What's new

PAF Tranier Crash In D.I Khan Pilot Also Killed

PESHAWAR: A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) trainer Mirage aircraft crashed a few kilometers away from D.I. Khan Wednesday afternoon, killing both the pilot and the co-pilot.

The aircraft, which was on a training flight, may have crashed due to lightening and rain in the area, according to police officials. The exact location of the crash has been determined as Miran, which is around 80 kilometers from D.I. Khan.

Army and PAF rescue teams have surrounded the crash site and are searching for bodies of the pilots.

Two dead as PAF plane crashes near D.I. Khan - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

@Horus @Windjammer @SpArK @Dazzler

I know Pakistan has a very good crash rate meaning it's lower than a lot of other countries, but most of the time when I hear about a crash from PAF the pilot didn't eject. Why is that?

bad day for military aviation, first Turkey and now PAF

RIP

I know Pakistan has a very good crash rate meaning it's lower than a lot of other countries, but most of the time when I hear about a crash from PAF the pilot didn't eject. Why is that?

Pilots be it of any country eject only if the ground below has no inhabitants. A pilot would try his best till the last moment to maneuver the aircraft out to a safer area where it will have a less impact at the cost of his/her life..

Excessive water ingestion while flying through a thunderstorm can result in an engine flameout. However, I would like to think that the PAF pilots are well trained enough to avoid that situation. It could be severe turbulence from the storm that may have overstressed the old airframe (particularly in an aerodynamically demanding maneouvre). Or a lightning strike which caused damage in the wrong area (unlikely). Either way, unless they were both incapacitated before impact, they should have ejected.

PAF SOPs need to be changed to make the pilots eject without hesitation. This is too much.

Back
Top Bottom