go off topic, you have my word.

Exactly, I'm not sure where people have been living all these years.
Sir the Taliban attacked with 14 attackers, the largest assault ever planned. Their press releases indicate they were looking for at least 300 kills with this operation. Limiting them to 30m of their breach and keeping the casualty to 29 is nothing short of a miracle in my opinion.

This was not downed by an attack. It was mechanical failure.
sir FYI these SA-350s are now from france not old we bought them in 2009

Sad to see such ignorance and surface level analyses from my brethren.

Apart from if it was downed by Taliban or it crashed on it's own, what do you guys think was a better choice to send in that situation? Your correct answer may win you a Juiblee chocolate bar.

A - A cow
B- Some Donkeys (saved from being slaughtered)
C- A Honda CD-70
D- My Mother-in-Law

PTV News showed interview of a Pakistan Army helicopter pilot. The injured pilot Major Saqib interviewed in Combined Military Hospital (CMH) informed the news channel that after receiving an order around 9:15 AM their helicopter departed from Peshawar Air Base to recover casualties/injured persons from Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Camp Badaber that was attacked by terrorists in the morning today. The helicopter was able to land at Camp Badaber but after takeoff its tail section/tail rotor received bullet hits from the ground. The helicopter went into spin and crashed/crash landed. The pilot said that he shut down engine as safety procedure to prevent helicopter from catching fire and also removed unconscious co-pilot from the crashed helicopter.

qqw2K8.jpg

OGQ9jm.jpg

bDQe1o.jpg

IIB72z.jpg

acSx5m.jpg

A Pakistan Army Eurocopter AS350B3 Ecureuil seen flying over Badaber on September 18.
000_Hkg10210185.jpg

APP78-18Peshawar.jpg
but.. But sir jee hum ne to dushman ka hamla nakaam bana diya na. Taliban lost their 10 MRAPs, 5 Apache helis, 4 Abram tanks & 2 VTOL jets & 13 terrorists while we ONLY lost 30 lives & a punny heli.

Apart from if it was downed by Taliban or it crashed on it's own, what do you guys think was a better choice to send in that situation? Your correct answer may win you a Juiblee chocolate bar.

A - A cow
B- Some Donkeys (saved from being slaughtered)
C- A Honda CD-70
D- My Mother-in-Law
D on C with AK-47?

a gaay kher se die hard fans humara moon band karany mubarak ho.:lol:

So what are you saying? We are NOT waging a ruthless war on TTP? What do you think is Zarb e Azb?

Well we certainly need to stop attacks before they occur. I hope here we can agree. I respect the army but I think a lot more has to be done in the fight against terrorism. For example even the education system is flawed. It turns us into bigots. We need a serious campaign throughout the country for eradication of terrorism. I believe the politicians are mostly clearly at fault here because they should take responsibility for rehabilitation and other responsibilities immediately.

I guess the army is doing all it can but I just hate seeing my people dying. I want someone to stop it and it is only the army that can.

look like our forces are more stupid then our thoughts when there was ongoing terror operation they send a helicopter to recovery mission and it was hot cake target for taliban .:disagree: and here is result of 2.5 millions dollars brand new helicopter lose .:tdown:

hats off to taliban victory now :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Very sad coming from you

An Mi17 would have been a better choice, they are known to take multiple bullet hits before failing
Indian Para military has been using them extensively in Anti Maoist operations

look like our forces are more stupid then our thoughts when there was ongoing terror operation they send a helicopter to recovery mission and it was hot cake target for taliban .:disagree: and here is result of 2.5 millions dollars brand new helicopter lose .:tdown:

hats off to taliban victory now :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Khan Sahab what are you talking about? Recovery of casualties is almost always done during and in between the thick of it all because it needs to be done ASAP. You don't wait for it all to end to send help. These guys are trained exactly for this, those machines are meant for exactly this.

Your countrymen were laying there bleeding, helpless and you're more concerned about the heli?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom