What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

IAF is looking for a multi role MMRCA whose particular strength is ATTACK/STRIKE performance.

NOT A2A. IAF already have the best most advanced A2A fighter in South Asia with the su30mki.

This requirement for strike fighter is too replace the MIG27M currently nos of 120. MMRCA is 126 PLANES minimum vy 2020.

For this reason F18 S/H followed by Rafael and then F16IN have been the 3 front runnners.

F18/SH will win because of 5 reasons posted below.

1. It has the best strike performance of all 6 contenders in MMRCA
2. Price wise it is cheaper than both Typhoon and rafael
3. In service til 2030 WITH usa And allies
4. USA/ INDIA long term strategic alliance is dependant on America winning MMRCA
5. usa will grant india 50% TOT with no restrictions on use

All will be revealed during barack obamas state visit to india in November 2010-

The question remains.

What will PAFs answer be to 230 su30mki + 126 F18 super hornets. E/F >????????

IAF is looking for a multi role MMRCA whose particular strength is ATTACK/STRIKE performance.

NOT A2A. IAF already have the best most advanced A2A fighter in South Asia with the su30mki.

This requirement for strike fighter is too replace the MIG27M currently nos of 120. MMRCA is 126 PLANES minimum vy 2020.

For this reason F18 S/H followed by Rafael and then F16IN have been the 3 front runnners.

F18/SH will win because of 5 reasons posted below.

1. It has the best strike performance of all 6 contenders in MMRCA
2. Price wise it is cheaper than both Typhoon and rafael
3. In service til 2030 WITH usa And allies
4. USA/ INDIA long term strategic alliance is dependant on America winning MMRCA

All will be revealed during barack obamas state visit to india in November 2010-

F/A 18 is indeed the best suited for the MRCA role and is definitely ahead of the Rafale. In my view the only problem is its country of origin and the issues it brings.

First of all, the sale would have to be approved by the Congress. Though going by the recent Indo-US Nuke deal that shouldnt be a problem, but you never know.

Secondly, the sale would come with some restrictions. Though the AESA radar and the ToT issues have been tackled there might be certain limiting restrictions put by US.

Thirdly, there's always the threat of sanctions and its effect on availability of spares.

Last but not the least, the Left is still strong in certain pockets in India and together with a desperate opposition they can make a huge issue out of "selling out to the Yanks."

If all the above issues are sorted out, I would love to see the Hornet in the Saffron, White and Green. :tup:

aahhh, good to be seeing you back, i remember to have suspended you, couldn't resist the temptation to miss Pakistan bashing :)

Yea I said 2 months and you banned me for 2 days :angry: ..should i use some racial comments to get a ban now :tongue: ...

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Yaar don't say such things, thread will get flooded by you know who, and will get derailed.

Simple ans is, Pakistan is doing nothing to counter Indian MKIs & MRCAs or Pak Fa. Let them have a field day with such news.

Hey come on yaar.start a dicussion..what will be the possible counter of PAF..any future possible buy to counter it?

Walay dai tor kuno na yaregay sa?

I just stated about the PAF and IAF... Don't remember any one from PAF surrendering to anyone, however it did give a nice spanking to the IAF as usual.

As long as MRCA is concerned can anyone tell me how many MRCAs have been inducted into the IAF?

... Exactly! When you come to a decision then come here to our forum and ask what PAF's reply gonna be... But whatever its gonna be you will be crying as usual cry babies.

Hey come on yaar.start a dicussion..what will be the possible counter of PAF..any future possible buy to counter it?

Yaar 600+ posts have gone by and this same discussion is going on.

What else left to talk about.

India will have air superiority, they will win the air war, Pakistan kae Allah hi Hafiz. :cheesy:

Still as you are a friend, simple answer.

F-16s & J-10s are gonna be fielded against the MKIs & MRCA winner, it doesn't matters what quality they are of, but PAF has the confidence in them and are setting them to counter these 2 jets.

JF-17s are gonna be for rest of the fleet.

Hopefully Pak-Fa will also get a counter too.

Beside that, PAF has many other programs and plans, but all of them depend on the availability of resources and sellers.

T
But it was my understanding that one of the prime requirements for the MRCA would be to have TOT. Will that happen if the IAF goes the Typhoon route?

Also wasn't the IAF looking for something that would fall between the LCA (Teja) and HCA (MKI) in capability?

My own gut feeling would be that Rafael (will come with full TOT if selected) or SH foots the bill of requirements more than the Typhoon ... unless the requirements have been revised (then Typhoon makes more sense).

Sorry for going off topic ... just wanted to share my views on this.

Regards

Hi aliyusuf, you are right, although EF is superior to MKI, there is no need for IAF to field another air superiority fighter. The competition is for multi role fighters and they even field dedicated weapon trials, which makes clear that not only A2A weapons are important. In this field as you correctly pointed out the Rafale and the F18SH are the clear front runners, while EF is very limited.
EF is also offered whith high ammount of ToT, as well as source codes, even the engine is on offer for LCA MK2, not to mention good economical advantages, but its operational limitations will make it not useful for IAF! That alone will be a major problem, besides the cost factor of course, because it is a very expensive fighter.

These points are wrong, because there are several other competitions running, where the US have good chances to win and because the problems with P8I, C130 regarding secure comunications, shows that the US have several restrictions, even if it is only a transport aircraft. So when it comes to a figher, things will be even more diffiucult and 50% ToT is also more than doubtful.

Regarding PAF, I know several Pakistani members wants to reduce the dependence on the US, but on the other hand they are also more than happy about new F16 Block 52s.
So now lets pretend IAF will go for an European fighter in MMRCA and the US would offer F18SH, possibly as a replacement for older Mirage fighters, would that be interesting?

Exellent strike capabilities, long range AESA radar, twin engine fighter with long range and maritime patrol capabilies. It is not deniable, that it would fit to J10Bs and numbers of JF 17 and F16s behind them. Not to forget, that from all twin engine fighters in the MMRCA competition, the F18SH is the cheapest one that would be available for PAF.

Regarding PAF, I know several Pakistani members wants to reduce the dependence on the US, but on the other hand they are also more than happy about new F16 Block 52s.
So now lets pretend IAF will go for an European fighter in MMRCA and the US would offer F18SH, possibly as a replacement for older Mirage fighters, would that be interesting?

Exellent strike capabilities, long range AESA radar, twin engine fighter with long range and maritime patrol capabilies. It is not deniable, that it would fit to J10Bs and numbers of JF 17 and F16s behind them. Not to forget, that from all twin engine fighters in the MMRCA competition, the F18SH is the cheapest one that would be available for PAF.

Sir F-18's were offered to PAF by US way back in 80's along with f-16's PAF had test flight both aircrafts but at the end PAF opted for f-16' instead of f-18's because PAF doctrine is based upon single engine fighters easy to maintain and operate . So i doubt PAF will go for them even if they are offered by US

Back
Top Bottom