What's new

PAF to launch full scale exercise

All depends what role they are assigned.... remember in 2010 they weren't BVR capable either.

If the exercise is as big as it looks to be they should pitch the f-16s against the jf-17s that is something I would like to see. Along with some ground attack missions. In highmark all I remember were ground attack.

If the exercise is as big as it looks to be they should pitch the f-16s against the jf-17s that is something I would like to see. Along with some ground attack missions. In highmark all I remember were ground attack.
That happened when the first JF-17s arrived. Its been a forgone conclusion on each aircraft's strengths and weaknesses against the other.

No dear, things have moved on in fact i would say things have moved at phenomenal speed.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/jf-17-thunder-–-a-feather-in-the-cap-of-paf.448403/#ixzz4K9WOP1aE
but which targeting pod is being used by the thunder for LGBs? . paf is in process of acquiring pods for thunder.as far as cruise missiles are concerned there was a thread regarding the dimensions of raad cruise missile according to which raad cant be loaded on the thunder. heard the same from some paf officials as well. yes it can carry anti ship missiles and sd 10.

you see ground attack on some ceremony of the exercises. they cant show aerial battles in some ceremony. otherwise all the available jets perform air to air missions and dissimilar air combat as well

Tit for Tat. But then again, it may not be a bad idea to do it.

Sir PAF had planned this one since like beginning of this year so tit for tat can be from the other side to be precise. U can see the pattern as when PAF was through with its international exercise(s) and all assets would be Home. Nonetheless end September and start October had mostly been the months for exercises of this much large scale in the past too.

IMG_20160914_182342226.jpg
Concrete barriers removed on runway portion of ISB-PESH motorway for the EX (Sorry for the blurred image, was driving).

but which targeting pod is being used by the thunder for LGBs? . paf is in process of acquiring pods for thunder.as far as cruise missiles are concerned there was a thread regarding the dimensions of raad cruise missile according to which raad cant be loaded on the thunder. heard the same from some paf officials as well. yes it can carry anti ship missiles and sd 10.

you see ground attack on some ceremony of the exercises. they cant show aerial battles in some ceremony. otherwise all the available jets perform air to air missions and dissimilar air combat as well

That happened when the first JF-17s arrived. Its been a forgone conclusion on each aircraft's strengths and weaknesses against the other.

The initial JF-17's were operating with a limited envelop. Since the Block-2 ]preceded with all the flaws fixed which caused the initial crash, The envelop for A-A engagements must have been increased manifold.

What I'm hoping that Block-52 with its EW pods should be pitied against JF KLJ v2 radar and see how long JF radar can hold own its own against Electronic attacks.

Last edited:
The initial JF-17's were operating with a limited envelop. Since the Block-2 which precedence with fixing all the flaws of what caused the initial crash, The envelop for A-A engagements must have increased manifold.

What I'm hoping that Block-52 with its EW pods should be pitied against JF KLJ v2 radar and see how long JF radar can hold own its own against Electronic attacks.
Already been done. The exersize is actually the mass scale evaluation of the JF-17. In smaller 2 v 2 1 v 2 and other scenarios; the aircraft has been evaluated. Block 1 was not "limited" as such for normal A2A engagements. The crash was caused both by a cost saving in construction and by a combination of pilot and ground team error.

It is also no coincidence that the exercise is conducted on the heels of Red Flag. The crews fresh from their experience in the US will add to the learning process as they have done in the past.

how much this exercise is big? which air bases will be utilized?
@Windjammer @Bratva @Oscar @WaLeEdK2

Well considering that it will include all PAF assets and infrastructure (as per OPs info) I'd say it will be huge; one the AF hasn't performed in quite some time. I suspect motorways will be used for landing as well but I'm sure someone else has more details on that.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom