What's new

PAF Should Stop Purchase of Any New F 16's

many of the honorable members in this talk are arguing to get more f16s and acquire new j10.
well y shouldn't we think out of the box.how long can we rely on USA which has left us in the time of need ,,no doubt f16 is a very potent fighter and it is a i think better than su MKI 30 ,, but now IAF is getting 36 RAFALEs in about 2 years.seriously f16 blk 52+ is no match for RAFALE ,,,36 rafales can counter 76 f16s easily. so y should we not go 4 Euro Fighter Typhoon and it will b available to Pakistan too.These Americans r very clever people and we should look towards other resources as well. the moment we decide to purchase EFT's these americans will offer us f16s blk 60 or 70 as well.
so i think no f16s no j10s just go 4 EFT's in about 2 years and upgrade our jf17 to blk 3 with AESA and 2 more hard points.This step will convert PAF to extremely lethal airforce

many of the honorable members in this talk are arguing to get more f16s and acquire new j10.
well y shouldn't we think out of the box.how long can we rely on USA which has left us in the time of need ,,no doubt f16 is a very potent fighter and it is a i think better than su MKI 30 ,, but now IAF is getting 36 RAFALEs in about 2 years.seriously f16 blk 52+ is no match for RAFALE ,,,36 rafales can counter 76 f16s easily. so y should we not go 4 Euro Fighter Typhoon and it will b available to Pakistan too.These Americans r very clever people and we should look towards other resources as well. the moment we decide to purchase EFT's these americans will offer us f16s blk 60 or 70 as well.
so i think no f16s no j10s just go 4 EFT's in about 2 years and upgrade our jf17 to blk 3 with AESA and 2 more hard points.This step will convert PAF to extremely lethal airforce
Well According to me !
Instead of Going for EFT thats hell alot Expensive, we should save money for Purchasing 5th Generation Platform !
And Indian won't get those 36 Rafs Today !
In mean while, we can increase F-16 MLU and New F-16 Block 52+ !
Numbers of F-16s should be Atleast 150+ in our Arsenal, along with the decent budget allocation to JF-17 Thunder Block 3 !
Carry on this combo till we grab 5th Gen Deal !

@MastanKhan, Sir, albeit i understand where you are coming from but under the circumstances, that's an impossible solution. PAF has been operating the F-16 for over thirty years now and it has been the spearhead of the force for the same period. Our pilots have mastered it to the extent that it can counter anything out there for foreseeable future.
The JF-17 induction is well under-way and according to my information, the PAF is content and very much occupied with the Thunder project. Introducing another new platform now is not viable hence the same source tells me that albeit the J-10 is on the PAF shopping list and it has test flown it but unless there's some extra ordinary development, we may not see the J-10 being inducted for several years however more F-16s including the option for further Block-52s is very much on the cards.

Hi,

Just because paf believes in it---does not mean that is right----. Any new procurement without aesa---is being unjust to Pakistan.

Hi,

Just because paf believes in it---does not mean that is right----. Any new procurement without aesa---is being unjust to Pakistan.
Sir,
If AESA is so important then Pakistan should procure it asap and get it fitted on all types they have. Why would they go for a new Platform altogether. Every one in this world is based on this "Paisa Phank Tamasha Dekh". US were interested in selling Saber radars to Pakistan for JF-17s but Pakistan did not have the money to buy them. There are also talks with the french regarding some stuff for JF-17's so they could also give AESA radar.

we still need more f-16s
if new are available than why not

reason

f-16 is more suitable for paf than any other
if Pakistan get more 18 more new f-16s + 24 f-16 will suitable to replace old Chinese and french jets

Fair enough, what about JF
Hi,
Jf was envisioned to be an affordable multi-role fighter craft mean to Replace f-7 and mirage and host of other platforms and to Supplement F-16 or other hi tech goodies if we had got. Nothing more nothing less. No wonder musharf singed an early agreement to get at least 36 j-10.

Putting an aesa in jf 17 is not easy as it sounds, it will require host of other major structural changes to it, something that it wasn't designed for. or our current industrial capacity does not have the enough capability to support such ambitious program.
Let me put it this way, you can put a porsche 911 turbo engine into rickshaw, but i m not sure how well it will work out for you. that is exactly the case with -17

J-10 is entirely different and new platform, and you can also clearly see the visible resemblance it shares with f-16, it can well support Aesa.

Getting at least 36 of these jets will ensure we have at least minimum exposure to Aesa tech, then later as economy props up and dynamics shift, we can look up to other stealth fighter, although i think this idea is quite far fetched.

Hi,
Jf was envisioned to be an affordable multi-role fighter craft mean to Replace f-7 and mirage and host of other platforms and to Supplement F-16 or other hi tech goodies if we had got. Nothing more nothing less. No wonder musharf singed an early agreement to get at least 36 j-10.

Putting an aesa in jf 17 is not easy as it sounds, it will require host of other major structural changes to it, something that it wasn't designed for. or our current industrial capacity does not have the enough capability to support such ambitious program.
Let me put it this way, you can put a porsche 911 turbo engine into rickshaw, but i m not sure how well it will work out for you. that is exactly the case with -17

J-10 is entirely different and new platform, and you can also clearly see the visible resemblance it shares with f-16, it can well support Aesa.

Getting at least 36 of these jets will ensure we have at least minimum exposure to Aesa tech, then later as economy props up and dynamics shift, we can look up to other stealth fighter, although i think this idea is quite far fetched.

So you admit that jf is a just almost ok jet nothing too marvelous?

When did mushi SIGN deal and whatever happened of it?

So you admit that jf is a just almost ok jet nothing too marvelous?

When did mushi SIGN deal and whatever happened of it?
Hi,
There is no point of me admitting anything. The fact stats it, if you take a clear look at its parameters and everything it was designed as an affordable fighter jet, the rest regarrding it has been mentioned in above post. There is only so much you pull out from that design.

about the deal or MOu prat here have a look at it and you can search more on google if search or have been at forum for a while, you would know what i m talking about
J-10: The New Cornerstone of Sino-Pakistani Defense Cooperation | The Jamestown Foundation

Hi,

That is a bitter pill to swallow----. Pakistan has 5 year window of opportunity----by the time india gets its rafale----. It is time enough for the J 10 B +++ to be procured and integrated.

It can secure its option for the 18 f 16's----it can also go after the BLK 61----but it needs a second aircraft with the same capability or more than the F 16 blk 52 with aesa or above---and that would be the J 10 B.

125 F 16's----100 J 10's----36 J 11 D's---250 JF17's---.

This Osama issue has secured the goodwill of te U S towards Pakistan for another 10 + years----

The J-11D is unlikely to be exported, as with any other advanced Chinese Flanker derivative.

Well According to me !
Instead of Going for EFT thats hell alot Expensive, we should save money for Purchasing 5th Generation Platform !
And Indian won't get those 36 Rafs Today !
In mean while, we can increase F-16 MLU and New F-16 Block 52+ !
Numbers of F-16s should be Atleast 150+ in our Arsenal, along with the decent budget allocation to JF-17 Thunder Block 3 !
Carry on this combo till we grab 5th Gen Deal !
We have option to upgrade our F16s with AESA radars which is at least should be done to counter any foreign enemy and we should not be India centric only.

Hi,
There is no point of me admitting anything. The fact stats it, if you take a clear look at its parameters and everything it was designed as an affordable fighter jet, the rest regarrding it has been mentioned in above post. There is only so much you pull out from that design.

about the deal or MOu prat here have a look at it and you can search more on google if search or have been at forum for a while, you would know what i m talking about
J-10: The New Cornerstone of Sino-Pakistani Defense Cooperation | The Jamestown Foundation

Very things that make it affordable and easier, also make jf unadaptable to many technologies and not a top-notch fighter.

PAF had time to choose J-10 but they went for f-16 and now it can't be undone

For people to say the Chinese AESA is equivalent to the F-16 SABR AESA is delusional. SABR is a 3rd gen AESA developed after 20 years of operational experience using AESA's the field.

Well, there are no authoritative specifications regarding either systems so it's better to lay off the comparisons for now.

If AESA is the reason behind for opting J-10B, then our Vipers can be upgraded to AESA in no time. If Rafael end up in two years to our east, we can upgrade to AESA in a month time if Northop Grumman video above is true. Even F-16 A/B can be modified as per their claim. Watch links above. Sorry available on YouTube only.

The J-10B's upgrade scheme does not stop at AESA radars. It also features extensive use of composites and RAM, solid state electronics, a degree of sensor fusion, new ECM and EW suites, and a more powerful engine than its predecessor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom