What's new

PAF to launch full scale exercise

Good initiative and much needed to develop the strategy further while adding CPEC and Gawadar subject as well alongwith sea-lane.

Pakistan Zindabad
Sir, don't call all of us spammers. Pakistan will have to do its exercises and protect its air space. We have no issues with that. In fact I am a fan of PAF and I love the kill ratio between PAF and India which is 5 :1. It's just that pakistan lacks the firepower. You have an amazing AF which can last for a few days. I love the blogs of Kaisar Tufail who does such an amazing and impartial job of capturing how things worked out during our wars.

Then with due respect what about those who fly it,does it will gain an edge over 52's once it gets an AESA.
Sir I am sure with AESA you will be able to field your JF 17s against an enemy force. But the only problem is that your enemy (read India) has a conventional force that's bigger and that can last longer, whether it's land sea or air. What will really work for Pakistan is an agreement in India that ensures no wars, no mutual exchange of nuclear strikes and a commitment from India that it will come to Pakistan's help if there are attacks on Pakistan's sovereignty. The only thing Pakistan needs to do from its side is to shut down all anti-India terrorist groups. If this happens, just see the way the the Pakistani economy will start looking up. I don;t see things changing between Pakistan and India in thr short term. But I am a dreamer and i am not the only one. Let's hope some day, even if it is the day our kids grow up, we'll learn to live in peace.

Sir I am sure with AESA you will be able to field your JF 17s against an enemy force. But the only problem is that your enemy (read India) has a conventional force that's bigger and that can last longer, whether it's land sea or air. What will really work for Pakistan is an agreement in India that ensures no wars, no mutual exchange of nuclear strikes and a commitment from India that it will come to Pakistan's help if there are attacks on Pakistan's sovereignty. The only thing Pakistan needs to do from its side is to shut down all anti-India terrorist groups. If this happens, just see the way the the Pakistani economy will start looking up. I don;t see things changing between Pakistan and India in thr short term. But I am a dreamer and i am not the only one. Let's hope some day, even if it is the day our kids grow up, we'll learn to live in peace.
Musharaf proposed the best deal to end all of this mess but india don't want it. so nothing going to change for the nexte 70 years. Only if Kashmir issue resolved peacefully we can become best friends.

I believe that the core of every smaller air force facing larger one is the warfare art of preemptive strike and SEAD(suppression of enemy air defence)there countless examples of it most notably those by the Israelites and so on , for it you need all the infrastructure working and what not and I believe that this is PAFS real doctrine as believe it or not there is no such thing as a "defensive air force" and I hope that this exercise is to
1 Interception of intruders and prevention of naval blockade
2 SEAD
3 Preemptive strike
4 ground cover to protect mechanised attack from enemy air
5 supporting ground and naval ops

And also add testing different platforms working together on network centric warfare with AWACS etc
What do you guys think
The term defensive or offensive air force is a misnomer coined by laymen pretending to be experts.
An offense is a defense. The US invading Afghanistan was an offensive operation to secure American soil.
The PAF has offensive and defensive operations within it to protect Pakistan. However, unlike the Americans, it does not hold the capability nor does it plan to operate as an invasion force against another state.

View attachment 333944

Just got the news that PAF will launch a full scale nationwide exercise after Eid.
It will be first exercise since 2005 in which all PAF assets and infrastructure will be fully utilised to it's potential.
Great... paf should see his all wings and evaluate there dynamics

The term defensive or offensive air force is a misnomer coined by laymen pretending to be experts.
An offense is a defense. The US invading Afghanistan was an offensive operation to secure American soil.
The PAF has offensive and defensive operations within it to protect Pakistan. However, unlike the Americans, it does not hold the capability nor does it plan to operate as an invasion force against another state.
BUt what do you think of the idea do you think paf poses the capability to effectively neutralize iaf before they can react to attain air superiority ?

BUt what do you think of the idea do you think paf poses the capability to effectively neutralize iaf before they can react to attain air superiority ?
In a limited conflict; the PAF can keep the IAF at bay.
In an all out war, after a week the PAF will cease to exist; but then the nuclear weapons will also be ready to go.

In an all out war, after a week the PAF will cease to exist; but then the nuclear weapons will also be ready to go.
That's what the world thought about Israeli air force but they managed to more than survive sir Iam saying can paf if backed by excellent intelligence/sabotage neutralize or damage iaf so much in an initial strike that say destroy 50-100 planes actually leave the planes damage the planes enough that numerical superiority does not matter say take out their sensitive equipment like AWACS and radars etc because obviously in air force vs air force all out war paf has little chance

Lets face it. We face overwhelming numbers and generally better equipment on an overall scale.
Agreed. And what steps have we taken to counter this threat? Mostly none I guess...

View attachment 333944

Just got the news that PAF will launch a full scale nationwide exercise after Eid.
It will be first exercise since 2005 in which all PAF assets and infrastructure will be fully utilised to it's potential.

This exercise is happening soon after Red Flag - 2016.

Is it something to do with the transfer of knowledge and experience gained in Red Flag to the rest of the PAF?

they should name it sarial bandit, seriously!

OR...may be.....Saree wala Bandit :enjoy:

Already been done. The exersize is actually the mass scale evaluation of the JF-17. In smaller 2 v 2 1 v 2 and other scenarios; the aircraft has been evaluated. Block 1 was not "limited" as such for normal A2A engagements. The crash was caused both by a cost saving in construction and by a combination of pilot and ground team error.
how did the JF-17 perform if you dont mind my asking.

i agree with this statement. even if pakistan had what israel had conventionally the odds would still favor india, pakistans best shot was in 65.

how did the JF-17 perform if you dont mind my asking.
In the previous exersizes it is pretty good Air to Air, that is its primary task. What it lacks in one regime(as comparison) it makes up for in another.

It does not look that small but its RCS gives it an advantage even against the Erieye's radar head on(approaching the radar). It has had even results against the F-16 as both hardened and new pilots flew against each other.

What is important to understand is how well the aircraft does in the hands of a trained rookie, and in daily squadron life.

Just out of interest , have just been informed that in Red Flag, PAF has come out tops in every possible scenario.

CsftBw5XgAErg8c.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom