What's new

PAF to launch full scale exercise

Already been done. The exersize is actually the mass scale evaluation of the JF-17. In smaller 2 v 2 1 v 2 and other scenarios; the aircraft has been evaluated. Block 1 was not "limited" as such for normal A2A engagements. The crash was caused both by a cost saving in construction and by a combination of pilot and ground team error.

How did the JF-17's radar as well as the entire package performed against 52s? Any idea?

how much this exercise is big? which air bases will be utilized?
@Oscar
All Major airbases along with activation of certain forward airfields. UAV's out of Muridke will be dispersed, F-7pG's from Samungli might shift to their FoB deployment sites and a bunch of motorway landings will be carried out.

Then you have certain airbases playing the Saffron side and the other's playing ours.
The Block-52s will be used both in defense and aggressor roles. etc etc

How did the JF-17's radar as well as the entire package performed against 52s? Any idea?
Lets just say, its RCS has it coming close enough to kill F-16s on a regular basis in both BVR and WVR during various exersizes over the years. I dont have faith in the jet for no reason 8-).

Lets just say, its RCS has it coming close enough to kill F-16s on a regular basis in both BVR and WVR during various exersizes over the years. I dont have faith in the jet for no reason 8-).

Surely they have been pitched against some J-series aircraft in China. Those are more comparable to the SUs the IAF possesses. Any idea of how the thunders performed?

Surely they have been pitched against some J-series aircraft in China. Those are more comparable to the SUs the IAF possesses. Any idea of how the thunders performed?
jf-17pitchsu-27.jpg

Again, these are specifics that come down to the scenario and engagements. But as such, Air combat is much more fluid than 1 v 1 fights.

If it does, yes there will be an edge in terms of detection capability. But the Block-52's APG-68 V9 is a VERY VERY capable radar.
Yes sir it's know,but you know we don't brag it as a Mini AWACS.
But what's your opinion regarding Antenna size,noise cone of JFT will always limit Antenna size and that will have effect on detection range.

Thank you very much. Once we get the numbers, we will be good against IAF and IN especially when it comes to preventing a naval blockade?

Thank you very much. Once we get the numbers, we will be good against IAF and IN especially when it comes to preventing a naval blockade?
Lets face it. We face overwhelming numbers and generally better equipment on an overall scale. The PAF is not going to last long against a full fledged onslaught( it barely kept up in a 1:2 ratio on the western front during 71); however, it can during those first 2 days offer a very tough resistance that perhaps stops momentum and creates doubts on the other side.

I wud be quite interested to see how esp SSW performs with the new equipment they have inducted all these years. Current CAS also seems showing more interest in that part too as evident by his regular visits to those guys.

I believe that the core of every smaller air force facing larger one is the warfare art of preemptive strike and SEAD(suppression of enemy air defence)there countless examples of it most notably those by the Israelites and so on , for it you need all the infrastructure working and what not and I believe that this is PAFS real doctrine as believe it or not there is no such thing as a "defensive air force" and I hope that this exercise is to
1 Interception of intruders and prevention of naval blockade
2 SEAD
3 Preemptive strike
4 ground cover to protect mechanised attack from enemy air
5 supporting ground and naval ops

And also add testing different platforms working together on network centric warfare with AWACS etc
What do you guys think

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom