What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

*Untested means it takes usually around 5-6 years for a new planes to see her full potential. e.g., f-22 still having issues. Mastan khan is a better person who can enlighten you on this for sure.

I didn't hear the JF-17 having issues like the F-22, which is a class apart and very advanced. It can be a capable plane.

*Even J-10 B is not out of the dock. How we assume that JF-17 will have AESA within a given span of time. well I replied this because some fan boys were claiming that it will be combo of typhoon and f-16

It'll take time for the JF-17 to evolve such that it benchmarks the Typhoon. AESA development and full integration into aircraft takes time and money.

* again you get your mathematics wrong
18 sanctioned prone f-16 is no match of 150+ su mki

The Americans wouldn't unless they conduct nuclear tests or actually use one against you, which is exactly what they want to prevent. So don't be surprised if additional F-16s are ordered by the Pakistanis. The J-10B is speculative at the moment.

Anyways, any Indo-Pak war in the future is unlikely. Both countries have time to look at their respective air forces, especially Pakistan since their economy isn't exactly in great shape.

Yes its untested , doesn't undermine its capabilities does it ?

Yes it isn't but it is being tested and considering the Chinese speed in doing things , it will be hit the skies sooner than MRCA winner delivers first aircraft

What exactly is sanction prone ? Do you think that they are blocked at all times and cant lock on to IAF ? :D What kinda logic is that ? Last time i checked , we had 60+ F16's not 18 so get your facts straight ... and the last time someone tried to infiltrate the Pakistani airspace , they got locked over and had to return back :P So ?

:rofl: I am not underestimating it's capabilities but you can't deny the fact that a aircraft takes atleast 6 years to achieve it's full capabilities and again it is made in china

I wish you all the best but jf-17 -2 against MCRA is too much to ask considering that we will be having 272 su 30 mki and 45 naval version mig along with upgrded aircrafts

Dear friends -- you need to contact santro to understand the meaning of sanctioned prone-- how many sorties F-16 can make without spares ??

I was talking about the f-16 block 52-- you have only 18 of them

IMO, Biggest disadvantage for Pakistan - All PAF airbases are only 100-200KM away from our border. In full-fledge war, it would be very easy to target airbases. Even 3 Regiment of Brahmos is already deployed on western side which has 300 KM range with Mach speed close to 3. Even Phalocon AWACS with range 300-400KM and BVR Missiles can cover all airbases without even entering Pakistan in order to target any of her assets.

pakistan-map-airbase.gif

As for India, Our many primary forward bases are more than 1,000 KM away like Bareilley, Pune, Gwalior, Chennai, Agra, Hindon. North-East, South bases are almost 3,000Km away. Even CBG will be 2,000-3,000 Km Away. With 2 Engine jets like MKI and MMRCA it would be easy to fly 5,000 KM with triple quantity of BVR Missiles vis-a-vis Pakistan.

PAF will always be defensive and can not match IAF in any case.

I didn't hear the JF-17 having issues like the F-22, which is a class apart and very advanced. It can be a capable plane.

It'll take time for the JF-17 to evolve such that it benchmarks the Typhoon. AESA development and full integration into aircraft takes time and money.

The Americans wouldn't unless they conduct nuclear tests or actually use one against you, which is exactly what they want to prevent.

Anyways, any Indo-Pak war in the future is unlikely. Both countries have time to look at their respective air forces, especially Pakistan since their economy isn't exactly in great shape.

The essence of my post was jf-17 can't stand against the established platform that IAF operates -- su 30 mki, mig 29. jaguars. mirage 2000. they are already established and battle proven. IAF has conducted a lot of exercises to develop the platform.

U said it time and money-- we will be on the other level by that time

America had sanctioned pakistan and india during 1965 and 1971 war . this is there official line. they get this plane because of WoT to fight against terrorists not against India.

I hope sanity prevails

yeah--- do you forget you were halved in 1971

and my dear boy you forget the 1000 years of muslim domination of India which created the deep rooted inferiority complex in hindus and your chest thumping is simply a way to compensate for such complexes. Go just read up on basic pscyhology. A little bit of history will also help. Nations with the biggest and best weapons have not always been the victors. This is especially true in case of the Indian sub-continent. You and your compatriots are falling into the same trap which led to that long foreign domination of your country that I just spoke about. Even the biggest superpowers have had their a$$es kicked by a bunch of semi-literate guys with an AK, few pieces of nan and a bottle of water.

Avionics testing has begun in China ... Check the JFT thread before posting crap ...
And who's talking about 50 JFT ? Pakistan has a confirmed order of 250 JF 17 to replace all its existing aircraft which may very well go upto 300 ... Yes it is , but JFT is extremely close to MIG 29 and the Block 2 coming with AESA and other goodies will surely give MKI a tough time ... By the way , we have F16 BLK 52 to counter MKI at the moment so no need to worry
come on man thats a overkill jf 17 is a standard no nonsense plane accepted it can stand
jaguar( though they now have potent bvr but aircraft wise they are ground attack so...)
lca (can't say about lca mk2 heard they are acually making it eqivalent to f16 blk52 israeli source )
mig29 (to some extent depends upon pilot and ground realities )
may be mirage 2000 (though can't be sure after this new upgrade )
no chance in (pure tech terms of-course )with su30 mki and new mmrca ( anyone)

The essence of my post was jf-17 can't stand against the established platform that IAF operates -- su 30 mki, mig 29. jaguars. mirage 2000. they are already established and battle proven. IAF has conducted a lot of exercises to develop the platform.

SU MKI, Mig 29s have not been tested in Battle. Use of M2K in Libya or Kargill is hardly battle testing. Lets not even talk about Jaguars, they will be lucky if they get off the ground with a full load due to their power plant deficiencies. Also our nukes have not been battle tested and we would love to test them in a real battle.

Yar tu samjh nahi raha hay uss ka matlab.... Woh kehna chah raha hay PAF kya PLAAF bhi IAF ke aage kuch nahi aur jab MRCA a jaye ga tu sub ke aise kam taise ho jai ge..

Guys undoubtedly IAF comes at number 3...... Cant put IAF at number 1 because of USAF and RAF.

Now happy......

Seriosly PAF is no match but PLAAF is a different game altogether they have the numbers to act both offensively and defensively to target our assets and at the same time defend it but PAF can't enjoy the number game.

By the way .. thanks for appreciation

A Jaguar? Seriously?

The others are all light/medium combat aircraft, 4th generation. They can be more or less capable.

Now generally speaking, heavier fighters like the F-15 and SU-30 are superior for air superiority operations compared to lighter ones. So that is a good bet.

America had sanctioned pakistan and india during 1965 and 1971 war . this is there official line. they get this plane because of WoT to fight against terrorists not against India.

I hope sanity prevails

They can still rely on the Turks with whom they have good relations with for a long time. PAF's F-16s are going to be upgraded by TAI, and some packages from the Americans.

It was Turkey that helped Pakistan to enable its F-16s to be in the air by providing spares and perhaps helping them being more self-sufficient.

You don't always need advanced fighters to counter insurgents. One can even kill them with Spitfires.

America's decision to provide additional F-16s along with kits and permission for upgrades is to minimize the chances of a nuclear war going off between you two, because they already know that India has the advantage in conventional war.

Even one of your leading media outlets reported on this.
The Hindu : News : Behind the Pakistan F-16 deal, a tale of many wheels

:rofl: aa gaye na sahi raste per :rofl:

su 30 mi and other aircrafts are proven platforms . IAF has done extensively exercises with many foreign countries.

Dude why do you forget the number factor ?? any problem with maths ?? we need only two good day to remind you 1971.

We know about those exercises, where the Americans were publicly making fun of the SUs and Indian pilots. Its on U tube, check it out. If you guys are so good why didn't you do any thing after the Parliment Attack or Mumbai Attack. We are still sitting on the hills that you guys supposedly recaptured in Kargil. Lot of hot air but no balls. All Bollywood fiction.

A Jaguar? Seriously?

The JF-17 can stand against the MiG-29 and the Mirage-2000. All are light/medium combat aircraft, 4th generation.

Now generally speaking, heavier fighters like the F-15 and SU-30 are superior for air superiority operations compared to lighter ones. So that is a good bet.

They can still rely on the Turks with whom they have good relations with for a long time. PAF's F-16s are going to be upgraded by TAI, and some packages from the Americans.

It was Turkey that helped Pakistan to enable its F-16s to be in the air by providing spares and perhaps helping them being more self-sufficient.

You don't always need advanced fighters to counter insurgents. One can even kill them with Spitfires.

America's decision to provide additional F-16s along with kits and permission for upgrades is to minimize the chances of a nuclear war going off between you two, because they already know that India has the advantage in conventional war.

Even one of your leading media outlets reported on this.
The Hindu : News : Behind the Pakistan F-16 deal, a tale of many wheels

Again my friend-- jaguars, mig and mirage and tested and proven platform. JF-17 will take it sweet time to reach the maturity and numbers. In current scenario I don't think 26 jf-17 can stand against 120 jaguars forget about the rest of our inventory.

America has the ownership of F-16. Turks can't mess with US if US don't want-- it will put their future acquisitions of latest weapons in jeopardy.

lastly, you have proved my point that PAF is no match of IAF even without MCRA

@Indians: my friends please accept we are inducted MKI and inducting MMRCA to counter F-16's, and mighty JF-17 block-1,2.... hope typhoon can stand against Thunders.

We know about those exercises, where the Americans were publicly making fun of the SUs and Indian pilots. Its on U tube, check it out. If you guys are so good why didn't you do any thing after the Parliment Attack or Mumbai Attack. We are still sitting on the hills that you guys supposedly recaptured in Kargil. Lot of hot air but no balls. All Bollywood fiction.

don't post offtopic rants... thanks

again JF-17 stuff.

a fighter which cost low than any other fighter and can counter mig-29 , mirage and su-30mki,but still no customer other than Pakistan.

No answer for for bold part and please dnt include Pakistan cause they dnt have any other choice

No, don't retreat.... PLAAF has only 100 Su 30 MKK and you have 270 (altho at present 130). PLAAF has only 190 J10 and J10 according to you are good for nothing still in experimental phases... Rest of PLAAF stuff is junk, right? I cant understand why PLAAF is a different game... IAF is good at tech. Baqi saray Aweeeeen.

Topic is about PAF not PLAAF.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

LCA - no customers not even IAF

We are not saying LCA can counter J-10, but some people countering MKI vd Thunders in PDF.

Back
Top Bottom