What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

I think the best move for Pakistan would be to go further in developing JF-17 by bringing in the future buyers of JF-17 as partners. I am not knowledgable of technicalities so i am only speaking project per se. Already Jf-17 is a 4+ generation aircraft and from what i see it has a small body just like our LCA. Since it is not a Delta wing and size is small, with the future buyers joining in as partners may be u could develop it in to a 5th gen platform by developing Avionics and all that stuff (don't know if i am saying it correct). My reasoning for this is that if F-15 a 30 year old fighter could be developed in to F-15 SE and so many showing interest why can't a relatively new plane like JF-17 not do that.
In this way Pakistan will also become self-reliant and not required to ask USA for anything.

o_rly.jpg

:lol::lol:

-*--------------------------*-
lol....just kidding...nice suggestion btw :D

I think the best move for Pakistan would be to go further in developing JF-17 by bringing in the future buyers of JF-17 as partners. I am not knowledgable of technicalities so i am only speaking project per se. Already Jf-17 is a 4+ generation aircraft and from what i see it has a small body just like our LCA. Since it is not a Delta wing and size is small, with the future buyers joining in as partners may be u could develop it in to a 5th gen platform by developing Avionics and all that stuff (don't know if i am saying it correct). My reasoning for this is that if F-15 a 30 year old fighter could be developed in to F-15 SE and so many showing interest why can't a relatively new plane like JF-17 not do that.
In this way Pakistan will also become self-reliant and not required to ask USA for anything.

Not every plane is convertable into Stealth....( I wonder people get amazed by JFX and F-15SE).....Every 5th Gen uptill now is a unique experience....so it may not be possible to convert JFT into stealth fighter...rather its RCS may be lowered by Redesign......

J 10 is the best available answer to any of indiaqn MRCA aquasation it is as good as EF not equaly matched. but what ever lackness will be filled with pilot's intelligence but PAF need to them in numbers well im very satisfied with PAF work till now

Super falcon

When you say Pilot inteligence can overcome the J10 weakness in front of say a F18S/H or Typhoon,,,, I ASSUME you mean he,ll be smart and he,ll avoid the conlict or run for cover.

or did you mean something else

China’s PLA opens up to show off J10, its first indigenous fighter jet - Times Online

China’s first indigenous fighter, the J10 is not entirely home-made. It is believed to be loosely based on the early-generation US F16. Israel helped at the start with aspects of avionics and aerodynamics until it was warned off by Washington. Earlier models were equipped with Russian jet turbines, complicating future sales potential.

One military expert said: “For this type of third-generation aircraft it’s a serious plane. It’s very good. But it is still equivalent only to an early F16.”

What I can't get is...if JF 17 is the maximum that you can field against IAF...your top combat jet (excluding the limited nos. of higher block F 16s) take on LCA with great difficulty, probably lose hands down with MMRCA, little chance against Su 30, no chance against Pak Fa/AMCA...why have an airforce then? To take on the Bisons?

What I can't get is...if JF 17 is the maximum that you can field against IAF...your top combat jet (excluding the limited nos. of higher block F 16s) take on LCA with great difficulty, probably lose hands down with MMRCA, little chance against Su 30, no chance against Pak Fa/AMCA...why have an airforce then? To take on the Bisons?

Nice you have every thing superb out of this world and Pakistan has all junk. We understand this now would you please leave this thread and if possible this forum also.

:disagree:

Nice you have every thing superb out of this world and Pakistan has all junk. We understand this now would you please leave this thread and if possible this forum also.

Now Thats what you call " Bari Izzat say Bazati Karna".:lol:. but yea, this guy is ranting without knowledge and without thinking from his brain, wait a sec, does he have one??

Instead of posting vague nonsense maybe u could spend time explaning:

a. Why all reports current in media portray JF 17 to be largely a 4th gen fighter (at max). Stuff like AESA & Composite airframe are speculative, haven't yet seen the firm plans. Haven't got clarity on the avionics after the french problem (doemistic production is no answer-production of what and how it compares to what you may have got)

b. The closest in your family of fighters in comparison to MMRCA contenders is F 16. However, the F 16 IN (MMRCA contender) is a different animal in comparison to even Block 50/60 (AESA Supercruise, TVC). While my contention is that JF 17 is probably in the range of F 16 early blocks, even if I go by the logic that you will (somehow) get it up to the caliber of the later F 16 jets, I still don't see how it will measure up to MRCA (therefore point B)

c. Su 30...ahem

d. Pak Fa...ahem ahem

Plus no word on strategic planning beyond JF 17. So one will naturally assume that JF 17 will remain priority for a looong time. Anything beyond that, even if you start now will take what a decade for you, even if you start working fast?

Please note that this thread is dedicated to tackling a medium level threat. NoT the dominant CURRENT threat (Su 30) nor the expected dominant future threat (Pak Fa)

Instead of posting vague nonsense maybe u could spend time explaning:

a. Why all reports current in media portray JF 17 to be largely a 4th gen fighter (at max). Stuff like AESA & Composite airframe are speculative, haven't yet seen the firm plans. Haven't got clarity on the avionics after the french problem (doemistic production is no answer-production of what and how it compares to what you may have got)

b. The closest in your family of fighters in comparison to MMRCA contenders is F 16. However, the F 16 IN (MMRCA contender) is a different animal in comparison to even Block 50/60 (AESA Supercruise, TVC). While my contention is that JF 17 is probably in the range of F 16 early blocks, even if I go by the logic that you will (somehow) get it up to the caliber of the later F 16 jets, I still don't see how it will measure up to MRCA (therefore point B)

c. Su 30...ahem

d. Pak Fa...ahem ahem

Plus no word on strategic planning beyond JF 17. So one will naturally assume that JF 17 will remain priority for a looong time. Anything beyond that, even if you start now will take what a decade for you, even if you start working fast?

Please note that this thread is dedicated to tackling a medium level threat. NoT the dominant CURRENT threat (Su 30) nor the expected dominant future threat (Pak Fa)

I can answer to your objections but I consider it futile based on the fact that we have been doing this for long time. The questions you are asking have been answered many a times by different members but you keep on bringing them with some change of words. We aren't here to play neelam ghar with the fan boys and the youth from India. Things have been answered and issues have been resolved to a greater extent. But if you keep bringing same BS with slight change of words and than expect us to answer them. SORRY we aren't going to do that. If your intentions are good and if you really want to learn something check the sticky and running threads. They would resolve your 99% queries.

And I also request to other senior members not to answer such rants because we have had enough of them.

I can answer to your objections but I consider it futile based on the fact that we have been doing this for long time. The questions you are asking have been answered many a times by different members but you keep on bringing them with some change of words. We aren't here to play neelam ghar with the fan boys and the youth from India. Things have been answered and issues have been resolved to a greater extent. But if you keep bringing same BS with slight change of words and than expect us to answer them. SORRY we aren't going to do that. If your intentions are good and if you really want to learn something check the sticky and running threads. They would resolve your 99% queries.

And I also request to other senior members not to answer such rants because we have had enough of them.

Sorry dude. No query has been answered convincingly by anyone. In the meantime good luck with your AF. I can see it 'shaping' up.

Sorry dude. No query has been answered convincingly by anyone. In the meantime good luck with your AF. I can see it 'shaping' up.

Because of your ranting intentions you may have problem getting your queries solved. Keep those intentions aside and your queries would be answered. Your posts show you haven't read any posts of senior members or browse through previous threads. Anyways do think for a second or two when you post something. And yeah we already have good luck with our air force.

It is enough to shake up someone with it's surgical strike dreams.

:)

Because of your ranting intentions you may have problem getting your queries solved. Keep those intentions aside and your queries would be answered. Your posts show you haven't read any posts of senior members or browse through previous threads. Anyways do think for a second or two when you post something. And yeah we already have good luck with our air force.

It is enough to shake up someone with it's surgical strike dreams.

:)
Oh I have alright, all the way down to the pictures of the avionics to the speculations on the engine to what not. I'm sure YOUR queries were all resolved to thhe fullesy extent possible.

Back
Top Bottom