What's new

PAF to get extra F-16 Block-52+ ?

Both of them are speculation. Pakistan knows that the US won't like its equipment being looked at by the Chinese military etc. There is no such thing happening from Pakistani side. On the other hand Israel has sold major projects totally or partially funded by the US to China. I,e Lavi, Patriot technology, Apache's software, Python missiles and F-15's engines among other things.

yes Israel has, and some of believe we should abandon Israel to the wolves.

As Rafi pointed out. The real objective maybe to get an NOC for the engines used in the t-129s
How would that be best achieved by expressing interest in the AH-1Z? I'm not really sure what Pakistan's ongoing procurement programs are and how they are leveraged.

so why should we sell top of the line F-16s and our newest Super Cobra so China can analyze them???

we have to be crazy to continue selling to Pakistan and still think India is going to turn a blind eye to it.

You mentioned about sucker India, so what about Indians giving all the access to Apache AH-64s, P8 Poisdon, C-130J and other US equipment to Russians, and Iranians. I am sure Russians are having a field day peeking inside Indian bought US equipment in it?

Last edited:
How would that be best achieved by expressing interest in the AH-1Z? I'm not really sure what Pakistan's ongoing procurement programs are and how they are leveraged.

With a republican congress and senate, no arms procurement for Pakistan is going to be straightforward. They may reject the AH-1Z again but we can secure the sale of engines.

Hasn't Pakistan asked for the the AH-1Z in the past and been denied?

A devastatingly handsome (and lethal) beast:

AH-1Z_L2.jpg

I always wonder why the PA didn't request the AH-64 though. The AH-1Z makes sense for the USMC but surely the AH-64D/E would be far more suited for the PA?

I like it, but i'm particular fond of the UH-1Y Venom that is being produce along side the Viper.

I would love to be a door gunner on it

You mentioned about sucker India, so what about Indians giving all the access to Apache AH-64s, P8 Poisdon, C-130J and other US equipment to Russians, and Iranians. I also sure Russians are having a field day peeking inside Indian bought US equipment in it?
India will never engage in this sort of nonsense (infringe others' IPR rights for a foreign player) and has a decent reputation on the matter, I don't know what the situation is with the Chinese and Paksitan but to be fair I would say the US are shrewd enough to keep their IPR intact in Pakistan. Didn't I hear the US tell the PAF to keep the F-16s are different bases from the JF-17s or at least away from Chinese engineers? Also many parts in the F-16s have digital seals and only Lockheed Martin can gain access to certain parts of the plane.

With a republican congress and senate, no arms procurement for Pakistan is going to be straightforward. They may reject the AH-1Z again but we can secure the sale of engines.
Ah, I see- ask for the house but you only really want the blinds- sneaky sneaky ;)

I still think the US is likely to be wary of handing over such critical tech (engines are perhaps on of the most advanced and complex parts on an aircraft) to anyone but let's see how this goes.

Back
Top Bottom