What's new

PAF vs. IAF fighter fleet technology comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently Russia have changed its position regarding selling weapons to Pakistan, it can be beneficial for PAF as they can ask for J-1X 4.5+ gen fighter from China in require numbers.

Recently Russia have changed its position regarding selling weapons to Pakistan, it can be beneficial for PAF as they can ask for J-1X 4.5+ gen fighter from China in require numbers.

you have failed to get J10B and ended up with vintage f-16 from jordan. Do you tell us how many new jets pakistan has added since 2000.

IAF is better as it can both defend and do offensives into Pakistan whereas PAF main doctrine is to protect its own skies and so if it can do at least that it would be deemed successful in any potential conflict. Not to mention India has more money to pour into its air force whereas Pakistan is dirt broke so it has limited options.

you have failed to get J10B and ended up with vintage f-16 from jordan. Do you tell us how many new jets pakistan has added since 2000.

PAF's interest is reduced in J-10B as threat perception is evolving and changing, J-10B/FC20 were sorted out to counter Rafael threat because these planes are also going to replace Mig-27s and PAF is very concerned about the capability it adds to IAF in terms of stike with very good self defense capability, also PAF is short in front line fighter so FC20 was sorted out, but time has passed and still Rafael is not inducted and PAF is not getting the desired funds, one more thing which is felt by PAF is the capability IN is getting in terms of air power and what IN & IAF combined can pose, therefore PAF is keen to have long range fighter jet which can go deep in ocean and stay at station for considerable time, this capability will provide PAF capacity to provide air cover to sea and air assets of PN specially P-3s.

Those vintage F-16 will become very potent when they will be upgraded to block-50/52 standard, don't worry PAF will no put a less capable F-16 against IAF in any future conflict.

Did I even say that??

What I like about PAF is they knew their weaknesses and every time they come up with stuff which can reduce the gap to the extent where they can deny air dominance to IAF.

its just that i keep hearing these things from the fanboys often. "IAF planes are better but PAF pilots will best them using awesome skill".

IAF is better as it can both defend and do offensives into Pakistan whereas PAF main doctrine is to protect its own skies and so if it can do at least that it would be deemed successful in any potential conflict. Not to mention India has more money to pour into its air force whereas Pakistan is dirt broke so it has limited options.

Historically, it is the PAF that has conducted pre-emptive strikes over india in the first round of a battle, 65 is the best example.

its just that i keep hearing these things from the fanboys often. "IAF planes are better but PAF pilots will best them using awesome skill".

Did I claim that what you have said?? What I have said is on knowledge I have, and it is based on reading material, having discussions with PAF personal, and also had worked for Ministry of defense.

any counter to very near induction of indias own tejas fleet? since it wud be cheap coz of indigenisation and no tension over spare parts. so the quantity advantage will also be inclined towards IA

GOD knows when that "near" will come, no future candidates only current ones.

Historically, it is the PAF that has conducted pre-emptive strikes over india in the first round of a battle, 65 is the best example.

Cruise missiles will do that in any future conflict.

will those future upgraded F-16s match indo-russia jointly produced FGFA?

No, and if thing continue to be like today and Rafaels got delayed, PAF may go directly to 5th gen fighter skiping FC20 or any J-1X option.

In future current F-16 fleet avionics may be further upgraded if required, it all depends what situation arise in future.

Those vintage F-16 will become very potent when they will be upgraded to block-50/52 standard, don't worry PAF will no put a less capable F-16 against IAF in any future conflict.

how ? some of them are more than 30 yrs old. this is just fanboyish thing to say that all of them will be upgraded to f-16 block 52. look at the IAF modernizing plan. we are getting super mki, mig 29 and mirage 2000 are on the way of up-gradation.

how ? some of them are more than 30 yrs old. this is just fanboyish thing to say that all of them will be upgraded to f-16 block 52. look at the IAF modernizing plan. we are getting super mki, mig 29 and mirage 2000 are on the way of up-gradation.

Ask UK and Saudi Typhoon pilots how they felt when PAF f-16s got them in WVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom