What's new

Pak Army Aviation helicopter hard landing under fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deployment of helicopter was correct however , this particular copter does not have machine gun inside it

Most likely reparable, engine appears to be not damaged
that is where you are wrong, the engines power is sent to the propeller via a reduction gears (gear box). now because the propeller hit the ground this means the gear box is destroyed and the engine turbine shaft would also be destroyed. basically its a class b write off.

OGQ9jm.jpg

I hope our PA is not covering these things up. The people deserve honest and credible information. I acknowledge that the army is perhaps the one and only less corrupt force than other institutions. But we must acknowledge that any person from any teir of society is corruptable.

We need to take serious action against the Taliban. So severe that it leaves their supporters trembling. Attacks by the Taliban should be stopped before they occur instead of false acknowledgements of victory after the Talib rats kill 10, 20 people.

Joke of the Year

PA is losing professionalism in several fields of War, more make up & heroism than true fighting force. This incident is clear indication of non-professionalism.

Joke of the Year

PA is losing professionalism in several fields of War, more make up & heroism than true fighting force. This incident is clear indication of non-professionalism.
I stand by what i said and this report says the same:

Military least corrupt institution: TIP

We should appreciate the good and point out the bad. We can say however that our opinions diverge on the military. I say yes there have been dictators, there was Yahya and Niazi who tore up the nation but I respect the ordinary soldier who sacrificed his life for nation and people.

our stupid forces sometime park AWACS in front of terrorists and sometime P-3Cs to bomb them and if in any case terrorists attack a facility where there is no air assets our brave forces by themselves help taliban and send something to hit it ? what more called stupidity ?????????

ker liya istmal ya or bhi kerna hai janab ????? results are in front of you . taliban have done the job they lost 13 useless lives and we 30+ lives many vehicles and one chopper what more taliban can expect ?
Dear it was sent to recover causalities (injured). Which could only happen while they were alive.

Why didn't army placed a machine on heli for cover support..or atleast aircraft should not be in area of attack unless our guys could provide cover till helicopter goes to safe zone

Sir the Taliban attacked with 14 attackers, the largest assault ever planned. Their press releases indicate they were looking for at least 300 kills with this operation. Limiting them to 30m of their breach and keeping the casualty to 29 is nothing short of a miracle in my opinion.
It doesn't matter if they were in dozen number. This is still not huge
while They successfully penetrated airforce mosque and they killed dozen airforce personals which they aimed.
While our army & others speak lie infront of nation from first day.
What a Shame they don't tell truth.
Technical fault???
My foot. They again spoke lie.
They never told us truth about security holes, Either from holy night of 27th Ramadan about kamra attack or peshwar attack during prayer time.
All we see rants and story of such bravery after attacks which is to hide incometency to tackle threats like this, and to cover truth about security holes.
Instead of punishing officer , they get rewards , and trends continues .

Last edited:
As usual, the ignorant at their usual rants. Its a national disease or characteristic to speak before you think or read.

The attack was at Badaber and the closest and quickest responding assets were thrown out there. The Squirrel is unarmed and armoured. It was tasked with finding and putting the nightsun light onto the terrorists. It was inevitable that it would come under fire and hence it was brought down.

As for the "Huge loss". Capt Asfandyar was a huge loss you materialistic arses.
The AS-550 C3 you see brought down there costs around $2.5 million. Which is not even 1/10th of the Monthly wages doled out to Pakistanis in Just Lahore and Islamabad. So about you all put in 100rs and buy us a new one instead of whining like the Kashmir Earthquake happened again.

And rest of shaheed's lives were a matter of time or for military graveyard consumption...Yes?
How you people come to think like that? Surprising.

That's what helicopters are for. Wish a speedy recovery to our pilot.

Not actually. @Imran Khan has valid point which is failed to hit @Icarus in its real meanings.

As for as we all here to discuss the developments there is need to understand point over contributors are sorting out. Wasn't better to send Bell Heli with counter firing Gun mounted support to rescue people? That was more suitable option then Eurocopter which has less suitability in active firing situation?

Question is to Any actual military contributor (Having minimum nature of praising armed forces to Zeus God level)
Critical analysis is needed.

I stand by what i said and this report says the same:

Military least corrupt institution: TIP

We should appreciate the good and point out the bad. We can say however that our opinions diverge on the military. I say yes there have been dictators, there was Yahya and Niazi who tore up the nation but I respect the ordinary soldier who sacrificed his life for nation and people.

No argument over bold part.
I stand with my words "More make up than actual combat professionalism"

It doesn't matter if they were in dozen number. This is still not huge

Were you expecting them to raise a Brigade and lay siege to the city? In any terrorist activity, 14 people equals to a very ambitious assault.

while They successfully penetrated airforce mosque and they killed dozen airforce personals which they aimed.

And yet they could not reach their intended target i.e: the living quarters. So what's your point? Should the military have picked the mosque up and placed it someplace safer? Maybe atop K2? Could there be anywhere safer than a military installation?

While our army & others speak lie infront of nation from first day.

What 'lie'?

Technical fault???
My foot. They again spoke lie.

Let me guess, your phupho's taya's aunty's son's daughter's classfellow's dad worked with a baker who once dealed with a peon who's brother is a sepoy who once served with a major who told him that it was so, right?

They never told us truth about security holes, Either from holy night of 27th Ramadan about kamra attack or peshwar attack during prayer time.

What do you expect them to do? Host a press conference and highlight vulnerabilities for the world to see? Are you in your senses?

All we see rants and story of such bravery after attacks which is to hide incometency to tackle threats like this, and to cover truth about security holes.

Bhai aap AK pakarain aur Pakistan fatah kar lain, hum toh bethay hi gallain karnay aur ghass kaatnay kayliye hain. Yeh 2008 say aaj tak joh halaat theek huay hain yeh Allah nay farishtay bhejay they aap ki command main unn ka kiya dhara hai.

Instead of punishing officer , they get rewards , and trends continues .

So would hanging the base commanders compel terrorists to not attack?

I know I might have come down hard on you but that is because I am sick of this baseless criticism of what was a text book success in terms of COIN Ops. If you have solid points, sure bring them on but this ''rondu'' attitude, bataya nahi, fauj humsay baat nahi karti, zarur kisi say affair chal raha hoga. This is all a load of crap.
This is a defence forum, quit turning it into a joke.

They dispatched whatever asset was on station and not all Bells are armed with a door mounted cannon.

And rest of shaheed's lives were a matter of time or for military graveyard consumption...Yes?
How you people come to think like that? Surprising.

Not actually. @Imran Khan has valid point which is failed to hit @Icarus in its real meanings.

As for as we all here to discuss the developments there is need to understand point over contributors are sorting out. Wasn't better to send Bell Heli with counter firing Gun mounted support to rescue people? That was more suitable option then Eurocopter which has less suitability in active firing situation?

Question is to Any actual military contributor (Having minimum nature of praising armed forces to Zeus God level)
Critical analysis is needed.

Wasn't better to send Bell Heli with counter firing Gun mounted support to rescue people? That was more suitable option then Eurocopter which has less suitability in active firing situation?

They had to send whatever they had at their disposal. Ideally a lot of things should have happened but then again, the terrorists didn't really give us an ultimatum by go by, did they? The Fennec was the bird available at short notice and was thus used.

No need to send armed helo when your just transferring the injured and the subject copter crash due to mechanical failure not because of firing from ground caz when helo crash no body alive on ground to fire at the helo they all killed before the crash.

And rest of shaheed's lives were a matter of time or for military graveyard consumption...Yes?"

How you people can even come up with such assumptions is what I wonder what drives such cynical and combative mentality. Looking for the negatives and jumping on them for your own personal pleasure.

Your mentality is what drives the media and their idiotic mongering, making up negative ideals for needless self appeasement.

How you people can even come up with such assumptions is what I wonder what drives such cynical and combative mentality. Looking for the negatives and jumping on them for your own personal pleasure.

Your mentality is what drives the media and their idiotic mongering, making up negative ideals for needless self appeasement.
wow I mean Internet is a wonderful thing we have people here who are teaching you miltiary tactics here after the event has passed already. telling you what asset should have been deployed and how the response should have been conducted.

reminds me of a program of Dr Shahid Masood narrated by himself when he went to Muzafarrabad during the Kashmir earthquake and says he started cursing military and its head in Muzaffarbad for his absence in the disaster centre .. he says as he was talking to the tv camera the Brigadier came over to him and said hello and told him quietly the reason he was not there at that time was that he was busy in the funeral of his own son who had died in the earthquake. he told him that off camera and requested him not to mention that and then detailed him about what army was doing and what he had told his officers.. Dr Shahid Masood says that he was not only speechless and embarrassed but also appropriated the commander who despite all the criticism made by Dr Masood out of ignorance not only didnt mind but kept his composure and briefed him about the relief efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom