What's new

PAF Vs IAF Command and Control Systems

After successful launching and operation of BADR series of experimental satellites (BADR-1 and BADR-B) in the 1990s and early 2000s, SUPARCO now plans to launch high resolution remote sensing satellite system (RSSS) to meet the national and international user requirements in the field of satellite imagery.

A feasibility and system definition study was concluded in January 2007 which recommended the launch of a constellation of Optical and Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Satellites to ensure that the domestic and international user requirements are competitively met. In this respect the RFP for RSSS consultancy services was launched in July 2007. Launch of RFP for the manufacturing of the satellite is planned in the third quarter of year 2008.

RSSS is planned to be a progressive and sustainable program. Initially, SUPARCO plans to launch an optical satellite with payload of 2.5 meter PAN in 700 km sun-synchronous orbit by the end of year 2011, which will be followed by a series of optical and SAR satellites in future. Necessary infrastructure for ground control and image reception and processing is also planned to be setup.

Air Force Network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Air Force Network (AFNet) is a Indian Air Force (IAF) owned, operated and managed modern, state-of-the-art, fully secure and reliable network and gigabyte digital information grid. The AFNet replaces the Indian Air Force's (IAF) old communication network set-up using the tropo-scatter technology of the 1950s making it a true net-centric combat force. The IAF project is part of the overall mission to network all three services, that is The Indian Army, The Indian Navy and The Indian Air Force. Defence Minister of India Shri AK Antony inaugurated the IAF's the AFNET on 14 September 2010 dedicating it to the people of India, for their direct or indirect participation in the communication revolution

Integrated Air Command and Control System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Integrated Air Command and Control System (IACCS)

Integrated Air Command and Control System (IACCS)of Indian Air Force is an automated command and control system for Air Defence (AD) operations will ride the Air Force Network (AFNET) AFNet backbone integrating all ground-based and airborne sensors, AD weapon systems and C2 nodes. Subsequent integration with other services networks and civil radars will provide an integrated Air Situation Picture to operators to carry out AD role. [1]

Through the IACCS, IAF will connect all of its space, air and ground assets quickly, for total awareness of a region. This will offer connectivity for all the ground platforms and airborne platforms, as a part of the network centricity of IAF. The IACCS also facilitates real-time transport of images, data and voice, amongst satellites, aircraft and ground stations. [2]

I think this is VS thread so any thing like this in PAF ???

Last edited:
Integrated Space Cell

An Integrated Space Cell, which will be jointly operated by all the three services of the Indian armed forces, the civilian Department of Space and the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has been set up to utilize more effectively the country's space-based assets for military purposes and to look into threats to these assets.[7][8] This command will leverage space technology including satellites. Unlike an aerospace command, where the air force controls most of its activities, the Integrated Space Cell envisages cooperation and coordination between the three services as well as civilian agencies dealing with space.[70]

India currently has 11 remote sensing satellites in orbit. Though most are not meant to be dedicated military satellites, some have a spacial resolution of 1 metre or below which can be also used for military applications. Noteworthy satellites include the Technology Experiment Satellite (TES) which has a panchromatic camera (PAN) with a resolution of 1 metre,[71] the RISAT-2 which is capable of imaging in all-weather conditions and has a resolution of one metre,[72] the CARTOSAT-2, CARTOSAT-2A[73] (a dedicated military satellite)[74] and CARTOSAT-2B[75] which carries a panchromatic camera which has a resolution of 80 centimetres (black and white only).

Integrated Space Cell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Indian Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Our Integrated command and control system went operation back in the 90's..now its upgraded..
The AF has a new network now as well..compatible with the Army's new network that will come online in about two years..
So yes we do
Yes we do..
We just dont put it on wiki for show and tell.

Our Integrated command and control system went operation back in the 90's..now its upgraded..
The AF has a new network now as well..compatible with the Army's new network that will come online in about two years..
So yes we do
Yes we do..
We just dont put it on wiki for show and tell.

Why you taking it personally

We are here distressing about Command and Control systems of IAF & PAF

And about your last line :rofl:

paksat1r-01.jpg

paksat1r-02.jpg

By the end of 2011, Pakistan plans to replace PAKSAT-1 with a new communication satellite PAKSAT-1R which will be manufactured exclusively for Pakistan. The satellite will support all conventional and modern Fixed Satellite Service (FSS) applications. The satellite will have a total of up to 30 transponders: 18 in Ku-band and 12 in C-band. To ensure high degree of reliability / availability of the system, two (02) fully redundant Satellite Ground Control Stations (SGCS) would be established in Karachi and Lahore, one to act as the Main and the other as Backup respectively.

This will contribute to our Armed Forces SATCOM abilities

Just operating some satellite does not mean it can be used by military. Give some sources that it is for military.

Why you taking it personally

We are here distressing about Command and Control systems of IAF & PAF

And about your last line :rofl:

Distressing?

That was a typo..
But distressing ??:P
Yes I am very distressed.. not about command and control systems though.. Ive been suspected of cancer.. but thank you for cheering me up..

My last line is about most Indian's favorite freely editable source..
Dont you guys have something other than wiki..not that its bad.. that your force structure..equipment..everything is available online..
it just gets a little monotonic with wiki..
It would have been nice to have a more detailed article on Afnet than a two paragraph wiki entry.

How good our Command and control system is?

Ans: Aircrafts loaded with weapons coming for 'Surgical Strikes' didn't even dare to challenge PAF and RAN AWAY .

UAVs by one of the best manufacturer shot down in no time.

Do i need to say more.

COMPARISION OF PAF AND IAF HIGH LEVEL SENSORS​

This is the comparision based on data gathered so far

PAF High level Sensors

TPS-77
th_125727.jpg

VERA
vera5.jpg

YLC-2
YLC-2-Semi-Mobile-Radar-1S.jpg

TPS-43
20090326184153!AN-TPS-43.jpg

IAF High level Sensors

GreenPine Radar
EL-M-2080_Green_Pine.jpg

Sword Fish Radar
EL-M-2080_Super_Green_Pine.gif

ST 68U
STS68_003.jpg

THD 1955
THD_003.jpg

Once again both sides have a wide variety of high level sesors. IAF sensors have more range which gives them a strategic advantage. PAF has Vera which can identify targets which gives Pakistan a tactical edge. For both countries the area of interest in the high level regime is pretty well lit up.

Please add any radar if I have missed any. I have deliberately not added weapon control radars. .

Silent hawk, Vera again? Did not DBC told you how it operates? Is there any link that PAF bought it? No. Is there any pic or link that PAF has YLC-2?

The Green pine and sword fish can track satellites what is the altitude of PAF radars?

How good our Command and control system is?

Ans: Aircrafts loaded with weapons coming for 'Surgical Strikes' didn't even dare to challenge PAF and RAN AWAY .

UAVs by one of the best manufacturer shot down in no time.

Do i need to say more.

lol Our Mirages freely roam over your sky and you just watch. Do I need to say more? :P

Pakistan govt's promise to bring the culprits will be brought under justice thats why they did not bomb. The case is still going in lahore high court check it. :rolleyes:

lol Our Mirages freely roam over your sky and you just watch. Do I need to say more? :P

Pakistan govt's promise to bring the culprits will be brought under justice thats why they did not bomb. The case is still going in lahore high court check it. :rolleyes:

really?.. they freely roamed the skies..
Were they surrendering or something?

Bomb?.. id love to see how they would have managed that?..
And there were NO mirages..there were Su-30's on a probing mission..with their famed israeli jammers..
and were met right at the border..by interceptors..locked on..tailed in..but the ROE's did not allow for engagement.
In other words..they are alive because we wanted a diplomatic solution to the crises...they are alive because the GoI had saner heads prevailing..

PAF C4I system already posted in post below

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/82343-paf-vs-iaf-command-control-systems-5.html#post1303685

Pakistan is quite advanced in this field besides the system given in the thread above a c4I system has also been developed by Air Weapon Complex Pakistan. Details of this system are available in the following thread.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/30580-c4i-air-defense-automation-system.html

Pakistan infact is so advance in this field that it was selling C4I systems as far back as 2005.

AWC Pakistan's air defence system inaugurated in Dhaka
BUSINESS RECORDER

ISLAMABAD (March 18 2005): Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Begum Khalida Zia inaugurated the Air Defence Control and Command (ADCC) System prepared by Air Weapon Complex (AWC), Pakistan in Dhaka on Thursday. The inaugural ceremony was attended by AWC team led by Director General AWC Air Vice-Marshal Raja Tariq Mehmood. Bangladesh had floated a tender for Air Defence Automation System with Integrated War gaming for Bangladesh Air Forces. AWC's technical and financial proposal was deemed as the most attractive and a contract was signed between AWC and Bangladesh Government in June 2003.

AWC a constituent organisation of National Engineering & Scientific Commission (NESCOM) also conducted comprehensive and detailed operational maintenance training of Bangladesh Air Force personnel in Pakistan. Additionally, an ongoing training program was also conducted in Bangladesh.

As a fresh milestone in its journey of glory, AWC has succeeded in indigenous development of Command & Control System. AWC does not depend on any foreign company for supply or support, hence ensuring an un-interruptible supply, support and maintenance of the system.

The salient feature of this system is its reliability under all weather and geographical conditions. It provides the commander an instant update of all developments in the battle or concentration area.

The system's competence, reliability, mobility and all weather friendliness proven during its trials deeply impressed Bangladesh and AWC's aggressive marketing persuaded Bangladesh to purchase the system for its Air Force.

Air Weapons Complex (AWC) is an enterprising young organisation with its roots going back to 1992. Although, still a nascent organisation, it has established itself as a leader in the field of support systems and air defence for the Armed Forces of Pakistan

When did that happen? Whatever your smoking, please share it with me cause i am really bored today and wouldn't mind smoking up something nice. The reason why IAF didn't carry our surgical strikes is because any strike would have drawn out retaliatory strike from PAF, but to carry out a strike your strike package would need to cross the border where PAF interceptors would be waiting for you ;).

Silent hawk..
dont bother with the links..
You could show twins to some cynics and they will still come back asking for a birth certificate to see if they were really twins...
they will come at birth..at the tenth birthday..at graduation..even after the twins are dead.

However..the vera was tested..not ordered.

Back
Top Bottom