What's new

PAF Tranier Crash In D.I Khan Pilot Also Killed

@Windjammer what surprises me that media says it was Mirage-V because they are meant for Maritime Strike role so what that bird doing in D.I. Khan?? also low flying Mirages are very dangerous now as pilot don't have many control surfaces to control air craft in case of any mishap. Mirage is very unforgiving in those kind of situations.
Mirage -V DPA are dual seaters where as VPA-3s are dedicated maritime strike aircraft.
Under adverse conditions, any aircraft can malfunction however the escape mechanism in Mirages must be under scrutiny.

There's no doubt that all the last Mirage crashes have been fatal but surely sir, you don't think after using it for some fifty years, PAF hasn't got the timing right. !!

Hi,

I understand the Mirage's crashing of old age---what I have a problem is with the pilots dying with the aircraft. That fatality is too high in the last 5 or 6 mirage crashes---all the pilots and navigators dead---.

That is where the problem is. We need to dig in deeper and find out why the pilots are not ejecting the fatal aircraft in time.

We need to find out what is stopping the pilots from escaping the aircraft---what is stopping the deployment of ejection seat---.

DERA ISMAEL KHAN: A training aircraft of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has crashed in Miran area of Purwa Tehsil here on Wednesday evening, officials said.

The District Police Officer (DPO) said that the plane parts have been found near the crash site. He said that rescue teams are now dispatched to the site of the accident.

The DPO further aid that the area had been experiencing heavy downpour, contemplating it a likely reason behind the crash.

The sources in Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) have confirmed the incident, saying the crashed plane was Mirage 5 of the PAF.

It says a training aircraft, then mentions a Mirage-5
Nothing about casualties.

very very confusing, that initially PAF not confirmed the news, then PAF still not confirmed about the fate of Poilet, DPO of that Area, told newsman and they found two dead bodies.

A tragic evening. Air commodore Shafqat (base commander PAF base Rafiqui (shorkot) and Flight Lieutenant Sohaib dpearts in a Mirage crash.

Mirage -V DPA are dual seaters where as VPA-3s are dedicated maritime strike aircraft.
Under adverse conditions, any aircraft can malfunction however the escape mechanism in Mirages must be under scrutiny.
They might as well be or they might wait for another one to crash. May the pilots rest in peace

Pakistan should speed up replacing obsolete fighters with JF-17. The 5 year old agreement to buy 36 J-10C should also reactivated we need to replace these old fighters.Pakistan should also license J-10C and build them at PAC.

Two dead as PAF Mirage aircraft crashes in DI Khan – The Express Tribune

Two dead as PAF Mirage aircraft crashes in DI Khan
By Our Correspondent
Published: March 4, 2015

847651-MirageaircrafINPx-1425473095-937-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: INP

PESHAWAR: A Pakistan Air Force (PAF)Mirage aircraft crashed Wednesday afternoon in Miran area of D I Khan district.

District police (DP) has so far confirmed deaths of both the pilot and the co-pilot. The bodies have been mutilated beyond recognition.

Read: PAF inducts Chinese-built warplane

Officials said the plane was on a training flight when it crashed. They added that during the flight, there was torrential rain and lightening which may have caused the crash. The DP office added that rescue teams have been dispatched to the area.

The plane crashed in Chirra, Miran situated around 80 kilometers away from D I Khan. Eyewitnesses said the plane caught fire during the crash.

In a statement, the PAF identified the pilots as Air Commodore Shafqat Mushtaq and Flight Lieutenant Sohaib Rasheed.

Further, a board of inquiry has been ordered by Air Headquarters to determine the cause of accident.

Rip very sad news once again , PAF must work towards finding the issues with pilots not ejecting ...

10958994_10205197669993618_2862900676179008208_n.jpg
10420747_400700713433059_1833426284101420068_n.jpg

Air commodore Shafqat (base commander PAF base Rafiqui (shorkot) and Flight Lieutenant Sohaib

Hi,

I understand the Mirage's crashing of old age---what I have a problem is with the pilots dying with the aircraft. That fatality is too high in the last 5 or 6 mirage crashes---all the pilots and navigators dead---.

That is where the problem is. We need to dig in deeper and find out why the pilots are not ejecting the fatal aircraft in time.

We need to find out what is stopping the pilots from escaping the aircraft---what is stopping the deployment of ejection seat---.

Agreed......but this time it was an Air Commodore!!!

@Windjammer if i am not wrong Mirages have completed there service life,cracks have been found in engine blades and airframe,i wonder what is stopping PAF to have new JF-17 ask nonnies to close one of political stunt type projects and procure fighters...

1102718062-1.jpg

Sad news, RIP.

PAF should ground Mirages & replace them with J10B.

The freak storm has been creating havoc for aviation throughout the Subcontinent. This was most likely a ferry or currency checkride(unlikely) that fell prey to these fast moving storms. But such are the hazards of this profession.

"a board of inquiry has been ordered"

I wonder what do they do in that, i guess they are similar to committee we have of politicians, which are of no use, because the crash rate has increased a lot in the past year or so by PAF standards, but it looks like the BOI has failed to deliver the recommendations to save pilots which are PAF's pride.

Back
Top Bottom